testtest

Don't laugh — katana question

Nothing wrong with that. But avoid drop forged blades with basic heat treatment. I prefer hammer forged blades. Too expensive so I make my own. Stronger, sharper, and lasts hell of a lot longer. My bowie knife is over 40 years, old passed to me from my father. Still going strong.

TEXASforLIFE, here is the tech specs on images for the forum. Hope this helps.

Currently, the limit for attachments is 2MB. There is also currently a limit of max. 10 attachments per post.

The current attachment file types allowed are:
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe

gif
[/QUO
TEXASforLIFE, here is the tech specs on images for the forum. Hope this helps.

Currently, the limit for attachments is 2MB. There is also currently a limit of max. 10 attachments per post.

The current attachment file types allowed are:
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe

gif
The error message states; the uploaded file is too large for the server to process. I've tried to reduce size, but still get same message.

I know it's not a pistol, but if you had a 12 ga pistol this would be more recoil than a 500 mag. 3,804 ftpe.

Attachments

• 20200112_233201.jpg
    20200112_233201.jpg
    912.1 KB · Views: 223
I bought a Paul Chen Practical Plus katana a few months back and really like it.

It has the clay heat treating "hamon" line and real rayskin. I'm no samurai, but it seems like a really nice sword!

I bought a Paul Chen Practical Plus katana a few months back and really like it.

It has the clay heat treating "hamon" line and real rayskin. I'm no samurai, but it seems like a really nice sword!
I've handled some of those Paul Chen ones and they seem really nice. I've also see the Ronin Dojo Pro ones, and they seemed like they might be a step up from the Chen ones (but can't say for sure).

It depends on how many bodies it slices in half. It may need a touch of sharpening to keep it top notch ⚔ ;)
It depends on how many bodies are on the blade, and as they are not eating rocks, i suppose some AR 500 could be a problem too. However, there are enough arteries in the extremities, not to mention blunt force trauma.

This is interesting, might change your perspective of samurai:

Last edited:
I would like to try using and holding a katana too I think it might bring me some painful cuts and unlikable wounds. Better hold on my ammo 😄.

Back