testtest

Fell down the Springfield rabbit hole......

We've been very fortunate here. My favorite LGS has had pallets of ammo during this entire pandemic. 9mm, 10mm, 556, 308, AK ammo, 45, and after a short drought 22LR. Prices went up pretty high for awhile, but they've dropped back down a bit to a more "manageable" price.

Hey yall, new member here! Earlier this year, after drooling over a Hellcat for several months, I decided to purchase one as my new EDC. Previously I was carrying a M&P9 2.0 subcompact and before that a Glock 19. The Glock was sold off to finance the M&P, as I had owned one of the first gen M&Ps and enjoyed it. Although a good, reliable carry gun, I had to work my but off to shoot the thing to "my" standard. This was something I had never before experienced with any other handgun, although it was the smallest carry gun I had ever owned. Just so happens that my wife shoots better than almost any other gun I hand her, so with that I began my search for a new carry gun.

As I said before, I had drooled over the Hellcat months prior to purchasing one, and absolutely loved the sight setup. I have now owned one for approximately eight months. I have literally carried it everywhere in an awesome Tulster holster (my favorite carry holster yet; also carried the M&P subcompact in one). It carries amazingly well, as one would expect. I was a bit concerned about the recoil due to it being a smaller gun, but for whatever reason, felt recoil is the same as the larger M&P subcompact. To top it off, I shoot it just as well as my larger handguns. The trigger is phenomenal for a striker fired gun, with a good, crisp and short reset. Saying that I LOVE the Hellcat would be an understatement.

After such good experience with the Hellcat as well as a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 I purchased last year, I decided to give the XD series a go. I have owned several Glocks, several M&Ps, and a Sig P320 over the past decade. I absolutely loved the Sig, but it would not reliably feed steel cased ammo (which Sig itself does not recommend with their firearms). The Glocks and M&Ps I had would run steel case no problemo. I set my eyes on the XDM Elite 3.8 9mm, which I have now owned for approximately six months. It is definitely one of the best striker fired handguns I have ever owned. The flat face trigger is crisp with a short reset like the Hellcat (maybe not quite as crisp but close). The controls are easy to manipulate and the factory magwell was a really nice touch. The gun has a very good, tough finish. XDM Elite magazines are some of the best factory mags I have ever seen. Lastly, the manufacturer (which I know is HS Produkt) actually marks the front and rear sight dovetails as a guide for lining replacement sights up perfectly. I have changed the sights out to Night Fision with a green/yellow front and blacked out tritium U notch rear....which mimics the Hellcat sights.

I now have approximately five hundred rounds through both the Hellcat and XDM Elite each with any issues. Both guns simply run and are easy to shoot well. Saying all this, I have yet another XDM Elite, this time a 4.5 9mm, now on the way to my FFL. I will do a full range report with all three guns after it arrives. I apologize in advance for the long post! Does anyone else enjoy their Hellcats/XDMs as much as I do?
Welcome the forum. The hole is a deep one so be prepared.

Welcome to the forum, been a Springfield fan for many moons, I started out with one of there first guns, the 1911 back when it came in white and blue cardboard box, 1911-A1 like the pic below.

View attachment 22576
After purchasing a couple new Springfield handguns recently I was thinking about their packaging on how they’ve gone back to the cardboard box, I remember when I first started buying SA handguns and they came in the large plastic cases filled with foam and plastic holster’s and mag pouches.
Now they include a nice gun bag for range day.

Welcome the forum. The hole is a deep one so be prepared.
1638289666135.gif

Back