testtest

Dream job at a gun manufacturer.......

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
I was thinking, if you had a chance to have a job at a gun manufacture what would your dream job be? Mine would be the guy who gets to test fire all those guns without having to buy the ammo for them. I mean, you go to work and shoot firearms all day, go home and get up next day and do it again.

I'm probably thinking the same as Talyn, as in firearm development.
From the short period of time I have gotten interested in firearms, I wish I could go back in my youth to learn to become a gunsmith. I find it fascinating to be able to work on all sort of firearms and even designing/building one from scratch. Oh well, perhaps in another life.

From the short period of time I have gotten interested in firearms, I wish I could go back in my youth to learn to become a gunsmith. I find it fascinating to be able to work on all sort of firearms and even designing/building one from scratch. Oh well, perhaps in another life.
Sorry to break it to you @BET7 but Hi-Points are not meant to be fixed there're disposal like Bic lighters....😜

Anyone can be a gunsmith. A basic knowledge of guns, metallurgy and a knack for figuring things out is all you need. Dave "Carbine" Williams proved that. Here's his story:

https://www.ncpedia.org/biography/williams-david-marshall

Well, someone has to try to :rolleyes: . With your massive collection of them, it would be a shame to have to get rid of them all, because then you'd have no firearms at all. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
They will never break with the museum like displays I keep them in so no worries here....🙄

I lived that dream for 20 years.
My Motto.
If you truly love your job you’ll never work a day in your life.
While digging through an old laptop I found pictures of my time with
O.F. Mossberg & Sons I’ll post some pictures soon.
Hey Keystone, did you ever hear more from Ruger on potential job opportunities with your Marlin experience? I thought that was cool that they reached out to you.

Like Tayln, I’d like to be on the R&D side of things, but upper crust management. I’d like to truly take what is “out there” customer standpoint and bring it to the table. It’s understandable you can’t please everyone but if you read the forums, several are in agreement on a lot of things and gun manufacturers don’t jump on board or are late to the party.

I was thinking, if you had a chance to have a job at a gun manufacture what would your dream job be? Mine would be the guy who gets to test fire all those guns without having to buy the ammo for them. I mean, you go to work and shoot firearms all day, go home and get up next day and do it again.
I know a couple people that work at Glock in Georgia that do the test firing......it sucks they mount the guns in a machine and push a button. A person does not actually pull the trigger.

I know a couple people that work at Glock in Georgia that do the test firing......it sucks they mount the guns in a machine and push a button. A person does not actually pull the trigger.
Marlin and Mossberg did that only when shooting with very high pressure loads to ensure the gun wouldn’t blow up. All other testing was done by hands on.

That is not at all as Glamorous as you might think, you can’t have facial hair due to the respirator you need to wear and you can’t wear your clothes home due to the possible levels of lead. You also need to have blood work done every 6 months as a precaution.

Not to mention the potential damage to your hearing. The ringing in my left ear is so loud that anyone sitting in a room with me should be able to hear it as well.:oops:

That is not at all as Glamorous as you might think, you can’t have facial hair due to the respirator you need to wear and you can’t wear your clothes home due to the possible levels of lead. You also need to have blood work done every 6 months as a precaution.
I kind of figured that. I was a paint & body man and a welder. Always having to be tested.

Back