testtest

Fight Club Was Wrong: Use This To Make Your Soap

Thanks for sharing. A good soap or beard wash is hard to come by; I have tried several the past few years. Duke Cannon has good bang for the buck with 10 oz bricks but their shampoo dries out my beard. Dr Squatch is just too expensive; no value there. Bossman has a great bar that cleans and conditions without making my beard or hair dry but again it’s pricey. From what I can tell Argan oil is the key ingredient I need to manage my Wookiee coiffure. I might have a found a new hobby.

i used to see a dump truck, that would be in my neighborhood, stop at the various meat stores, picking up the animal fats. i asked the driver once, if it was going to the dump, he said, no, they make soap out if it..

i was very young back then, so i thought it was gross.

we have a soap factory up here, http://www.bradfordsoap.com/ and again, a long time ago, another dump truck was dropping off the animal fats. For a while Bradford made, "Oil of Olay" don;t know if they still do, and they also made that fancy soaps you'd keep in a jar, to make the bathroom look pretty.

I usually buy soap from one of the vendors I buy shaving soap from. Usually Sudsy Soapery here in STL. A lot of the shave soap guys have switched to vegan formulas. I quit buying from the ones who did. Tallow is much better soap. One of my favorites was an Austrian company called Haslingers. I preferred their Schafmilch ( Sheep's milk). They switched to a vegan formula and it's not nearly as good.

I usually buy soap from one of the vendors I buy shaving soap from. Usually Sudsy Soapery here in STL. A lot of the shave soap guys have switched to vegan formulas. I quit buying from the ones who did. Tallow is much better soap. One of my favorites was an Austrian company called Haslingers. I preferred their Schafmilch ( Sheep's milk). They switched to a vegan formula and it's not nearly as good.
Amish around here also make a variety of soap they sell from time to time. Haven't seen it in a while though.
Usually good stuff made from natural ingredients. $1. bar.

Thanks for sharing. A good soap or beard wash is hard to come by; I have tried several the past few years. Duke Cannon has good bang for the buck with 10 oz bricks but their shampoo dries out my beard. Dr Squatch is just too expensive; no value there. Bossman has a great bar that cleans and conditions without making my beard or hair dry but again it’s pricey. From what I can tell Argan oil is the key ingredient I need to manage my Wookiee coiffure. I might have a found a new hobby.

Dr. Squatch is actually decent soap, but I agree it's a bit pricey. Gotta buy it in small bundles when it's on sale. Last order was $38 for 8 bars. Just wish the bars lasted a bit longer.

I remember having to bite down on a bar of brown lye soap several times. Looking at those homemade bars conjures up some bad memories.

1640883979699.png

Back