testtest

EDC at Home

Everything is calm in MT.

995w3.jpg

I definitely have elevated the home game in the last few days. Magazines have been checked, AR is now hanging from the bedpost beside me. CCW is on me, extras mags placed in the vehicle above normal.

I do need to preload my 12 gauge, brb.

Debating taking my AR pistol with me in the vehicle, but don't trust leaving it unattended while I shop.

As our current crisis continues to worsen not only do I carry at home I now have 3 in specific locations for the wife who doesn't carry at home. BTW...Special Thanks again to whomever mentioned having heading protection as part of home defense...wife and I each have Walked muffs on our nightstand.

Good point about the hearing protection, which is something that has always concerned me since I ONCE fired my Ruger LCP out in a field, and had forgotten to bring ear plugs. I had been shooting a couple of 22’s and a 38, which didn’t bother me much as I grew up shooting those guns outside in Georgia. Then I fired that little bitty 380. Loudest gun I own I think! One shot and I was done.

I keep weapons strategically placed throughout the house and would generally not carry one on me while in my home. The current crisis has changed that and I now carry a weapon on me at all times and I have elevated my vigilance of what is going on around me. "Preparation, not paranoia."

The problem with having an AR for home defense is that if you miss the round can easily go through your wall and into a close neighbors house.

Buckshot or a pistol round is more likely to go through more walls than a 5.56 defensive round (not FMJ).

But, the fact is that any round that will penetrate deeply enough to cause a rapid stop on an intruder will go through multiple walls (interior walls in particular). Plan your lanes of fire accordingly.

Also have family members ingrained to "hit the deck"...and aim higher than that.

I live alone, with dogs, on 4 acres, with 19" thick stone exterior walls. I can quite literally "spray and pray" if I have to. I guess I'm lucky that way.

Also have family members ingrained to "hit the deck"...and aim higher than that.

I live alone, with dogs, on 4 acres, with 19" thick stone exterior walls. I can quite literally "spray and pray" if I have to. I guess I'm lucky that way.
I have no neighbors to worry about and it’s just me, the woman and 2 cats. And they all constantly follow me wherever I go. Gee. Lucky me. Lol. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What do you do with your EDC while at home? Is it in your holster, in a nightstand or desk drawer? What do you do to keep it handy?
I have it on my person or close by at all times even with a pair of shorts and a tee-shirt it's ready in my Urban Carry G3 Holster. No nightstands or desk drawers here. 🔫 🇺🇸 💯 %

Back