testtest

Economic meltdown. How far do you think will the markets go?

The nut case on the other side of the globe starts lighting off the BIG roman candles SGHTF large. It will make you forget about all the money you had.

Based on what I have read and seen I think the bottom will be an S&P around 3200 or an additional 12% down.
That's not in stone though as our politicians could continue to spend or do other things that hurt our economy. Best thing that could happen in the short run is a divided government (red wins the mid-terms) and then Biden would be a lame duck president and limited to executive powers.

I don't see a catastrophic collapse of the markets as the wealthy and powerful like their money to much and a rising market makes them richer and more powerful.

Sense the market is forward looking my guess is it will be 2024 when the outlook looks better so late in 2023 the market should start to improve. If you want to borrow money, the cost of money will stay high for awhile as they can't lower rates that fast.

I won’t go into what I have my retirement money in but it’s not in a 401K my cousin is a financial advisor/planner and he told me years ago what to do.

Anybody paying attention to what’s happening in the UK 🇬🇧? 🫠
“The sell-off was so acute in core markets that the BOE stepped in on Wednesday with a promise to purchase government bonds “on whatever scale is necessary” to stabilize conditions.”

Dance a little jig and hope it entertains the masses for a bit longer…

Anybody paying attention to what’s happening in the UK 🇬🇧? 🫠
“The sell-off was so acute in core markets that the BOE stepped in on Wednesday with a promise to purchase government bonds “on whatever scale is necessary” to stabilize conditions.”

Dance a little jig and hope it entertains the masses for a bit longer…

Yup. Combine that with the very grim economic outlook for Germany as well (the EU's largest economy and the fourth largest GDP in the world) and the overall outlook for Europe is looking like a bad recession at a minimum, and more likely worse. The impacts of this won't be limited to Europe, but will have ripple effects felt globally.

And then.....concerns about serious global food shortages were already being raised by the WFP last year, well before the invasion of Ukraine. That invasion has made an already bad situation a lot worse, both in terms of actual food exports from Ukraine and Russia, and in terms of critical components of fertilizer, and without the latter, there are a lot of places in the world that simply don't have viable agriculture, period.

Wars breed bad economic times, and bad economic times breed wars. Unfortunately, I don't see how this gets better before it gets worse.

I agree with most of you. The economy, and the markets, have only begun to fall. It's time to stop the bleeding, and preserve what you have. Go to cash.

The stock market is much like an aircraft in turbulence. It takes an unexpected dip and drops, and 95% of the people who are inexperienced flyers get white knuckled, and think it's going to crash into the ground, and kill everyone onboard.

The stock market is much like an aircraft in turbulence. It takes an unexpected dip and drops, and 95% of the people who are inexperienced flyers get white knuckled, and think it's going to crash into the ground, and kill everyone onboard.
They only kill the ones who follow their lead. Everyone else gets paid. Eventually. If they’re smart.

I can honestly say that I have never in my lifetime of 78 years. Seen our country in worse shape. I think the biggest issue is that those in charge will not even admit there is a problem. I have a theory as to where we are headed, but I won't be sure until the November election results. It ain't pretty

Back