testtest

Firearms manufacture customer service

Belt Fed

Hellcat
Which one have you used and were they good, everyone talks about how good Springfield armory CS is, but i wouldn't know. never need them. never had a problem with any SA gun.

Had to call Sig one time over a pellet gun, never could get a response but then this one guy went above and beyond what he had to do. awesome what he did to solve my problem. i sent two pistols in for the 320 rebuild and they were really nice and did it qiuck.

Had to call Ruger one time and they were good.

Had to call Berretta one or two times and they absolutely sucked. no response or anyone that even cared.

Called Smith and Wesson and Bersa with minor problems. they were good and took care of everything.

i have had very good experience with Kimber. They answer the phone, take care of the problem. Turn around time is very good, too

And honestly, Hi Point has some of the best customer service in the business. It can be hard to get them on the phone, but if you get ahold of them first thing in the morning, they will take care of you

Which one have you used and were they good, everyone talks about how good Springfield armory CS is, but i wouldn't know. never need them. never had a problem with any SA gun.

Had to call Sig one time over a pellet gun, never could get a response but then this one guy went above and beyond what he had to do. awesome what he did to solve my problem. i sent two pistols in for the 320 rebuild and they were really nice and did it qiuck.

Had to call Ruger one time and they were good.

Had to call Berretta one or two times and they absolutely sucked. no response or anyone that even cared.

Called Smith and Wesson and Bersa with minor problems. they were good and took care of everything.
in order of need...

1) Canik (Century Arms)

2) Kimber

Century Arms, you email them, they DO get back to you in a day or 2.

Kimber, you call, and they answer the phone

both companies very good customer service.

no other companies at this time.

Springfield and Walther are at the top of my list. I've sent guns to both for repair. Communication was excellent, the people friendly and in both cases the guns were fixed and back in my hands in 8 days. (y)
Its been quite a few years, but I've dealt with S&W, Colt and Ruger. They do good work, but it takes many months to get the gun back and they really don't seem to care. (n)

On firearm aspects I've had the luck of the draw on getting everyone that didn't need to be returned for repair. However, Berger fixed me up ad they printed wrong reloading I fo o 223rem w/90gr bullets. Seating depth was was short (.150 - .200"). I bought their bullets based onload info if 2.260" 5 boxes from MidwayUsa (not their fault). Calked Berger, they answered 1st time and did an even trade and paid postage both ways.

Glock, they fixed a 10 year old Gen 3 when I was getting brass to the face. Replaced just about everything on slide with exception of sights. Fast, friendly and not a penny paid.
HK , my only experience with them so far was the $200 gear promo. There was an issue when uploading copy of receipt. They had it taken care of in less than a 2 minute phone call. I got my code that night, ordered mags and had them Within 3 days of firearm purchase.
SA, not to much to call in on, they were responsive in a timely manner. no complaints.

I have only firearms from two manufacturers being Smith&Wesson and Springfield Armory and I have never had to send in any firearms for service.
My only dealing with customer service has been when I bought my Springfield Range Officer Operator, the mags looked like they were drug behind a truck and then put in the box.
It only took one e-mail with pics and I had two mags in the mail.
IMG_20171223_140128860.jpg

My experience with Kimber has been well stated here several times, worst CS I have ever dealt with….only other manufacturer I delt with was Sig, over my free magazine that I was supposed to get with my M17, online form didn’t work so I called them up, very fast and friendly CS, had my mag the next day, shipped it over night for me, can’t beat that

I had an issue with a Sig 322 (light strikes). Called customer service, got an RMA and mailed it on a Friday. Had it back in hand, fixed correctly the followingThursday morning👍. Had an issue with my EMP (light strike). Called the mothership-RMA. Got it back in 2 weeks-new mainspring and it’s perfect👍

Years ago bought a new Kimber Solo. Countless FTF/FTE’s. Would not make it through two mags without hanging up. Back to Kimber twice-both times was gone for literally months. Both times came back with the identical issues. Fired more than 400 rds of wide variety of ammo/bullet weights through the pistol and never, one time saw 14 rounds without a stoppage☹️. Dumped that POS for a Sig 938 and have had ZERO issues in more than 1200 rds.

Had a Keltec P3AT. Liked to stovepipe. Better than the Kimber but still a stoppage or two every box. Back to KT twice. Good turnaround (2-3 weeks) but never corrected the problem. Eventually gave up and got rid of it.

Ruger new Super Blackhawk jettisoned it’s front sight on 4th round fired. Back to Ruger. Returned in 8 days-new sight assembly. Worked great ever since.

That’s my total experience with warranty issues,

I've not had complaints, but I have used Sig CS numerous times through threw the years. (refinishing and etc)
It was always a great experience.
Last year I bought an FN New High Power, it came from an online seller. Someone had helped himself
to one of the magazines. I called FN CS and had my second magazine within two days.

I just got off the phone with Sig, i tried to register the two legions i bought for the free case and coin. i did so and only got one confirmation number to order one bag. somebody answered the phone within 2 minutes and they had me the other one ordered in no time. great CS from them this morning. A+
Yeah, they must be having an issue registering the legions recently. I bought the P226 XFive Legion February 1st, and registered for warranty, bag & coin and never got the confirmation email to be able to order. I called, and after on hold (probably 15-20 minutes), reached a Rep and she confirmed my information (registration took, I just didn't get the Confirmation email). She did the order for bag & coin, got an email with the invoice and day later it was shipped with FedEx #. Got the items like 2 days later.

Beside the Sig legion call I mentioned prior, I called a few manufacturers and for the most part, never had any real issues.
Sig P320 VUP: Called, got RMR, sent back 4 P320s (9mm, 357 Sig, 40, &45), and 40 xChange subcompact slide. Turn around total was 1 week.
Ruger MKIV pistols: Called, got RMR, sent in 2 MKIV frames. Turn around total was 1 week and they sent back 2 additional mags with the corrected frames.
S&W MP15-22 Safety recall: Called, spoke with rep about bolt face problem, requested plastic tool to do the check myself (other option was to send rifle back to them), tool came in a couple of days, check revealed my rifle didn't have the issue.
Glock G19 Gen 4: Call and spoke to Glock tech thinking I might be having the recalled recoil spring issue. Verified my spring was the newer corrected spring and he gave me advice to shoot 124 gr to break the pistol in more.
Beretta M1a1 free optics plate, and M4a1 free optics plate and 2 free mags with FDE base plate. The gave me a code right away for the M1a1 to order the plate no charge. For the M4a1, they had a piece of paper that came with the gun that said when registered, they'd send me the code for the items. This was during the supply chain issues, I waited a month or two and never got the email code. I emailed them and they sent me the code for the plate and said the mags were first come first served so no timeline given. Plate (like the M1a1), came a few days after order. When asked for a ballpark date on the mags, I got the code and got them a few days after I ordered them, all were no charge.
Yankee Hill Machine: I called them after I bought a special build 300 blk at a gun show that had a YHM hand-guard that was listed as discontinued. I wanted some pic rail attachments for their propitiatory hand-guard attachment points. Man this guy was helpful, telling me not only the rails to order from them, but how they ran a batch of hand-guards on their CNC machines before switching to make other models. They would mark the ones just done as discontinued, but they'd be available again if another run was produced. He was very helpful.
FN: I need to send in my FNS 9c due to recall and will probably do this through my LGS. I haven't called yet for RMR, so hopefully no issues will arise.
PTR: I recently bought the 51p (PTR 91 308 pistol), and it was extremely hard to rack, the racking lever would also stick making it difficult to pull down to get my hand around the level to even allow racking. LGS said it was normal and needed to be broken in (several tried racking it). They offered to send it back in with my concerns which I took them up on. PTR had it for 8 weeks, but when I got it back with the list on what they did, it was impressive and easy to rack. I am very happy with the work they did on the firearm.

in order of need...

1) Canik (Century Arms)

2) Kimber

Century Arms, you email them, they DO get back to you in a day or 2.

Kimber, you call, and they answer the phone

both companies very good customer service.

no other companies at this time.
A long while back had to send my SR22 in to Ruger for a broken takedown lever. Fast on the phone, immediate email with RMA number and fast return to me. Fantastic!

Canik (Century Arms) is another whole story. I had a M01 red dot that won't shake awake after 1 year. On Nov 16, 2023 I talked to them, got an immediate RMA number for a new one. They received my damaged one 2 days later but has still not sent the replacement. Last time I contacted them (about 6 weeks ago) I was told no problem, it's in the mailroom as we speak! I really find that hard to believe!
EDIT - They always take 2 days to respond to emails.

With SA CS I have found emails rarely get the answers I was looking for, if answered at all. On the phone I've not been able to get answers or resolutions to anything technical in the least, generally it's they don't know and I can't talked to anyone that does.

Last edited:
Back