testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory SA-35 9mm

Ill try and help make it easy, which ever one you find first get that one first. Looking forward to seeing how well the magazine disconnect works. If I could find fault with my Hi Power it would be the magazine doesnt jump out but I will not have the safety feature defeated.
I was inches away from just going and picking up a SW 638 for my last gun of the calander year, I limit myself to two a year, just because it keeps the selection process interesting. And EMPs are hard to come by.

But now... think I will save my last a while longer.

I've had several guns on my Bucket List for awhile, but the SA-35 will definitely be my first (possibly only) gun purchase of 2022. I usually go for guns that have been on the market for a few years, and avoid paying a premium for "The Next Big Thing", but I'll make an exception for a Hi-Power from Springfield Armory.

Just read the writeup. Sounds like a winner--good sights, no mag disconnector, nicely shaped thumb safety (wanna see what it feels like), improved "no bite" hammer (I wanna see that, too.) I didn't find a trigger weight, which is of interest to me. Trigger pulls are usually hideous on P35s, but can be made passable with some work.

The price seems good too, at seven pigs.
That’s MSRP, so…should be closer to $600 after the initial rush.

Pretty sure I’m getting one.

That’s MSRP, so…should be closer to $600 after the initial rush.

Pretty sure I’m getting one.
Brownell's is offering them for $679.99, but they are not in stock:

Great price for a battle pistol. I am curious to see which mods folks choose to do if any to this new offering. Known a few older gentleman who carry Hi-power's and loved them. I don't think I would want to revert back to a "battle pistol" for daily carry but it's a solid choice and good bang for the buck at the listed retail. I carried an LB OWB M9 for some time, then IWB 1911A1 for some time. I carry a polymer pistol exclusively for CC now. I prefer to open carry, and the 1911A1 is my favorite but getting lazy with modern polymer pistols being lighter, smaller, and higher capacity. I know a few folks who will be buying an SA-35..

Last edited:
Hate to be a party pooper, but it appears that Springfield has new competition already. However, I'll stick with American built!

I think the Turks already had a toe in that water. Tisas makes a BHP clone as well.

I bought a SA mil spec 1911, and then bought a Ruger SR1911 for even more money, and I’m here to say the SA quality was better for less money. For $579, the SA 1911 is built very well. The Ruger is nice, but rattles and isn’t up to the same standards.

I’m guessing the quality on the new SA-35 will be high as well.

I think the Turks already had a toe in that water. Tisas makes a BHP clone as well.

I bought a SA mil spec 1911, and then bought a Ruger SR1911 for even more money, and I’m here to say the SA quality was better for less money. For $579, the SA 1911 is built very well. The Ruger is nice, but rattles and isn’t up to the same standards.

I’m guessing the quality on the new SA-35 will be high as well.
Rugers are good guns, don’t get me wrong, but quality between lots can vary a lot. What I like about SA is there guns (1911’s) have forged frames and slides, while Ruger has cast frames and billet slides.

Back