testtest

First time 1911 owner

No.

Only, mostly, 9mm specific 1911 magazines will work.

.45 acp won't hold the smaller-diameter 9mm rounds based on the larger 45 acp feed lips.

But, Rock Island Armory makes their 9mm/22TCM/38 Super mags work with all three of those calibers.

Otherwise, I like Chip McCormick power mags for 9mm 1911s.

No.

Only, mostly, 9mm specific 1911 magazines will work.

.45 acp won't hold the smaller-diameter 9mm rounds based on the larger 45 acp feed lips.

But, Rock Island Armory makes their 9mm/22TCM/38 Super mags work with all three of those calibers.

Otherwise, I like Chip McCormick power mags for 9mm 1911s.
Whoa - Somehow I wasn’t interpreting “all Spgfld mags” as in diff caliber mags.
Talyn is correct !
What I meant was essentially other gun/mag makers’ brands.

Wow you found a 1911 Ronin,wish I had your luck here in Derby City KY.
My Ronin just arrived on Friday. I had ordered it about 6 weeks ago from Springfield I'm looking forward to taking it to the range on Monday
Ronin.jpg

My Ronin just arrived on Friday. I had ordered it about 6 weeks ago from Springfield I'm looking forward to taking it to the range on MondayView attachment 16995.
Nice Ronin, enjoy it and keep us informed on how it does, also if you want go to the guns thread and find the show your 1911 and post your pic there, most of us did, you will see many, many beautiful 1911’s there

Looks cool I have a SDS ww2 repro 1911.

the sights are almost useless god knows how ww2 vets shot anything with a handgun.
Will tell this again: Perhaps luck, perhaps good instruction; '63, in advanced AIT, checked a .45 out of the armory along with a hundred other GI's. Don't know if it had seen the war or not but she was loose as a goose, rattled like a cold Diesel engine. Qualified Expert with it. Have been a 1911 guy since that day. A spec of red paint on the front post of those old babies will do wonders.

My Ronin just arrived on Friday. I had ordered it about 6 weeks ago from Springfield I'm looking forward to taking it to the range on MondayView attachment 16995.
Range Report took my Ronin out for the first time. Fired a total of 100 rounds doing Dot Torture and the Gunsite School Drill. I used 3 different ammunitions, Fioochi 115 grain FMJ 9mm, Hornady Critical Defense 124 grain JHP, and Syntech 150 grain. No malfunctions at all with the Fioochi ammunition. 2 failure to feed with the Hornady Critical Defense ; I've had this issue with other 1911's with that ammo. Also with the Syntech 150 grain I had one failure to feed. Again, I have had this issue with other 1911's. The seem to like the Syntech 115 and 124 grain but not the 150 grain. I think that is because of the different shape of the 150 grain over the 115 and 124.
The trigger is a dream, breaks at a little over 4 pounds. The recoil is negligible virtually stays on target. sights are crisp and easy to pick up.
The only complaint I have is that the Ronin only ships with one magazine. Spent more time loading that one mag than I did shooting!. However, I've got 5 magazines on the way.
I'm headed to Gunsite in a few weeks and this will be making the trip with me.

Back