testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory SA-35 9mm

I picked up my SA-35 last week and got it out to the range:
1640033778199.png
1640033855230.png

I ran two mags through at 10 yards and started getting the "feel" for it. When I shot a plate out at 25 yds, I was hitting a bit low.

Mike

L
Just read the writeup. Sounds like a winner--good sights, no mag disconnector, nicely shaped thumb safety (wanna see what it feels like), improved "no bite" hammer (I wanna see that, too.) I didn't find a trigger weight, which is of interest to me. Trigger pulls are usually hideous on P35s, but can be made passable with some work.

The price seems good too, at seven pigs.
Snake45
I have been reading that because of the “no mag disconnected” the trigger was improved upon.
I concur, at seven Benjamin’s, it is s winner,,,,

I was one of the five who won the October secret giveaway. I won the SA-35! I can’t believe it I’ve never won a single thing in my life. I have always wanted a high power, but never had the intersection of money and opportunity.

I found my example to be extremely well-made and machined. It is tight and doesn’t have any clatter. (as it should be!) It is a fine weapon and I shot very well with it, though to be fair I got tired of shooting after about 10 rounds and then my groups opened up until the magazine was dry. Fit and finish is just beautiful. And I thank those at Springfield armory for making it possible for me to recieve one.
D259E251-1D0B-4E74-9A32-2056C6C0258C.jpeg
A20589E8-5C6C-4B93-A061-90FACD43D029.jpeg

I'm happy for everyone who has received their SA-35. Your good luck gives me hope that mine will arrive soon. I paid to reserve a copy from one of my favorite dealers, and am still waiting for them to receive their shipment.

I was lucky enough to pick one up the Sunday after the announcement. My wife and I stopped by the LGS to look at pocket pistols after breakfast. The fair was in town so there was very few customers. I handled a couple of pistols ten asked if they had a Springfield 911. Hadn't crossed my mind to ask about the SA-35 since they were still gong for ridiculous prices on GB. The sales person ask if i meant the new Spring field they had got in that morning. I snapped it up for 10% Veterans discount off the $699 msrp. Which I thought was pretty good for this pistol and the times.

Bought some new grips and got a spare mag for Christmas. I've never been a fan of double stacks but I am a fan of John Moses Browning and mainly bought this for nostalgia. I have thick hands and fingers but not the finger length to match so a double stack feels a little like a club to me compared to a 1911. I bought these grips thinking I might sand a little relief above the design. But the more I shoot it the better it feels, kind of growing on me. I'm really enjoying this pistol.
0106221513.jpg

Been setting alerts and checking daily at every legitimate online retailer and LGS. Have not seen a single SA-35 for sale anywhere, other than the price gouging auction type sites.

What’s the point of “releasing” a product in October that no one can actually buy for going on 3 months now?

Can anyone tell me when these will be readily available? I have a reserve at my local shop but they are saying March/April???

Been setting alerts and checking daily at every legitimate online retailer and LGS. Have not seen a single SA-35 for sale anywhere, other than the price gouging auction type sites.

What’s the point of “releasing” a product in October that no one can actually buy for going on 3 months now?
Think about the SA-35 like the current ammo situation. These are being made as fast as possible but demand is keeping them off the shelves.

The supply line only can keep up with so much demand at any given time. I'd advise you find a local SA dealer and preorder one so you don't need to buy a GunBroker double priced pistol.

There's been a few firearms that I've had to wait for from different manufacturers because demand was so high so I talked to my LGS and they called me when they got what I was looking for in.

Back