testtest

Electric or Gas for a Car

I live in the country. Electric vehicles may work for my grandkids in the future but no way we can rely on them out here.
i am surprised the gooberment greenies, are not pushing more of these.......

1696854910666.png

The wife has a sister in Portland and she has an electric vehicle. It works for her. Most of the country is ill equipped to do that and the people who buy electric make over $100K and get taxpayer subsidies.
You have to decide what is best for you. Interest rates are high as are vehicle prices.

I’ll just leave this here:

i read that a long time ago...

Hell, Fords CEO......had issues as well............on one of his journeys.

to me, that speaks volumes of the whole shabang............

I’ll just leave this here:

biden's own energy secretary had egg on her face last month.
ps- i am posting a link to an npr article on purpose. it makes it extra special.

I think ceiling fans are next on the list.
🙄
yes they are.. they took out clocks on cooking stoves and built in microwaves WHICH MADE TONS OF SENSE
space heaters, electric blankets, garage door openers, its crazy

how ever jan 1 the gov made ev 7500 credit easier as in you can get 7500 for down payment, cash etc at time of purchase
no more if you dont earn enough to owe 7500 in tax and have to amortize it over years... so yes BIG G is forcing it faster

but for us GAS is only answer,
maybe hydrogen fuel cell if it gets going to passenger cars like it is in busses already
but no EV , no fire in the garage, no extra electric service .

I own an old 1990 ford bronco which I drive every day, my wife drives a rav4 . So the bronco ain’t going no where but the rav 4 is eventually going . We were debating electric or gas do we will compromise hybrid so we are looking at a grand Cherokee they do come in hybrid . Anyway which way would you guys go i cant do all electric period . Friends don’t let friends buy Tesla or a Prius ha ha ha
Electric cars can be VERY expensive to repair. Some fire departments around the country will stand clear of a burning EV. Fear of water hitting batteries causing explosion.

biden's own energy secretary had egg on her face last month.
ps- i am posting a link to an npr article on purpose. it makes it extra special.

the only "advantage" to owning an electric car, is that there won't be any hours long speed chases on ANY California highways being televised....

what will Californians watch on tv then..???

CHiP's reruns..???

If you don't need to cover more than 200-300 miles in a trip, live in an area where charging stations are abundant, don't have a problem with not being able to go anywhere while the vehicle is charging, are good with paying to have a charger installed at your house (if you own your property), can accept that when the batteries reach the end of their life it will cost you a lot of money to replace them and are willing to gamble that technology won't render your vehicle obsolete go for the electric.

Of course, the electric wave is just getting started so resale value of these cars is speculation at best. Safety concerns about fires starting in the circuits also need to be factored in. Service shouldn't be a problem, provided you live in an area where a dealership is close by; it's going to be unlikely there will be many independent repair facilities who can/will work on them.

Or, you can extend the middle finger to the woke fascists who want to run your life and stay the course of fossil fuel power. Until Hydrogen is practical, that is.
What Blackmesa96 said!

yes they are.. they took out clocks on cooking stoves and built in microwaves WHICH MADE TONS OF SENSE
space heaters, electric blankets, garage door openers, its crazy

how ever jan 1 the gov made ev 7500 credit easier as in you can get 7500 for down payment, cash etc at time of purchase
no more if you dont earn enough to owe 7500 in tax and have to amortize it over years... so yes BIG G is forcing it faster

but for us GAS is only answer,
maybe hydrogen fuel cell if it gets going to passenger cars like it is in busses already
but no EV , no fire in the garage, no extra electric service .
this is where we can help the immigration issue..

1) we can hire an immigrant to open/close our garage doors...

2) we can hire an immigrant to fan us

3) we can hire an immigrant to jump in bed with us to keep us warm..(i'm warning up to THIS...!!)

4) we can hire an immigrant to hold a battery powered clock, and blink his eyes at 12:00

Back