testtest

First post............recommendation requested

I have two M1as and now I want an AR to replace the Sig I gave my son. I can't decide between the Victor or Edge. The main purpose is target shoot but I do want to participate in Texas hog hunting at some point.

thank you for your responses.

I own an Edge and love it, but I will say that the trigger is very light from the factory.

I believe the trigger on the Victor isn't as light, more of an enhanced mil-spec trigger. It may lend itself to being a little safer if you are hog hunting and moving a bunch. If you have great trigger discipline ignore all of this :)

I have two M1as and now I want an AR to replace the Sig I gave my son. I can't decide between the Victor or Edge. The main purpose is target shoot but I do want to participate in Texas hog hunting at some point.

thank you for your responses.
Well, you can't go wrong with a New Springfield Armory AR-10 SAINT VICTOR in .308 / 7.62 NATO, even if I favor the 20" - 24" barrel in an AR-10 I wish Springfield Armory would offer these lengths in their AR-15 & AR-10 Rifles I am just old school. Call them the Saint Guardian Angel overwatch rifle.

I don't know the best cal for hogs. But can't go wrong with a .308/7.62x51. I use my Stag-10 for deer, elk, and bear.
The best caliber for hogs is the caliber you are most proficient with the majority of the time HOG Hunting I use a AR 15 in 5.56 / .223 you can kill Hogs with .22 LR or Shotgun depending the type of hunting you are doing Stalking or Still hunting from a ground blind or a Ladder Stand over bait. My preferred method is still hunting 21 ' up in a ladder stand at 50 to 60 yards over bait with motion-activated kill lights and night vision. I am a professional Hog & Coyote Eradicator and I have had several contracts to eradicate these varmints. I killed several with a Ruger 10/22 rifle .22LR at 50 -60 yards from a bait pile of fermented corn sour mash, shot placed 1/4 below the hog's ear and they drop like a stone. I have even used a 9mm pistol and a 9mm carbine with good results.

so is the Victor a better rifle if a thicker barrel? Or are other factors involved to make the Edge better?
They are both good rifles. To declare one better than the other would depend on your purpose for the rifle.

The Victor would probably be a better general-purpose rifle. The Edge is designed more toward competition.

They are both very good rifles and you cannot go wrong with either.

I also have the Victor & Edge . But for what you asking I would say go with the Victor Amazing gun and Bang for the buck.

if you buy one off the dealer shelf you go home with a gun. if you order one you get a story
I can find only one local dealer with a Victor and none with an Edge.

And there is truth in ordering with a subsequent story. I am currently waiting on a Scout Squad to arrive and already the story is they are sending it to the wrong store from the "warehouse".

Back