testtest

'Fall back' time change potentially bad for health, experts say

BobM

Hellcat
Time changes like today's 2am fall back time change can also have numerous other effects other than the workout changing all the various clocks around someone. This short interesting article explains why some of why these supposedly simple time changes may effect more and likely involve more than the average person may be aware of? There's many other articles and information available elsewhere from various sources to reinforce this articles statements and claims.

Time changes like today's 2am fall back time change can also have numerous other effects other than the workout changing all the various clocks around someone. This short interesting article explains why some of why these supposedly simple time changes may effect more and likely involve more than the average person may be aware of? There's many other articles and information available elsewhere from various sources to reinforce this articles statements and claims.

On clocks too, am guessing the sometimes pokey pointed pests can cause more issues than just changing all of them all twice every year? - Some clocks can be pretty finicky, a royal pain to decipher and difficult changing times, other more simple ones not so much.

I never remember to adjust the clocks ahead of time, so I just changed the four digital clocks we have here, which took about two minutes, and my phone and tv automatically change. When I get in my truck today I'll set that clock back one hour. I will traveling from the Central time zone to the Eastern zone later this morning, and my truck clock automatically adjusts that.

I'm guessing those researchers were recipients of a healthy government grant to do that study. He11, if they wanted real-life comprehensive study about interrupted sleep patterns related to health, and how the body can/does adjust, they need to do a 6 month sea deployment with the 6th Fleet, come home Stateside for three months, then turn-around and redeploy another 6 months after that.

Well, I now see that one of my digital clocks is a minute faster than another one, so I have to go stress-out and correct that. Wish me luck! 😨

this is why all of my wall clocks are "Atomic" clocks :) I only need to reset the microwave and the range.

Might be nice if all clocks were atomic clocks sometimes?
Can't always be a win though, even with some atomic clocks, they need to be reset sometimes by placing by a window if they don't get the right signal for a time change.

Thinking having too many clocks and setting them can be a chore sometimes? Used to know someone who had nothing but numerous clocks of many shapes, sizes and designs covering a whole wall, looked pretty cool. One was even 8' tall. Sounded wild with all the chimes going off all at once! Thankfully, in some ways, they finally took all the batteries out and unplugged some or didn't wind the rest of the clocks. All the the ticking at once could be nerve wracking too!

Last edited:
DST costs consumers 9 million annually.

I don't doubt it! It can be a bit crazy and time consuming too. A little table or wall clock can be fairly easy, but tower clocks or other clocks that have to be rewound, reset or reprogrammed can be time consuming. On some clocks, if set back just by reversing hands or mechanisms, it can actually destroy the mechanism or cause them to be repaired. Easy isn't always so easy sometimes?

I hate going in to work in the dark and coming home in the dark during the late fall and winter, ugh...

I could care less how quickly it gets light in the morning. I am awake and heading to work during school no matter if it gets light one hour after I start or two.

I don't doubt it! It can be a bit crazy and time consuming too. A little table or wall clock can be fairly easy, but tower clocks or other clocks that have to be rewound, reset or reprogrammed can be time consuming. On some clocks, if set back just by reversing hands or mechanisms, it can actually destroy the mechanism or cause them to be repaired. Easy isn't always so easy sometimes?
DST was implemented twice, both during war time. Supposedly to save energy. Turns out the additional cost of heating and water far outweighs the speculated energy savings from lighting.

8E9F0111-1E64-4447-9287-77EB4CCBF1E2.jpeg

Back