testtest

First Look: Canik SFx Rival-S

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Canik Rival now comes in a steel frame version, verdict is still out for me on there guns, some like them, but some here on forum had something that they didn’t like, can’t remember

i loved my 2 Caniks, that is until i needed parts, then it was a nightmare. seems like all other guns made in other countries, parts are available, even the Girsan that is also made in Turkey as the Canik, you can get parts.

great shooters, great triggers out of the box..

just don't need factory parts, and frankly i hadn't seen too many after market parts available, other than triggers.

save your money, buy a Glock, more available parts that Carter has liver pills.

Canik Rival now comes in a steel frame version, verdict is still out for me on there guns, some like them, but some here on forum had something that they didn’t like, can’t remember

I recently purchased the Canik METE and it is really a nice shooting gun with an exceptional trigger. The case it came with included a lot of stuff you don’t see with other gun manufacturers. I have about 500 rounds through it with no issues at all. For the price I paid for it at a local gun show the METE was a really good buy

Two months back I purchased Canik Rival dark side. Put Venom RD and zero with 124gr. Norma ammo. At 15 yds. tight group; 15 yds. 115 also tight, but 150 Syntech half dollar spread. Rival use for IDPA two matches so far. Been using Glocks for past nine years. What sold me on Rival was the trigger: smooth as butter.
Do I need an all steel for competition? Yes!!! One life to live why not enjoy it with the best shooter and have fun.

I have two of the plastic rivals and they are really accurate guns.

20220825_140343.jpg

20220701_151427.jpg

I recently purchased the Canik METE and it is really a nice shooting gun with an exceptional trigger. The case it came with included a lot of stuff you don’t see with other gun manufacturers. I have about 500 rounds through it with no issues at all. For the price I paid for it at a local gun show the METE was a really good buy
i had the very same Canik, but try and get additional mags for it. they get in stock, and fly off the shelves super quick.

so i dumped it due to that, and my states magazine ban, and the lack of a "mag block" device at the time.

i don't see myself getting an other one, due to the scarcity of parts.

get additional mags for it.
I bought 3 Caniks when they run a special like the gear up promotion. you got three extra mags. think it took four weeks to get them. I just went to the Canik site and they have all the mete mags except the 10 round. i imagine with all the new laws being passed 10 round mags are selling like crazy and not just for Canik.

I bought 3 Caniks when they run a special like the gear up promotion. you got three extra mags. think it took four weeks to get them. I just went to the Canik site and they have all the mete mags except the 10 round. i imagine with all the new laws being passed 10 round mags are selling like crazy and not just for Canik.
and THAT was the problem/issue, NO 10 round mags, not even ANY of the online retailers i buy from

i "could have" taken 1 of the mags, like the 17 round one, and figured a way to epoxy it for 10 rounds....but why bother, even though i have more time on my hands, than God has Apostles.

easier to just dump the Canik

and THAT was the problem/issue, NO 10 round mags, not even ANY of the online retailers i buy from

i "could have" taken 1 of the mags, like the 17 round one, and figured a way to epoxy it for 10 rounds....but why bother, even though i have more time on my hands, than God has Apostles.

easier to just dump the Canik
They come with two mags. The magazine situation may improve in the future. It's obviously your prerogative to do what works for you, but I don't understand the rush to "dump" yours. I was able to find plenty of mags locally. Stock goes up and down, but it hasn't been an issue. My SFX isn't going anywhere.

i loved my 2 Caniks, that is until i needed parts, then it was a nightmare. seems like all other guns made in other countries, parts are available, even the Girsan that is also made in Turkey as the Canik, you can get parts.

great shooters, great triggers out of the box..

just don't need factory parts, and frankly i hadn't seen too many after market parts available, other than triggers.

save your money, buy a Glock, more available parts that Carter has liver pills.
Sane advice here, I try to make sure I’m buying firearms with a distributor/warehouse/manufacturing facility in the states. I have a real fondness for the Tanfoglio’s (excellent firearms) but parts can be a bear to find.

I recently picked up a S&W Competitor just because I wanted it..and always had M&Ps in the past. It’s a nice pistol.
I just put in an Overwatch trigger and comp sear in it. The factory take up was a mile long. With the new kit, the trigger is very, very close to the Canik Rival S out of the box. Better take up, better break and nicer reset, lowered the trigger weight from 5 to 3.5lb. 3 to 3.5 is right where I like my range toys.
At the LGS/Range yesterday, I handled the Canik S… I gotta say, for the price and all it comes with, had my LGS store had it in stock when I got my Smith, I would’ve came home with the Canik instead. The feel in the hand, the weight, the factory trigger…. is amazing. Although my Prodigy is quickly becoming my go to recently, If the LGS still has the Canik S in the case tomorrow, I think it’ll be coming home with me. It’s the blackout Version, the Chrome is very nice..but a little much for me.

The Canik S is honestly, the nicest feeling pistol I put my XXL paws on in a long time. My LGS also has 20 round mags in stock… the Smith comes with 4 mags, which I thought was a nice bonus. I’m thinking of thinning my herd a bit to make room for the Canik, I was that impressed by feel, looks, trigger and value.

I recently picked up a S&W Competitor just because I wanted it..and always had M&Ps in the past. It’s a nice pistol.
I just put in an Overwatch trigger and comp sear in it. The factory take up was a mile long. With the new kit, the trigger is very, very close to the Canik Rival S out of the box. Better take up, better break and nicer reset, lowered the trigger weight from 5 to 3.5lb. 3 to 3.5 is right where I like my range toys.
At the LGS/Range yesterday, I handled the Canik S… I gotta say, for the price and all it comes with, had my LGS store had it in stock when I got my Smith, I would’ve came home with the Canik instead. The feel in the hand, the weight, the factory trigger…. is amazing. Although my Prodigy is quickly becoming my go to recently, If the LGS still has the Canik S in the case tomorrow, I think it’ll be coming home with me. It’s the blackout Version, the Chrome is very nice..but a little much for me.

The Canik S is honestly, the nicest feeling pistol I put my XXL paws on in a long time. My LGS also has 20 round mags in stock… the Smith comes with 4 mags, which I thought was a nice bonus. I’m thinking of thinning my herd a bit to make room for the Canik, I was that impressed by feel, looks, trigger and value.
Our LGS had one yesterday, snuck in while running errands. If I only had the money I would of walked out with it.

Only issue is the slight release is just a smidge out of place for my thumb. But that factory trigger made me fall in love.

Went home, dry fire my wife’s PDP compact and cried a little 😂

Back