testtest

EDC Rotation

A good video showing why training and possibly a gun without a true flip switch safety may not be a good idea.

taken in South Africa. Bad guy pulls up, pulls a gun and homeowner pulls gun and shoots first. How the bad guy is not dead is amazing, considering the shots were 10 feet. This is why you train !!! Not just at a stationary paper target !!!

(guy gets out of car and car drives away because steering wheel is on the right side with a driver in car)
Guy gets out of the car with a gun acting real tough until someone else has a gun and then it’s “I’m out of here”

I agree, if not the same gun the same manual of arms. Remember one loses fin motor skills under stress.

Reminds me of this video:
Had the gun been a single action it might have turned out different.
I suppose it could also have been why he emptied it, force of habit.
I understand completely that police officers have the right to defend themselves and want to go home at the end shift so no issue from me on the shoot just one sort of funny note is the
“Do not move” at the end, I’m thinking after being shot multiple times he’s not going to.
Just saying.

Last edited:
I tend to rotate, to an extent. Not sure if it is me being fickle or what, but I enjoy different firearms, and carrying them sporadically. I do however train with them all on a regular basis so I am current with them.

The reason I say to an extent is that I have for years carried a snub revolver in my hip pocket every day. Currently that is a Taurus M380 in my left hip pocket. This one, when I am carry two, acts as a backup or to arm my wife if she happens not to be carrying a firearm.

I also often carry a pistol or revolver on my belt, what, depends upon mood, weather and where I am going that day. IE: working around the homestead and in deep winter it is a model 60 357 mag. Going into town one of a number of pistol replace the belt carried revolver. Recently it has often been a Browning 1911 .380.

Well I just bought a Hellcat and think my days of periodic rotating and looking for the "next greatest" carry gun might be over. With under 500rnds I have been very impressed and find it forgettable when carrying. Mine has been very accurate and reliable. Could not be happier.

I rotate 3 handguns. They are all very similar, but different, (XDe, Shield, PPS m2). The main reason I rotate and train with each one is because I don’t ever want to be in a position where I don’t have a handgun to carry. We all know things break, so my primary reason is to have backup. If one is being repaired, I have two others. Plus I enjoy all 3.

Well I just bought a Hellcat and think my days of periodic rotating and looking for the "next greatest" carry gun might be over. With under 500rnds I have been very impressed and find it forgettable when carrying. Mine has been very accurate and reliable. Could not be happier.
That’s good, you hear such great things and good reviews on the Hellcat. I try to find a reason to get one but for now I have none. When they release the .45 version I’ll have to get one.

I have the Hellcat and the 911 .380. First and foremost is for me to give equal training time even though i will carry the 911 mostly. But will carry the Hellcat at times. I figure it can’t hurt to know them both really well. If something happens at home there both here. So I can go either way and have a second just in case I need that option. I bought the 911 for carry though and I’m going to train my wife on it as well. She may steal it from me but I want her trained really well first

I agree, if not the same gun the same manual of arms. Remember one loses fin motor skills under stress.

Reminds me of this video:
Had the gun been a single action it might have turned out different.
I suppose it could also have been why he emptied it, force of habit.
Nothing is ever textbook perfect in law enforcement; however, those Utah officers resolved that very deadly force encounter as close to perfect as it gets. They should be award two weeks' golf vacation with President Trump at Mar-A-Lago, may get some shooting time in with President Trump.

My guess is President Trump is an excellent shot.

Excellent job, good guys.

I mainly carry my Shield .45ACP in a JM4 tactical holster. There's something about how easily concealed it is, the .45 round, and the overall quality of the Shield firearm that is hard to beat. It's thin, conceals very easily IWB, and carrying an extra magazine is no problem. It's a very accurate handgun for a .45. I've recently started rotating my Taurus G3C 9mm and my Taurus G3 now that I have a holster than can conceal the G3 IWB without issue. On a rare occasion I'll carry my old Gen 3 Glock 22 .40 cal in an OWB holster.

Back