testtest

Ear Pro

Those are all I've ever used. From running power saw felling timber in logging camps through out the state of AK. To grinding, cutting, and welding metals in my shop. To shooting firearms in my backyard range. 3M plugs are great hearing protection! A box will last a person or family several years! Im kind of cheep so I actually have a little plastic case for them I keep in my pants pocket and reuse a set several times before discarding.
I agree they are good but please tell me you wash them between use? Not a good idea to reuse foam plugs because what’s on your hands gets onto the plug and into your ear. I knew one guy years ago reused them and got a serious ear infection.

I agree they are good but please tell me you wash them between use? Not a good idea to reuse foam plugs because what’s on your hands gets onto the plug and into your ear. I knew one guy years ago reused them and got a serious ear infection.
Haven't washed a pair in 30 years of using them. No infections yet, but I'll definitely keep that in mind Keystone! 👍 IMG_20220423_110239537.jpg

I have different levels of earpro that I wear depending on the shooting I’m doing.

For outdoor pistol work, I wear a pair of Peltor Tac6’s. They’re also slim enough that I can use them with most rifles, particularly when shooting offhand.

Outdoor rifles that the Peltors won’t work with? I just use various foamies or silicon plugs that I get from work.

Indoor ranges? In-ear foamies/silicone under a pair of Howard Leight 30NRR muffs. They’re bulky, but I tend not to shoot rifles indoor….so really not an issue.

Remember- unless you are using your earpro 100% correctly, you're likely only getting 50-75% protection at best.…and almost NOBODY uses their earpro 100% correctly.

Learn how to correctly insert a foam plug—there's more to it than just sticking it in your ear. If you use silicone…remember to wet them first before insertion. Yup…give yourself a wet Willy in the name of hearing protection.

On the Surefire plugs mentioned initially—I had a pair. I didn’t think they did that great of a job on their own, but they were nice under electronic muffs.

They wore out, though, and I’ve never bothered replacing them.

Haven't washed a pair in 30 years of using them. No infections yet, but I'll definitely keep that in mind Keystone! 👍View attachment 26690
Just for the record. My ears are not that dirty. The dirt acumulates on to plugs after repeated use off my fingers every time I use them. I have a hard time throwing things away if it continues to work. Especially living in rural AK. I get every penny or second out of my equipment. Like I said earlier. I'm cheep, and if it saves me money so I can buy anther box of ammo. I'm gonna do what I gotta do! 😂

I have 2 pairs of custom molded ear plugs. Those foam ones don't work for me. Well, they only work in one of my ears for some reason. Either way, the custom jobs are made by injecting this crap in my ears and then letting them harden and trimming them. They usually come back in 2 weeks. Free at my work. Which I generally never wear them at work because I am normally not around really loud machinery. I wear these when the electronic Leight slim muffs I have interfere with a rifle or something. Which is rare.

I have 2 pairs of custom molded ear plugs. Those foam ones don't work for me. Well, they only work in one of my ears for some reason. Either way, the custom jobs are made by injecting this crap in my ears and then letting them harden and trimming them. They usually come back in 2 weeks. Free at my work. Which I generally never wear them at work because I am normally not around really loud machinery. I wear these when the electronic Leight slim muffs I have interfere with a rifle or something. Which is rare.
It's very interesting to know just how much everyone's ears vary in size! When I was in the military. I couldn't believe all the different sized silicone ear plugs issued!
Hey, everyone is different plain and simple.

Interesting. I have a pair of Aftershokz for listening to music or podcasts. Not real sure how these would protect your ears for gun shots. Seems like the earplugs are for muting out the gunshots, but this device allows you to hear sounds and talking around you.

Back