testtest

Economic meltdown. How far do you think will the markets go?

SaltyMonkey

Professional
Dow is down to just above 29k. How low do you think it will go? Short term we’re pretty much guaranteed that we have more rate hikes to come. Prices of everything are going through the roof. I fear we’re in for more economic pain than we had in the early 70s.

Dow is down to just above 29k. How low do you think it will go? Short term we’re pretty much guaranteed that we have more rate hikes to come. Prices of everything are going through the roof. I fear we’re in for more economic pain than we had in the early 70s.
I think it's likely that we haven't seen the worst of it yet. But compared to what's on the horizon for large parts of the rest of the world, I have little doubt we're going to fare better here in the U.S.

Our FA advised us that we could likely see the Dow at around the 20k range before it’s all over. I really hate it for the boomers and those about to retire.

I think the current economy is going to collapse completely and the Globalists will take the opportunity to shift to a unified world current that will very likely be electronic (so they can lock you out of your bank account at will).

well all my money is under my mattress....

good thing i don't let anyone know my address, 2321 Wikileaks Blvd. Antioch, TN........
CCD4EA43-20AA-4189-8F10-FE8329EDA14B.gif

Well considering the fed is going to just keep going and Janet Yellen is now working for the Biden administration you can bet it's going to be painful for all of us.
yup, we just paid our "second" mortgage (it's really a HELOC), it was just under 6% and next month, the interest rate might just hit 6%.

yeah, i can really see how this is staving off inflation for us on a fixed income....(sarcasm)

We are definitely on a downward spiral for those invested in equity stocks! I personally think we will be in a world of hurt between now and January 1st. Not much telling how long it will take to recover. :(. Hmmm. I wonder if Walmart is still hiring greeters!

We are definitely on a downward spiral for those invested in equity stocks! I personally think we will be in a world of hurt between now and January 1st. Not much telling how long it will take to recover. :(. Hmmm. I wonder if Walmart is still hiring greeters!
Will this be you ???

A very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into Wal-Mart with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.
The Wal-Mart Greeter said pleasantly, "Good morning, and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"
The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, "Hell no they ain't. The oldest one's 9 and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?"
"I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am," replied the greeter. "I just couldn't believe you got laid twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart."

I think it's also important to keep in mind that the U.S. economy does not exist in a bubble, and while no one wants to admit it, the U.S. economy is not entirely under the control of the Fed. There are much larger global forces at work right now, and a heckuva lot of geopolitical upheaval and uncertainty transpiring, which is causing a rise in fuel prices, supply chain disruptions, etc. Or, further exacerbating trends that were already happening.

Of course, none of that is comfort to anyone who is financially hurting right now. I just think it's important to remember that the factors leading to the current economic condition aren't entirely within the U.S, and aren't entirely going to be solved by the U.S. either. I think we ascribe way too much power to the Fed that it doesn't really have.

Beyond that and in the bigger picture, I believe we are witnessing the end of globalization as we've grown accustomed to it over the last 50 years or so. This may ultimately be a good thing in some ways, at least for those of us lucky enough to live in places wiith abundant resources and manufacturing capacity. But it's going to involve some pain, especially for those places that have neither.

Last edited:
Don't worry, be happy.

The existing administration/Congress will just print more $$ and pass more relief bills through the end of the calendar year.

But seriously...Hard Times coming considering the govt. mismanagement, & millions of illegals flooding the country.

Last edited:
Back