testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory Emissary 1911 Review

I have a non rail TRP getting work done at Nighthawk right now and a Dan Wesson Vigil Commander, but I want the Emissary just to have something slightly different.

Thanks to shesky! I was close to ordering it myself. I have an RO 1911 and love it, recently bought the EMP for my CCW and while it's a touch heavier than what I am used to I love the feel and the trigger. Saw this new 1911 and thought I would grab one but I may just hold off until I can wrap my hands around one first

I have to check that one out I do like a full size 1911
Link for you, I like it, but afraid a little expensive though

also this one in 10mm would be nice addition

For me, in a Springfield 1911, I still would get a Ronin, but that’s just me.

I wonder if the Emissary is kinda intended as Spgfld’s alternate to the Black Ice…🤔
there are what seem like similarities for sure.

but on another 1911 website i am on, i have been reading nealry a 50-50 split on Kimber being a good purchase.

i am getting the general idea.....NO

so i go weekly to my LGS to see if the Emissary has come in, i already told them, i am a buyer....

and given that i have bought nearly 18 guns from them since January of 2020, they know i'll be buying at least...one.

Got 2 Kimbers here, Custom II duel tone in 9mm, and a pro carry II duel tone in .45, no issues whatsoever
well Anni, that's the "thing"....reading the good stuff, against the bad stuff (of guys that still own Kimber but will not get rid of them, or did long ago), i am basing my sales purchases on the "not to buy" crowd.

i know, it's like anything else, anything can be a lemon, from an outstanding company, it happens.

in fact for along time, my LGS, DID NOT even have them, now they got like a couple of models now.

well Anni, that's the "thing"....reading the good stuff, against the bad stuff (of guys that still own Kimber but will not get rid of them, or did long ago), i am basing my sales purchases on the "not to buy" crowd.

i know, it's like anything else, anything can be a lemon, from an outstanding company, it happens.

in fact for along time, my LGS, DID NOT even have them, now they got like a couple of models now.
Understand, my only issue with Kimber was a micro-9, after first range time, guide rod bent and there CS wouldn’t replace it stating it was my fault that it happened, told me I didn’t know how to reassemble it right so they were not going to cover it, so, I picked up another guide rod and traded it off.

If truth be known, I have had more trouble and issues with Colt’s 1911’s over the years, mostly there series 80 model.
yeah, i got that Colt 1911 series 70 no roll marks, it's been flawless

i had to have sights put onto it, it came with no sights, no roll marks..

1629671505114.png

1629671525810.png

yeah, i got that Colt 1911 series 70 no roll marks, it's been flawless

i had to have sights put onto it, it came with no sights, no roll marks..

View attachment 20004

View attachment 20005
Nice pistol, personally, I think Colt messed up on the series 80, but I had 2 series 70 pistols, my brother still owns one I gave him, only changed the recoil and firing pin springs

Yea, I hate the Swartz safety that Kimber uses, makes it a tad more difficult to tear down and reassemble
Are all Kimbers series 80 / Schwartz ??
I’ve never owned a K… and probably won’t if they don’t come 70.

Like all ‘old sayings’ it’s a bit loose-goose, but I’m reminded of the old Soviet cold war adage “Better is the enemy of Good Enough”….their version of our KISS principle (keep it simple, stupid! )

Are all Kimbers series 80 / Schwartz ??
I’ve never owned a K… and probably won’t if they don’t come 70.

Like all ‘old sayings’ it’s a bit loose-goose, but I’m reminded of the old Soviet cold war adage “Better is the enemy of Good Enough”….their version of our KISS principle (keep it simple, stupid! )
All Kimber 1911’s have the Schwartz safety on them.

Back