testtest

FIGURING OUT THE "TACTICAL ADVANTAGE"

7780EA35-F6D7-4DBD-BE4E-B694BC7619DC.gif

Never a soft target……

In an urban enviroment.In which I lived most of my adult life.I believe there is much to be said for "looking the part".Or,don't look like a victim The way you look or carry yourself says a lot to people about you.Hard to explain but there are many of you out there who know what Im talking about.Scum can sense & smell fear.Like all animals.After I got my dd214.I would on occasion.Ride the subways in Chicago at night(1968,not today) and just sit.you could just feel the humanity sizing you up.should I or maybe not.

The interesting corollary to the "never look like a soft target" wisdom (and I truly believe it is) is that in some cultures, appearing "too hard" can be taken as a challenge, and instigate a confrontation with potentially a higher-order predator or just someone who is out to prove themselves for whatever reason.

The deselection/interview-failure process is a very interesting one, and while I truly believe that it can -to an extent- be taught, those who were raised and/or have lived for prolonged periods in such environments tend to be able to do so instinctively.

The interesting corollary to the "never look like a soft target" wisdom (and I truly believe it is) is that in some cultures, appearing "too hard" can be taken as a challenge, and instigate a confrontation with potentially a higher-order predator or just someone who is out to prove themselves for whatever reason.

The deselection/interview-failure process is a very interesting one, and while I truly believe that it can -to an extent- be taught, those who were raised and/or have lived for prolonged periods in such environments tend to be able to do so instinctively.
This is good stuff ! With my personal history.Along with the help of several (many ? ) long talks with good people. My youth as an orphan Chicago street urchin.Plus my time in the Marines.I was presented with a theory as to my survival.Known as R/Complex.It seemed to fit the bill & explained a lot.Not just about my issues but those of many others.Im not highly educated so some of it is difficult to comprehend,but I get it.It would seem the R/Complex portion of my brain is more active then in others.Just sayin :)

Back