testtest

First Look: Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy 9mm

@dajogejr, I like the idea of the single sided safety. Any thoughts on whose is a “drop-in“ part or close to it? Which Staccato do you have and how do the Prodigy and Staccato compare?

Sent the TLR-1 back. Going to get a Surefire X-300. I have mixed feelings. I know it’s a great light, but it seems a bit long for the 4.25” model.

I’m looking at Wilson Combat wide for both my 2011s. Saw pics on 1911Addicts on a CS and C model staccato from another member.

I have the Staccato P 4.4” aluminum.
Both are fine pistols. Fit, finish overall on the Staccato is much, much better. Price tag worth it? To me, yes.
Depending on where you shop, etc. You’re looking at $800 ish more for the P.
P comes with a Tool Less Guide rod and Magwell…you just knocked it down to $600ish getting closer apples to apples.
The stock fire control units in a P are machined and better quality than factory Prodigy.
The DLC finish is LIGHT YEARS better than the Cerakote on the prodigy, my P has a DLC barrel as well.
Dawson red dot plates are 150 to 160 for a Staccato, unless you want to run a DPP, which is only $40 for that kit.
Prodigy adapter plates are now 130, whereas they used to be $60.
The prodigy has a few more ounces of heft, which i like.
I shoot them both very similar. I’ve yet to experience a single issue from my P and it’s approaching 2K rounds now. It just shoots more consistent and eats ammo.

It’s my favorite to shoot.

I’m looking at Wilson Combat wide for both my 2011s. Saw pics on 1911Addicts on a CS and C model staccato from another member.

I have the Staccato P 4.4” aluminum.
Both are fine pistols. Fit, finish overall on the Staccato is much, much better. Price tag worth it? To me, yes.
Depending on where you shop, etc. You’re looking at $800 ish more for the P.
P comes with a Tool Less Guide rod and Magwell…you just knocked it down to $600ish getting closer apples to apples.
The stock fire control units in a P are machined and better quality than factory Prodigy.
The DLC finish is LIGHT YEARS better than the Cerakote on the prodigy, my P has a DLC barrel as well.
Dawson red dot plates are 150 to 160 for a Staccato, unless you want to run a DPP, which is only $40 for that kit.
Prodigy adapter plates are now 130, whereas they used to be $60.
The prodigy has a few more ounces of heft, which i like.
I shoot them both very similar. I’ve yet to experience a single issue from my P and it’s approaching 2K rounds now. It just shoots more consistent and eats ammo.

It’s my favorite to shoot.
Starting to consider selling my Prodigy and P320 and picking up a Staccato P. I’ll lose some money but …..

I have two P320s (X compact and X5 Legion) Prodigy, Canik Rival S and My Staccato P.
All fine pistols, but none are going anywhere.

If you need the cash to make a purchase, I hear ya. But unless I have a pistol just sitting there collecting dust that never gets used, I try to keep mine.

Got rid of my 4.25” prodigy. It wasn’t doing anything my 2019 P wasn’t doing. I got a C2 and it wasn’t small enough so I sold it and was looking at the Bul SAS 3.25 but my silly goose ordered an XC instead to try. My son’s Platypus should be shipping soon. Something else different lol

Got rid of my 4.25” prodigy. It wasn’t doing anything my 2019 P wasn’t doing. I got a C2 and it wasn’t small enough so I sold it and was looking at the Bul SAS 3.25 but my silly goose ordered an XC instead to try. My son’s Platypus should be shipping soon. Something else different lol

That was the identical path I was going to take. But frankly, the Prodigy just shoots well.
I’ll pick up a C2 eventually to replace my 320X Compact…but no hurry.

I just picked up a lightly used Prodigy 5" at the gun show this past weekend for a song, and I need to immediately source a set of tritium sights for it so I can ditch the damned RMR post haste. But I've searched to the extent of my Google Fu and can't find anyone producing a set. As hot as the Prodigy is, I'm astounded no one is marketing the essential upgrade. What am I missing? WTF do have to look to find it? Also, the pistol unfortunately came only with the RMR plate and the iron sights rounded top profile replacement didn't make it along for the exchange. I looked and looked on Springfield's website for where to order a replacement and can't find any such spot on their website. I emailed Springfield asking for how much to buy one, and they haven't responded. Anyone got one they will part with? Anyone got the source for replacement tritiums?

Could not agree more about the email issue! Sent my Prodigy (5 inch) to Springfield a month ago and have heard absolutely nothing. I emailed them a week ago and did not get a response even though I included their RMA number for the gun. They have had it longer than I did! Saving up for a Staccato at this point since I no longer have possession of my Prodigy! Only good news is that it reduces the brands I will consider in the future............

Could not agree more about the email issue! Sent my Prodigy (5 inch) to Springfield a month ago and have heard absolutely nothing. I emailed them a week ago and did not get a response even though I included their RMA number for the gun. They have had it longer than I did! Saving up for a Staccato at this point since I no longer have possession of my Prodigy! Only good news is that it reduces the brands I will consider in the future............
So have you called them?

You got to call, there email us sketchy at times…..8006806866

Well, I think the Prodigy is on my bucket list to get from Springfield, I wanted a Hellcat, got it, SA-35, got it which now works great after some slight deburring, next is the Prodigy…..😬😬

Back