testtest

First Look: Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy 9mm

Got it… It may just be the optic. I played the game and waited for the Holosun Plate.
I got my Prodigy late.... December I think… and once I sent it off to get fixed, I think the plate arrived within days of me getting it back from SA. I only run 124 in my 9mm pistols. It’s my happy medium between 115 and 147.

Man..that P226 X5 is a great looking pistol. Haven’t seen one in person, but I sure want to shoot one now.. :)

Got it… It may just be the optic. I played the game and waited for the Holosun Plate.
I got my Prodigy late.... December I think… and once I sent it off to get fixed, I think the plate arrived within days of me getting it back from SA. I only run 124 in my 9mm pistols. It’s my happy medium between 115 and 147.

Man..that P226 X5 is a great looking pistol. Haven’t seen one in person, but I sure want to shoot one now.. :)
I've got red dots on several of my pistols but I've never seen one attract dirt like this one. But then most don't have that loaded indicator hole just about a 1/4" away from it.

It's so bad that it's almost a safety hazard. After just 40-50 rounds the glass gets so dirty it's impossible to see out of. You can see the red dot shining, but even that is distorted by the dirt. I might have to take the suggestion and have the hole welded and blended. I usually don't complain about things, but I even contacted Springfield about this. IMO it is a design flaw and could even be considered a safety defect. It's something that might have been included on SA 1911s for years, but now that red dots are becoming so popular it needs to be reconsidered, especially since there just isn't that much room to spare on the slide of the Prodigy. Waiting for their reply to see what they say.

Yeah, the X5 is one great looker that shoots just as good as it looks. Not to knock the Prodigy, but on my first outing with the X5 I was shooting much tighter groups with the X5 using iron sights, than I was with the Prodigy with a red dot. I'm not that great a shooter, but I definitely look a whole lot better with the X5. It just oozes quality. I'm very fortunate to have it.

How you describe the Hex and the prodigy is how I feel about my S&W competitor and DPP.
I’m selling the S&W to a friend, and advising him to pick up a Trijicon SRO…they seem to fare better.

But honestly I don’t have that problem with the glass getting dirty with the Holosun…maybe time for an optic change if you can get the plate?
Of course, as I typed that I checked…and the RMR plate is out of stock. Sorry man… i feel your pain.
That X5 has me intrigued, I really like my Legion X5 P320, but for that kind of coin I would lean towards a Stacatto…

I can almost definitely see a Staccato in my future. In getting into the 2011 style of pistols I kind of shot myself in the foot by buying the Prodigy. Now that I have it it's hard to justify buying a Staccato, unless I go with a model above the P, and they are crazy expensive. And a P is so close to a Prodigy I'm not sure if it makes any sense to get something that is so similar. Sure the Staccato is the better gun, but is it worth getting it while I have the Prodigy since I don't shoot competitively? But then if I was worried about making sense I would have stopped with one pistol instead of several.
I can get a Staccato for under MSRP so that helps a bit, but to me guns like the X5 and a lot of the top CZs are in a different class. To me the X5 and CZs like the new TS2 Orange are like works of art, beautiful as well excellent shooting guns.
Right now the Dan Wesson DWX and the CZ TS2 Orange are next on my list. After that who knows? Staccato? There's just way too many cool guns and not enough money to get them all.

Me…I don’t get too attached to guns. If I were to pickup a Stacatto…it would be a P With optic mount, steel body.
If it functioned and shot more accurately for me than my Prodigy, I have a few friends that would take the prodigy off my hands. If it didn’t.. I could sell it and not take too much of a hit.

Right now, my Canik Rival S is my favorite to shoot. But the Prodigy is a damn close second. And my now given to my Wife…Legion X5 isn’t too shabby On the range either LOL.

I’ve never owned a 1911 style before…but yeah, now I’m into it.
I may get into competition, I’ve been thinking about 3 gun. But if I don’t.. I got damn cool target/range toys I truly enjoy shooting.
My buddy has a CZ Shadow…damn nice pistol for sure!

Me…I don’t get too attached to guns. If I were to pickup a Stacatto…it would be a P With optic mount, steel body.
If it functioned and shot more accurately for me than my Prodigy, I have a few friends that would take the prodigy off my hands. If it didn’t.. I could sell it and not take too much of a hit.

Right now, my Canik Rival S is my favorite to shoot. But the Prodigy is a damn close second. And my now given to my Wife…Legion X5 isn’t too shabby On the range either LOL.

I’ve never owned a 1911 style before…but yeah, now I’m into it.
I may get into competition, I’ve been thinking about 3 gun. But if I don’t.. I got damn cool target/range toys I truly enjoy shooting.
My buddy has a CZ Shadow…damn nice pistol for sure!
Did you read this @SimonRL ? He prefers a Canik over the X5. That's crazy talk. :)

LOL.. steel Canik Rival, to be clear… :)
I shoot it every bit as good as I do my X5 legion with the Sig Armorer’s comp kit in it…to boot.
It was more in response to Simon than you brother. For the record Simon got rid of his P30L because he shoots his X5 much better. I personally almost can't miss with his old P30L. Just goes to show everything ain't for everybody.

It was more in response to Simon than you brother. For the record Simon got rid of his P30L because he shoots his X5 much better. I personally almost can't miss with his old P30L. Just goes to show everything ain't for everybody.
I will put my stock X5 Legion, with a DPP, up against just about anything. The Canik hasn’t been made that can outperform it.

Or maybe it’s the shooter…. 😜😎

All good boys.. I have easily 5K plus rounds through my X5 over the past year plus, and i love the DPP as well!
It is such a Great pistol, I built my wife one… from a stock FS P320… after a TXG grip, X5 slide and barrel.. and SA comp trigger kit, she still managed to shoot my X5 Legion better. Just don’t know why….

I was never a Canik fan…until I held and shot a Rival S. Feel, ergos and trigger amazing right out of the box.
Love my Sig, shoot it well, but the Canik is easier to shoot and more forgiving for me…

Terrible world we live in with such tough choices… LOL

The funniest thing….we’re talkin about them in a Prodigy thread. Oh…the travesty!!

All good boys.. I have easily 5K plus rounds through my X5 over the past year plus, and i love the DPP as well!
It is such a Great pistol, I built my wife one… from a stock FS P320… after a TXG grip, X5 slide and barrel.. and SA comp trigger kit, she still managed to shoot my X5 Legion better. Just don’t know why….

I was never a Canik fan…until I held and shot a Rival S. Feel, ergos and trigger amazing right out of the box.
Love my Sig, shoot it well, but the Canik is easier to shoot and more forgiving for me…

Terrible world we live in with such tough choices… LOL

The funniest thing….we’re talkin about them in a Prodigy thread. Oh…the travesty!!
Just messing about with the Canik. For
me, my X5 Legion was one of those a-ha guns that significantly lifted my game by providing immediate feedback. I find the Prodigy very similar to the X5L in that respect.

My bad … guess I’m a Knuckle dragger thumping my chest with Moarz PowEr on the .45 hog …
I’ll start shooting low left from here on 🤪🙃😝
B60F2D40-37CE-4F80-9C05-4AEFCFE6C549.gif

I don't have the x5 only the standard p226. I'm going to put a srt and make that 357sig shine more. If sig would make a 10mm in that exact model, I'd be all over it! I'm having a hard sell on the x10 and the ria ultra tac hc (I'm a none 1911 lover).

With everyone talking about the Sig X-5, it's easy to get Sig's offerings mixed up since they have more than one X-5. Both are fine pistols but there are differences.
One, the P320 X-5 Legion is a striker fired polymer pistol based on the modular P320 naturally.
The other is the P226 X-5 which is a now US made all steel hammer fired pistol based on the discontinued German Master shop pistols. Just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page since Sig is pretty free with the X-5 nomenclature.

Attachments

• 320xfive_legion_right-1.jpg
    320xfive_legion_right-1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 226x5-9-stas-3.jpg
    226x5-9-stas-3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 60
Dang. With the X5 Legion being that good, you would think somebody would be shooting one and kicking butt with it in USPSA Limited division...
Don’t forget about the Daniel Horner edition, DH3.. :)
I’d only add, the MM does not have slide cuts, where as the Legion and DH3 do.
All fine shooters indeed.

Back