testtest

First Look: SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine

I hope the next iteration of Saint Victor PCC comes in 10MM!

10MM The One Caliber.png

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “First Look: SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/saint-victor-9mm-carbine/.

In my opinion, SA made a huge error in using the Colt SMG magazines. They are more difficult to find and not compatible with any other firearm. This would have been a much more desirable carbine if they had configured it to use XD magazines. Even Glock magazines would have been better, but that would mean admitting that Glock had better magazines.

Having magazine compatibility with your sidearm is really a much better idea, regardless of caliber.

I don't need another 9mm carbine since I bought a Ruger PC Carbine for $499. I see they also make it in .40 now. The MSRP of $1299 would cover most any gun on my wish list, just this one isn't on it. If you want one, I do support your right to choose.
grabagun is selling it for $1119.

In my opinion, SA made a huge error in using the Colt SMG magazines. They are more difficult to find and not compatible with any other firearm. This would have been a much more desirable carbine if they had configured it to use XD magazines. Even Glock magazines would have been better, but that would mean admitting that Glock had better magazines.

Having magazine compatibility with your sidearm is really a much better idea, regardless of caliber.
They aren’t hard to find at all…and you can also do an easy DIY mod to an Uzi mag and they’ll work great.

And using XD/XDm mags would condemn this rifle to death. Nobody except a few diehard fanboys would buy it.

They aren’t hard to find at all…and you can also do an easy DIY mod to an Uzi mag and they’ll work great.

And using XD/XDm mags would condemn this rifle to death. Nobody except a few diehard fanboys would buy it.
A proprietary mag well insert like the PC carbine would have been a nice feature where you can interchange the mag types. This way this new carbine could satisfy everyone's needs.

Either way it still is a cool carbine and I know the colt pattern mags are still pretty popular amongst PCC shooters. A few of the companies that make 9mm AR lowers offer Colt or Glock lowers as options such as Spikes because of the popularity split between the two on this type of platform.

Back