testtest

Felon caught selling guns on Facebook less than a month after jail release

Wonder how many guns he sold before he got caught ?? Where was he getting these firearms to sell ?? Why was he released back into the community - ‘good behavior’? I must not be smart enough cuz I can’t answer the biggest — why do we let criminals go on doing stuff like this ?? We must be dumbasses too.
Well, there ya' go!!! Who do we continue to elect as our leaders ... over, and over, and over again!

Seems anymore that few sentences are "long enough". I've often considered that to be a real 'deterrent', it has to be bad enough to actually 'deter'. Otherwise all it does is prohibit a 2nd offender.
You want deterrent? Dump the "corrections" idea and go back to prisons. Punishment along with a smattering of "rehabilitation". I actually had an inmate disgustedly tell me was "about sick of this place". "About" mind you. I stood there glassy eyed with my mouth open, and my brain locked on THAT'S THE BLEEPING POINT! o_O

This should be illegal! There should be a law against this! He should go to jail so he’ll learn his lesson.
And i’m barred from having a flash hider on an AR? Bizarro world
Recognizing the sarcasm:

It is 'illegal' in every sense of the word. FB actually has a policy against it and as a convicted felon it's also against the law for him to even be in possession of a firearm. Well then why on earth was he so bold as to go on marketplace FB and try to sell guns? Obviously he was not deterred by anyone's sentence who went to jail before him.

It's called deterrence people. DETERRENCE! Which also should include a healthy dose of punishment along with it.

OK, rant over.

Recognizing the sarcasm:

It is 'illegal' in every sense of the word. FB actually has a policy against it and as a convicted felon it's also against the law for him to even be in possession of a firearm. Well then why on earth was he so bold as to go on marketplace FB and try to sell guns? Obviously he was not deterred by anyone's sentence who went to jail before him.

It's called deterrence people. DETERRENCE! Which also should include a healthy dose of punishment along with it.

OK, rant over.
Yup. I tend to exhibit sarcasm with a hint of snark every now and again.

With all the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth about reducing violent crime by those in power, those in a position to do so could start by keeping felons, such as this one, incarcerated for a much longer period of time. More aggressive prosecution along with stiffer sentences for violent criminals could start the ball rolling, and possibly snowball into something that actually works. Oops! Sorry all! I guess I was having another one of my common sense dreams. Wish those were communicable to those in power though..

A repeat felon was only out of jail for 25 days before police caught him selling guns on Facebook.
Deshawn Washington, 22, of Indianapolis will serve 27 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to illegal possession of firearms by a felon.
Washington isn’t permitted to own guns due to being previously convicted of multiple felonies including possession of a machine gun.

Looks like the previous sentences weren't long enough.

It may have been presumptive to assume he owned the firearms he was selling.

Back