testtest

First Look: XD-M Elite 3.8” Compact OSP

Thanks, Mike. Really enjoyed the video, but I have to admit it makes me a little jealous that I don't have an OSP model of this pistol. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my non-OSP model.

I went out to the range Sunday and ran another box of FMJ through the pistol. I have 350 rounds through it with a mix of range and self defense ammo. This XD-M is a smooth shooter. In fact, I was just realizing this morning that the trigger on the XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact is even better now than when I first shot it. Gone are the flinches and anticipation of trigger break I used to experience with other striker fired pistols.

See, that is what I was saying about having these fire arms on this site up against a scale.
This makes the grip look short.

However this says it is almost 3.5 inches.

I get that it has an option of an extended magwell. But it is really nice to see all the dimensions.

Are the fixed sights co-witness with the red dot or do I lose the ability to use the fixed sights?
I don't know the answer but I'm finding I prefer Not to have the sights visual through the optic. I guess I'm so use to using irons that is what I'm instinctively looking for then I look and find the dot and it seems to be a distraction to getting on target faster. With just a dot it is just cleaner (from my experience).

I really like the concept of this pistol with the red dot. My EDC, currently on my hip, is the original XD-M Compact in 9mm. The biggest issue facing a version of that with a red dot installed is finding a holster I imagine. I did know, from having a XD-M 5.25, that the same holsters pretty much work for every XD-M, and I am sure the same is true for the Elite series. Crossbreed has a XD-M Elite 4.5 holster with slide mounted optic holster that ought to fit the 3.8 just fine.

I really like the concept of this pistol with the red dot. My EDC, currently on my hip, is the original XD-M Compact in 9mm. The biggest issue facing a version of that with a red dot installed is finding a holster I imagine. I did know, from having a XD-M 5.25, that the same holsters pretty much work for every XD-M, and I am sure the same is true for the Elite series. Crossbreed has a XD-M Elite 4.5 holster with slide mounted optic holster that ought to fit the 3.8 just fine.
I have a Reckoning holster from Crossbreed Holsters for my XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact [non-OSP] and I believe it will fit this newer model as well. The holster shell comes up just short of the pin hole on the frame that secures the loaded chamber indicator. The only clearance issue I would see with this holster are the belt clips, which may need to be adjusted for clearance.

Here's another write up review referring to the XD-M® Elite 3.8" Compact OSP™.
Thanks, Bob. Got this one via email.

This particular sight looks too big for the pistol. I wonder if the Hex Wasp would be a better choice with a smaller footprint and an added benefit of co-witness with the iron sights.

Thanks, Bob. Got this one via email.

This particular sight looks too big for the pistol. I wonder if the Hex Wasp would be a better choice with a smaller footprint and an added benefit of co-witness with the iron sights.
Was wondering the same when seen in pic's. Don't personally have either to compare.
But, do like ability and idea to co witness any time can. Have learned over the years to not completely trust much electronic anything over the years. Generally pays to have non electronic as back ups.

Was wondering the same when seen in pic's. Don't personally have either to compare.
But, do like ability and idea to co witness any time can. Have learned over the years to not completely trust much electronic anything over the years. Generally pays to have non electronic as back ups.
Yeah, I heard one pro shooter runs his competition guns without fixed sights at all.

Yeah, I heard one pro shooter runs his competition guns without fixed sights at all.
To me, that's their choice. Personally? I wouldn't unless needed to. Learning to cover with backups is just that, learning over time? The competition shooter mentioned may also have another type of backup in place, like another firearm in reserve for example?

Back