testtest

First Look: The New Springfield Armory TRP Series

giphy.gif

If you’re paying attention, the guys out there carrying 1911/2011’s for serious use are now almost exclusively doing so in 9mm for obvious reasons. Same people saying this is a fad are the same people who said red dots on pistols were a fad a few years ago.
Meh. They'll fade from memory in a few years. Just like those new fangled Glocks and other tupperware. I'LL just stick with my .45 and Model T.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Is that where TRP’s are now?

Nope.

Nope, nope, nope.

I will NOT pay that for a 1911 with MIM parts.

Was super interested until I saw the $2k MSRP. That's a hard pass. For a few hundred more you can get into Dan Wesson or Wilson Combat territory. And in that price range there are alot of other things higher on the list currently.

Last edited:
Absolutely not would I desire to arm the F.B.I. with the Springfield Armory TRP. Let them use $600 Glocks or pay for it out of their own pockets since the Glock is used by virtually every other law enforcement agency in country. Why create a reason for wasting taxpayer money?

In that reasoning, I guess you are against the FBI HRT teams being issued a Springfield Professional? The TRP is the cheaper version of the Professional.

In that reasoning, I guess you are against the FBI HRT teams being issued a Springfield Professional? The TRP is the cheaper version of the Professional.
If I were a hostage, I wouuld want the most highly trained marksmen with the most accurate and dependable rifles and 1911 45acp pistols to be on the team that is coming to rescue me. But then, I am fussy that way.

It's only $5.50 per day for one year....

That's actually a strong argument. I definitely burn more than $5.50 a day on random BS I don't really need to. Why not save it up for a shiny new blaster instead of burning it on Monster or a quick meal at Wawa?

I'm diggin the new TRP models. I was considering a railed upgrade for my olde Springfield Loaded. I think one of these would fit the bill, though I admit I'm not thrilled about the price point. At the same time, looking around other manufacturers with pistol in this range, I'm not seeing much that would push me in their direction as opposed to getting a TRP. I'm not exactly concerned about MIM parts. To date I haven't broken or worn out an MIM anything and that isn't for lack of trying on my part.

Back