testtest

Extended Mags: XD Service Models (XD9101)

Hex

Alpha
I do wish that for those who own XD service models, Springfield would have extended mags as they do for all other pistols they have. Go from 10, 16, 20, etc.

I have an XD service model ( mod 2 .45 ACP). I like it better than any other plastic gun SA has produced. I have no interest in an extended mag for it though. It’s already 13+1, which seems pretty good capacity for a .45.
I have the XD Mod2 in the 4" and 5" in the 45ACP, as well as the .40 cal in the 4". The .45 is holding strong at 13 rounds as you stated. And I actually really like the Mod2 grip. The .40 holds 12, but I still like it too. But I also have the XDm line and the XDM Elite.

Point I was making is don't expect for a company to make special mags to keep up the new models of pistols. If you want higher capacity for standard issue, then buy that firearm.

One is 40 and the other 9mm, so they are out there. these came with the gun along with the regular mag.

20230116_093040.jpg
20230116_094146.jpg

The XD was the first version Springfield Armory released.
Just buy another gun... 😂

That’s kinda what SA did…each XD variant offered an increase in mag capacity over the previous, at the expense of mag compatibility. Mag compatibility is the single biggest thing Glock got right from the beginning.

The exception to this in the XD lineup is the .45 chambered guns. That is the only caliber in the entire line up that shares the same magazine regardless of XD, XD Mod. 2 and XDM.

I also suspect that is why we have yet to see a full-size XDM Elite in .45. It would be extremely awesome to see a full-size Elite in .45 with a 15+1 (or more) capacity with the same mag tube (just extended) as the original XD .45 mag allowing those with older guns in .45 the ability to bump up capacity with a reliable factory mag.

That’s kinda what SA did…each XD variant offered an increase in mag capacity over the previous, at the expense of mag compatibility. Mag compatibility is the single biggest thing Glock got right from the beginning.

The exception to this in the XD lineup is the .45 chambered guns. That is the only caliber in the entire line up that shares the same magazine regardless of XD, XD Mod. 2 and XDM.

I also suspect that is why we have yet to see a full-size XDM Elite in .45. It would be extremely awesome to see a full-size Elite in .45 with a 15+1 (or more) capacity with the same mag tube (just extended) as the original XD .45 mag allowing those with older guns in .45 the ability to bump up capacity with a reliable factory mag.
When they started in Croatia they were the HS2000. Here is a little history.

As each manufacturer continues to try to be innovative, the newer models come out with different upgrades, some big, some subtle.

Back