testtest

Finally got my CCL.

Nice! Welcome to the fold. I recommend getting a holster with a wing or claw (same thing). And watch for lead times. Many are a month+.

I have carried a pistol every day for 53 years. OMG, can it be that long? I have owned countless holsters-when we itemized deductions there were at least 3-4 holsters on the form every year. I do not care for IWB holsters but that is a matter of personal preference. Of all the holsters I have owned, Tucker Gunleather is the best leather, and the Blackpoint Tactical Leather Wing is the best kydex I have carried. Some Blackpoint Tactical holsters are available on Amazon. On Point holsters is also a good kydex holster, from a small veteran owned business. Good luck in your search. And train with whatever you choose.

Crossbreed, MTR Leather, Exarchy Holsters, Versa Carry, 1791, We the People (both kydex and leather), Bravo Concealment, Crucial Concealment, DeSantis are some of the brands I own and still searching.

Crossbreed, MTR Leather are my favorite all day IWB
Bravo Concealment and We the People Independence Leather favorite all day OWB

Buy plenty of storage boxes 🤣
BTW congrats on the license

Hi @Wirenut,

Congratulations on being able to carry more tools to protect yourself and your loved ones. Yes, holsters are very trial-and-error but you'll find what works best for you even if it takes a few tries. 😉

I have only one suggestion, muzzle pads for your kydex IWB. It makes a big difference in comfort.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Congratulations, if it takes a while to feel comfortable and less self conscious that's pretty normal. I have heard it Said that concealed carry should be comforting not always comfortable. But with a good belt and the right holster there is no reason it cannot be both.

I like Black Hills leather products as a first choice. Due to long wait times the past few years I have tried a new brand Stoner, and been very pleased with the holsters, low price and short wait times for a handmade product.

20220415_095900.jpg

Last edited:
Did the belt loops come like that or did you open them up?

I always end up opening up the belt loops on the holsters I get because of the belt I use, if I don’t I find it pinches the holster closed around the gun and doesn’t allow for a clean draw.
Not that I have issues with belt loops, but my Alien Gear IWB... Some of those are just impossible for me to get a clean draw. Same belt, similar tension, no issues with my IWB Kydex.

Back