testtest

EAA Girsan MC P35 Affordable Hi-Power Clone Review

I'll just an example for both of them, the one pictued is a 45 auto. good looking gun and feels really well made. but the QC for this company is lacking. took this gun out and the slide kept locking back, after a couple mags i noticed the slide stop was coming out. it has no detent in it to hold it in place. so i pushed it in and shot some more, same thing. i later talked to a gunsmith at the gun shop and he told me how to fix it. said they are all like that. so i take it out and drill a detent in it like it should have come from the factory. Take it back out and it's a lot better but still works itself out just takes longer. i figure the spring is not strong enough. anyway i haven't shot it anymore or worked on it. shouldn't have to work on it.

20220729_125247.jpg

The slide stop isn't supposed to have a detent. I think it's usually recoil spring pressure and a prayer that keeps them in place on a 1911. The fact that yours is walking out, and wanted to lock the slide while shooting, tells me it's probably making contact with the nose of bullets in the mag. There's probably a brass witness mark on the inside of the slide stop. If there is, file that area and it will stop walking out.

It took a bit of time, but mine grew on me.

20230620_180754.jpg

I bought it thinking it would be a project pistol. But the things that I was expecting to adjust and tweak have not needed tweaking. Funny how that goes sometimes.

Edit: Their hi power clones have been very tempting.

Back