testtest

FedEx Are You Kidding Me?

The last three packages being shipped to me using FedEx, 2 by Springfield Armory and the one I’m currently expecting from SafariLand I’ve received estimated delivery dates and times that are totally ridiculous.
The package from SafariLand was shipped ground left Jacksonville Florida at 3:50am this morning, the latest delivery details provided by FedEx said the package was in Calhoun GA. at 3:19pm the ridiculous part is FedEx is still saying it will be delivered today???
Who is figuring out the logistics on these deliveries??

The last three packages being shipped to me using FedEx, 2 by Springfield Armory and the one I’m currently expecting from SafariLand I’ve received estimated delivery dates and times that are totally ridiculous.
The package from SafariLand was shipped ground left Jacksonville Florida at 3:50am this morning, the latest delivery details provided by FedEx said the package was in Calhoun GA. at 3:19pm the ridiculous part is FedEx is still saying it will be delivered today???
Soooooooo are you complaining? If it works then let it be! Same day delivery🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Most likely they are being created by a computer program. Having designed and written a delivery creation and trucking program which created, hopefully, efficient delivery truck loads, routes and scheduling, I can say it's fairly complex and fraught with difficulties.

Quite possibly, due to your reaction and not knowing where you live,, this is unreasonable ly short, and your package has fallen into some type of program trap, or has some, likely transposed data in the routing information.

I fear it is really rather possible, that in either case, your package may be quite late, or become lost completely. Possible, not likely, there are so many oddities to such estimates.

Hope that's very wrong, and it's really just created by a person who has little understanding of distance, and it's just a simple mistake, we can hope :).

Last edited:
Most likely they are being created by a computer program. Having designed and written a delivery creation and trucking program which created, hopefully, efficient delivery truck loads, routes and scheduling, I can say it's fairly complex and fraught with difficulties.

Quite possibly, due to your reaction and not knowing where you live,, this is unreasonable ly short, and your package has fallen into some type of program trap, or has some, likely transposed data in the routing information.

I fear it is really rather possible, that in either case, your package may be quite late, or become lost completely.

Hope that's very wrong, and it's really just created by a person who has little understanding of distance, and it's just a simple mistake, we can hope :).

Very likely programing, going through same issue with FedEx today here too. 2 items ordered same day, approximately same mileage with FedEx being closer. UPS seems to be better, but by looking at either of their recently updated programs, am thinking both places need improvement lately by the lame update info received. - Updates used to be fairly accurate before. UPS was on time with regular shipping today, FedEx priority said a day earlier than initially stated and am not thinking they're going to make it.

I live in OKC and we have for the last few weeks been seeing fedex deliveries by people driving what appear to be personal vehicles. I work from home and have to inspect my fedex packages immediately because the poor condition. I do paint correction and ceramic paint coatings and almost everything I use comes from either Miami or Chicago And I unfortunately dont have a choice on delivery.

So basically what I was trying to say is in my part of the world fedex sucks. Hope that wasnt too offensive. Several years ago I got a package that had been reboxed. There were two empty bottles in the box without the sprayers. Also was a very expensive FLEX polisher. Turns out fedex smashed the box the chemicals leaked and ruined the polisher. Thing was the company I purchase from uses tape with their logo so it was immediately obvious what had happened. Fortunately the detail supply dealt with them.

So basically what I was trying to say is in my part of the world fedex sucks. Hope that wasnt too offensive. Several years ago I got a package that had been reboxed. There were two empty bottles in the box without the sprayers. Also was a very expensive FLEX polisher. Turns out fedex smashed the box the chemicals leaked and ruined the polisher. Thing was the company I purchase from uses tape with their logo so it was immediately obvious what had happened. Fortunately the detail supply dealt with them.
Well I just looked and the FedEx site now says delivery pending, I guess someone came to the realization that that they weren’t going to make it from Georgia to Louisville by today.
Don’t get me wrong I’m sure figuring out the logistics of hundreds of thousands of package deliveries every day is daunting but I’d rather be told 5 day delivery and get it in 4 days then told 1 day and get in 6.

One of my brothers and I were recently talking about this. I've found that 95% of anything I order that originates in California will not be delivered on time if fedex is the one doing the delivering. I had ordered a Jackery 1500 solar generator, and on a day I had been out of town the entire day, came home late on that very rainy day and found it sitting near the bottom step leading up to my porch. I guess going up those 4 steps to set it by the door was a bit too much for them. Thankfully, the rain was blowing from the opposite side of the house, and the combination of the eave of the roof (and the house) kept the rain from directly hitting the box. I used to prefer fedex over ups, but have changed that preference during the past year.

One of my brothers and I were recently talking about this. I've found that 95% of anything I order that originates in California will not be delivered on time if fedex is the one doing the delivering. I had ordered a Jackery 1500 solar generator, and on a day I had been out of town the entire day, came home late on that very rainy day and found it sitting near the bottom step leading up to my porch. I guess going up those 4 steps to set it by the door was a bit too much for them. Thankfully, the rain was blowing from the opposite side of the house, and the combination of the eave of the roof (and the house) kept the rain from directly hitting the box. I used to prefer fedex over ups, but have changed that preference during the past year.
I agree, I ship UPS but unfortunately don’t have a way of insisting shippers use UPS. USPS is worse, I remember last year shipping something from Kentucky to Texas using the postal service, delivery took 5 weeks.

I agree, I ship UPS but unfortunately don’t have a way of insisting shippers use UPS. USPS is worse, I remember last year shipping something from Kentucky to Texas using the postal service, delivery took 5 weeks.
Understand fully. Next time you're by your local post office, look and more than likely you'll see that they probably have a banner/sign displayed that they're currently hiring. They can't get workers (actual mail carriers) either, and are overloaded. One of my siblings has been a mail carrier for almost 20 yrs, and currently has 700+ addresses to deliver to on their daily route.

Never ship USPS unless no other way.

For the volume/variety/handling/destinations the performance of both UPS/FEDEX to me is near miraculous; and already in the "holiday" crunch. All things considered, does not seem the damage/delay/delivery of either company is too bad.

Local to me, looks like this is where the porch pirates disposed of everything.

Local to me, looks like this is where the porch pirates disposed of everything.

Rogue employee? That a huge haul for the Pirates, if that is who it was. Sounds as if the packages were not intentionally opened? The follow up should be interesting.........

I ordered a grip from Wilson Combat on Saturday via UPS. Late Monday I get a shipped motivation along with a Friday “estimated” delivery date. Today I get a message saying the delivery date will be confirmed later in the day, which really made sense considering Thanksgiving. Then, like and behold, the package shows up this afternoon! Go figure. Fortunately, I have only had one or two packages go properly missing over the last several years.

Yep ... FedEx delivery estimating needs an overhaul. I had a package from SA that had a Tuesday delivery estimate to Western PA when shipped on a Friday. On Saturday, it reported it was delayed south of Chicago somewhere. It remained delayed until around 10 AM on Monday when it showed up just across the border in Ohio starting it was out for delivery ... a day early.

It's pretty much the same crazy scenarios for all their estimates, all over the place. You'll get it when you get it, and not before!

Well I just looked and the FedEx site now says delivery pending, I guess someone came to the realization that that they weren’t going to make it from Georgia to Louisville by today.
Don’t get me wrong I’m sure figuring out the logistics of hundreds of thousands of package deliveries every day is daunting but I’d rather be told 5 day delivery and get it in 4 days then told 1 day and get in 6.
take solace in knowing, that i too get updates and promises of deliveries from FedUp.

the shipper (whom i buy from) many times does not offer shipping choices, especially when i go over x amount and get that shipping for free.

so my hands are tied in who delivers.

then, other shippers just do not have any other shipping company other than FedUp, maybe sometimes USPS, and like man, they aint no fricking better..

even my shooting buddy, my MAILMAN, is disgusted with his employer, cuz he gets chewed out

i'll get the "A-typical" email from FedUp, that i'll get my stuff on x day.

only to see when i track, it's in "Bumtown Siberia".

like WTF...??

eventually, i get my stuff, sometimes only 1 day later.....rarely more than 2 days later.

of course....."covid is to blame"......

I had ordered (from Amazon) a suspension seat post for my bike, and in ordering found that they were made in and shipped from the UK., and I rec'd it within 5 days. The detailed tracking info included it going through customs when it arrived stateside. The entire shipping, handling and delivery was through DHL. 👍

take solace in knowing, that i too get updates and promises of deliveries from FedUp.

the shipper (whom i buy from) many times does not offer shipping choices, especially when i go over x amount and get that shipping for free.

so my hands are tied in who delivers.

then, other shippers just do not have any other shipping company other than FedUp, maybe sometimes USPS, and like man, they aint no fricking better..

even my shooting buddy, my MAILMAN, is disgusted with his employer, cuz he gets chewed out

i'll get the "A-typical" email from FedUp, that i'll get my stuff on x day.

only to see when i track, it's in "Bumtown Siberia".

like WTF...??

eventually, i get my stuff, sometimes only 1 day later.....rarely more than 2 days later.

of course....."covid is to blame"......
So tired of the “Covid” excuse.

I had ordered (from Amazon) a suspension seat post for my bike, and in ordering found that they were made in and shipped from the UK., and I rec'd it within 5 days. The detailed tracking info included it going through customs when it arrived stateside. The entire shipping, handling and delivery was through DHL. 👍
My wife has friends in a small town in Indonesia. DHL does a fantastic job of estimating and updating packages going both ways. You get everything and its accurate. Its kind of funny though, once the package arrives in Indonesia on their island it has to fly out to Malaysia for customs and then fly back. DHL apologized for it taking 5 days from western PA to their mail drop in Indonesia because of Covid slowdowns in other countries around the world.

Back