testtest

First Look: Canik SFx Rival-S

I appreciate your kinda giving me the lay of the land. While I think everyone is entitled to his or her opinion being mean spirited isn't very cool. I don't have thin skin, I'm just old fart somewhat set in his ways. Thanks
Wait … on second thought, if you’re an old fart set in your ways, …….
Shouldnt you ….
Be shooting ….

……… a 1911 !!!!🤪

1705549032249.gif

Doesn’t change origin or point.... like complaining about capitalism while sipping a Starbucks and tweeting from an iPhone (courtesey of Tom MacDonald)
Does change the point. You have no option. If you want to post on this forum or in any way use a cell phone you will have to have a Chinese phone. There are no other options.
Unless you are intimating that people who dislike guns from any specific country are being hypocritical if they have a phone or a tv or a garage door opener or a door bell, alarm system, camera or nearly anything made out of steel.

Are people not allowed to support or not support whatever countries they choose ?

Does change the point. You have no option. If you want to post on this forum or in any way use a cell phone you will have to have a Chinese phone. There are no other options.
Unless you are intimating that people who dislike guns from any specific country are being hypocritical if they have a phone or a tv or a garage door opener or a door bell, alarm system, camera or nearly anything made out of steel.

Are people not allowed to support or not support whatever countries they choose ?
Beyond a stretch…
And sorry Bob, you missed not only the point, but the overall conversation.

Please draw the parallel where I even remotely suggested anything about people disliking guns or people not allowed to support whatever country they choose.

A poster made mention of a Turkish gun. Clearly, a bias against Turkey. Do we agree?
It is beyond safe to say there is a bias amongst some…to China. For politics, cheap labor, cheaply made products, copied products, etc. Do we agree?

Choice or not posting on a forum is not the point. Point is, while many of us complain about China, for reasons listed, we still use their product. You want to narrow it down to “being able to post on a forum, etc”.
Which…is another choice.
My point is this… our biases and personal choices are that. Until they conflict with our personal choices…and “needs”.
Then it’s thrown out the window.

You’re putting words in my mouth with no basis.

nowhere, nowhere did I say anyone isn’t allowed to support whatever country, product, choice they make. Nowhere.
My point…we all have our own biases or opinions…which change based upon our so called needs.

Beyond a stretch…
And sorry Bob, you missed not only the point, but the overall conversation.

Please draw the parallel where I even remotely suggested anything about people disliking guns or people not allowed to support whatever country they choose.

A poster made mention of a Turkish gun. Clearly, a bias against Turkey. Do we agree?
It is beyond safe to say there is a bias amongst some…to China. For politics, cheap labor, cheaply made products, copied products, etc. Do we agree?

Choice or not posting on a forum is not the point. Point is, while many of us complain about China, for reasons listed, we still use their product. You want to narrow it down to “being able to post on a forum, etc”.
Which…is another choice.
My point is this… our biases and personal choices are that. Until they conflict with our personal choices…and “needs”.
Then it’s thrown out the window.

You’re putting words in my mouth with no basis.

nowhere, nowhere did I say anyone isn’t allowed to support whatever country, product, choice they make. Nowhere.
My point…we all have our own biases or opinions…which change based upon our so called needs.
My post is not about the Turkish people. Its about junk guns from Turkey as you so keenly observed early on. There are junk guns made in USA, other countries and Turkey. I happen to have a disdain for Turkish firearms that has been noted since day one of this forum forming.
Others may love and do love their Turkish firearms.
I’m not one of them

My post is not about the Turkish people. Its about junk guns from Turkey as you so keenly observed early on. There are junk guns made in USA, other countries and Turkey. I happen to have a disdain for Turkish firearms that has been noted since day one of this forum forming.
I’m not one of them
Zero issue with that. Your opinion…totally!!
My post wasn’t about “people” either.
It was about products, just like the Turkish guns, somehow….that got stretched out to include people… to which I can’t draw the parallel.

Let’s face it…if it’s A product that can be made. It can be made well, it can be made like crap…and it can come from anywhere.

Let’s also face it… the majority of things we use day to day, from clothes, to electronics, to flugelbinders off Amazon, is made in China.

If somehow that was misconstrued to “people” rather than “products from”… sorry, can’t help there.

I’m not one of them
i love girl scout cookies......

but the price will now be $6.00 for 1 box.

i guess no more

Caramel deLites® | Samoas®

for me

What firearm to purchase is a personal decision that everyone has to make on their own. There are many reasons that go into making that decision, from the company's reputation, styling, features, etc. etc.

As far as Canik, from what I have seen and heard about their products are excellent. They almost always get top reviews from people who shoot them regularly. Like any product produced by humans, they can have a mistake from now and then, but I have rarely heard any complaints about Canik firearms, in fact it's generally the opposite with enthusiasts raving about their firearms. They must be doing something right with the company's fast rise in popularity. Sure it's got to do with their price point, but if the quality wasn't there to back them up, we'd hear about that.

I purchased a Canik Rival Dark Side a year or so ago mainly because I was interested in all the hoopla I'd been hearing about them. My experience so far has been great. It has 100% reliable, accurate, and has one of the best striker fired triggers on the market today. From what I've seen, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

I also like to purchase American made firearms when possible, but I really hate to limit myself in that area. There are so many manufacturers around the world that make fine firearms and to limit yourself because of what country they are manufactured in may result in your missing out on some of the best firearms ever made. If we limited ourselves to only US built firearms we would have deprived ourselves of some of some of the finest brands out there, such as Benelli, Beretta, FN, CZ, just to name a few.

Good luck with your Canik Rival-S. If it was a bad gun then there wouldn't be a waiting list for it now, a year after it's release. They still command prices sometimes as high as double the MSRP, when you can find one. That says more than anything else.

Thanks RLB…
I’m enjoying it as second fiddle. It gets range time behind my P now…since my wife affectionately calls the 320 Legion/Sig Armorer supplied “Her” pistol :)
I sometimes think about selling it for either MSRP or above to make a buck, but that‘s just not me.
I like it, serves a purpose…and cost me nothing to sit in the safe until called upon.

Only Canik I’ve owned. Very happy.

This thread got a jolt from some light hearted ribbing of members… then it went sideways.

i loved my 2 Caniks, that is until i needed parts, then it was a nightmare. seems like all other guns made in other countries, parts are available, even the Girsan that is also made in Turkey as the Canik, you can get parts.

great shooters, great triggers out of the box..

just don't need factory parts, and frankly i hadn't seen too many after market parts available, other than triggers.

save your money, buy a Glock, more available parts that Carter has liver pills.
Great tip. Thanks

Great tip. Thanks
I found all kinds of trigger springs, recoil springs, recoil assist kits, etc.
Otherwise, I can’t say anything about parts availability, I’ve read the same…hard to come by especially from Canik.
Luckily, I haven’t had to find out…

I’m not one of them
Well let’s be honest, there is at least one Turkish gun you love…😇😇😇

Back