testtest

Electric is the way to go?

We is all cretins here, Nothin electric. all Ford chevy and dodge pickups. most jacked up with lift kits.
soon to be deleted...i'd imagine

but i don't like "lift kits" on trucks.

i prefer this kind of "lift kit"

1697560939216.png

Who knows if it's true but, if so, it's going to be a while before I am going to buy an electric car. Curious what insurance companies are doing about ev issues.

I won't buy an electric car, but I think electric bicycles/tricycles are great.

I bought a small electric bicycle 6 months ago that works in 3 modes (electric only, pedal assist, no power pedal like a regular bicycle).

It's nice to be able to ride an electric bicycle for 15 to 25 miles with about half the effort it would take if I had to ride it like a regular bicycle. I think it's a great exercise for a 65 year old like me. I use the electric throttle to get me moving and then switch to pedal assist.

If I were going to get an electric type car, I'd consider getting a hybrid that has electric and gasoline motors.

As they plug into the coal fired electrical grid :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: With no thought to the future and batterie disposal o_O
yeah, they "plug in" s long as there isn't any brownouts, blackouts, excessive heat waves, and they are told to NOT recharge those batteries.

case in point was this past summer's weather in Commifornia..

CALIFORNIA (WTVO) — With California's power grid under strain due to extreme heat and high demand, the utility grid operator is asking residents to avoid charging their electric vehicles. This comes days after the state announced a plan to ban the sale of gas-powered cars by 2035.Aug 31, 2022

so you gotta get to work, school, the hospital, or the local bar, and you can't get your car charged??

how da hell are the lushes gonna survive..???

yeah, they "plug in" s long as there isn't any brownouts, blackouts, excessive heat waves, and they are told to NOT recharge those batteries.

case in point was this past summer's weather in Commifornia..

CALIFORNIA (WTVO) — With California's power grid under strain due to extreme heat and high demand, the utility grid operator is asking residents to avoid charging their electric vehicles. This comes days after the state announced a plan to ban the sale of gas-powered cars by 2035.Aug 31, 2022

so you gotta get to work, school, the hospital, or the local bar, and you can't get your car charged??

how da hell are the lushes gonna survive..???
ERCOT threatened our grid this summer with rolling blackouts....
we are on a CO-OP that gets pwr from nat gas plant not far from here so we are exempt from ERCOT the commies aka criminals

ERCOT controls about 85% of texas pwr .....they are the ones that let people freeze a few years ago...
meanwhile we had pwr the whole time during the event
thier website is so full of manure 100% of time
but it does show what each thing is generating like solar, wind , coal, nuke, nat gas, hydro etc

Last edited:
ERCOT threatened our grid this summer with rolling blackouts....
we are on a CO-OP that gets pwr from nat gas plant not far from here so we are exempt from ERCOT the commies aka criminals

ERCOT controls about 85% of texas pwr .....they are the ones that let people freeze a few years ago...
meanwhile we had pwr the whole time during the event
thier website is so full of manure 100% of time
but it does show what each thing is generating like solar, wind , coal, nuke, nat gas, hydro etc

this might be a good "case" for homeowners to be self reliant on BIG power companies, hell even smaller ones that get thier electricity from the BIG guys.

self reliant as in solar panels, wind turbines, generators, and i mean BIG POWERFUL DIESEL CAT generators that shake the ground like an 8.6 Richter scale California earthquake when the start up......

i think as the country goes deep into the coming apocalypse, self reliance is what will be needed.

this might be a good "case" for homeowners to be self reliant on BIG power companies, hell even smaller ones that get thier electricity from the BIG guys.

self reliant as in solar panels, wind turbines, generators, and i mean BIG POWERFUL DIESEL CAT generators that shake the ground like an 8.6 Richter scale California earthquake when the start up......

i think as the country goes deep into the coming apocalypse, self reliance is what will be needed.
i have a transfer switch in my meter base that allows me to run a 9500k watt genny on gas or propane and it will power my house until the 100 gallons of propane runs out. we usually loose pwr in bad spring storms from trees.
over all i bet last year it was 3 times and less than 5 hrs.
takes about 10 minutes to be up and running,
our co-op has an aggressive tree program to keep lines clear , plus the mulch from shredding trees is free and they deliver a BIG assss truck load for free to your home if you call. we get one about every 2 years as it takes that long to use it up
20230623_094254.jpg
20230622_182816.jpg
20230623_111340.jpg

☝️Seems like a good idea,but I would still opt for a automatic transfer switch.
we were going to go the route of cummins stand by not generac..both are good, but cummins won out for longevity etc

the huge factor for us was cost and number of times we use it per year, upkeep of genny and installing a LARGE 250 gallon tank purchase.
putting a transfer switch ALONE in my house was estimated at a bit over 3k...just the electricians work, not the genny install or purchase , that would add another 3500 to 6k depending on size of genny put in. i was going to go bigger so i could run my moms house next door off a side panel to give them heat and some outlets for fridge and a few light.

the generlink was 1200, the genny was iirc 900 and 30 dollars to co-op to install the meter base switch
it also is approved by them to not send pwr up line and be the dominant pwr source if genny is plugged in ..like a larger transfer switch

and our co-op is very picky about electricians and being certified via the pwr company to allow transfer switches and the work done.. they inspect ALOT and ensure you are safe as well as the line.

if we go 100% solar with batteries for night time, then it will be a real standby
the portable is also easier to keep clean, as it sits in garage until needed, battery charged, ready to go

10 minutes seems long..but its not really
i have a checklist , just like for flying or loading.. and we are live

My neighbor has a manual outdoor plug-in transfer switch that leads to a separate breaker panel in the house, said these aren’t that difficult to install but would need some panel experience. Not my cup o’ tea.

I’m all for having some sort of (portable) backup generator on hand, I have a small gasoline generator on wheels to roll out but no transfer switch or pre-wiring to circuits. I just run an extension cord and 3-way splitter to power only low amp essentials like a lamp, tv, WiFi but it will still take on the fridge startup too.
Our electric service is good at responding to downed wires. Last major outage was under 2 hours and maybe that will happen every couple years.

btw- There was a you tube demo where some guy tried to recharge his little electric car with a portable gas generator, i don’t recall the actual time it took to get a little charge, but it wasn’t much kWh and took too long like all day to get maybe an hours worth of driving time.

Back