testtest

EDC Magazines

USMC1911

Elite
How many extra Mags do you carry? I generally carry two extra Mags. My job requires me to be armed and I can only carry 10rd Mags. I figure I can’t go wrong with extra ammo.

Attachments

• 922C3C7A-2DF3-42FA-AEFD-FAAD8C2DB8C1.jpeg
    922C3C7A-2DF3-42FA-AEFD-FAAD8C2DB8C1.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 95
I never carry extra mags. If I need to do that i'm in deeper crap than i need to be in.
With a pistol it does not always have anything to do with trouble. You would be amazed at how often a magazine is accidently droped from pistols leaving you with a modern single shot pistol.

Oh I know we will all say it cannot happen to me. But it does. A guy I know owns a diner and they find a half dozen magazines laying on benches every year. And they come from cops, joe blow, even guys he knows as range officers at his club. And I know more than one person who has found them on the seat of thier car.

Mag release get accidently pressed, mags not seated properly, it does happen more often than we think.we are all that me it cannot happen to.

Last edited:
So to keep from carrying the extra 4 oz. of weight you decide to never carry a spare magazine ?
Because you think your magazine will never fail ? You will never get overly excited and with adrenaline dumping into your brain you accidentally drop the mag from the gun ?

That's either an awful lot of faith in a magazine and your ability to deal with extreme stress or you really don't anticipate ever needing a firearm for self defense.

My apologies. I sure ain't trying to school anyone and I'm not telling anyone anything they haven't heard here and elsewhere a million times.

I carry 2 extra magazines at all times. And 2 knives. And 2 packs of smokes and a cell phone.

My cool/cold jacket weather rig which I carry on a Kore belt.

ZxgCgdM.jpg

No offense taken. Carried a ton of stuff for 23 years in military and when I retired I saw no sense in it. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure of my surrounding at all times and it does take a lot to get me worked up. Now saying this I could walk outside and the crap hit the fan. Once I change my underwear i might see things differently. I don't even carry a knife.

Back