testtest

Edge of Reality: Knife Attacks Suck

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
In the self-defense, martial arts, and tactical spaces, there is perhaps nothing more polarizing than knife-attack defense.

1712541297456.png

1712541376115.png

Bonus

Los Cruces. NM. just lost an Officer to a particularly gruesome knife attack by a transient sleeping in a parking lot. The Officer took multiple wounds including a stab to the neck and bled out in under a minute. A former military man put three shots on the attacker who died also. It is good to be aware of people in your vicinity and to practice moving off the "X" when you are shooting whenever you can.

Los Cruces. NM. just lost an Officer to a particularly gruesome knife attack by a transient sleeping in a parking lot. The Officer took multiple wounds including a stab to the neck and bled out in under a minute. A former military man put three shots on the attacker who died also. It is good to be aware of people in your vicinity and to practice moving off the "X" when you are shooting whenever you can.
I've only been to or thru Los Cruses a few times, but been going to Ruidoso for decades (occasionally to/thru Alamogordo). Sorry to hear about that!

Officer Johah Hernandez. RIP

Thanks for the link, Talyn.

Not based on any known research ar anything, but I figure quite a few folks you see hanging around unseemly places have at least a knife at their disposal. I have known a few folks with drug addiction problems who told me they carry a knife.

Thanks for the link, Talyn.

Not based on any known research ar anything, but I figure quite a few folks you see hanging around unseemly places have at least a knife at their disposal. I have known a few folks with drug addiction problems who told me they carry a knife.
When I was a security guard I worked around homeless people most of the time. I never ran into one that wasn't armed with something.

I can't speak for any place else but in Colorado Springs homeless people kill each other frequently and you almost never hear about it on the news.

I think because the news media doesn't want people to know how bad the problem is and I also think that it's because they're homeless and nobody cares.

There was a particularly brutal murder outside of the Drake power plant several years ago.

The victim was beaten to death and somebody took a sign of off the fence and tied it around his neck with wire. Then they poured gravel into his mouth until it was full.

One of the guards that found him called the local news to report it. I don't even think they sent a reporter out.

Note: The various drug gangs/cartel members from Mexico, and Central and South America prefer to get in close to use use knives.

Best be super aware if in situations were those types are present.

In the self-defense, martial arts, and tactical spaces, there is perhaps nothing more polarizing than knife-attack defense.

View attachment 55512

View attachment 55513

Bonus

so true
when we live din jacksonville florida my wife and i had the opportunity to attend a 8 week class with the local sheriffs office to go through an abbreviated training in each area the recruits go through , plus advanced training for officers

the I CAN GET TO YOU in about half a second drills were real eye openers
VERY VERY enlightening on just haw fast a person can cover 20 feet or less to get you.

breaching drills and people doing the above were something to behold in as real world as they could do
i think i still have bruises from being on both sides of the drills

Back