testtest

For discussion - what is it about Glock Culture.....?

It certainly appears there's a tremendous amount of "groupthink" when it comes to Glocks. I heard one YouTuber make the statement that "everyone shoots better with a Glock". In my case, that's undiluted bovine fecal matter. I suspect I am not alone here.

I am unable to find an unmodified Glock that I shoot anywhere nearly as well as my XDm, Echelon or Jericho. I doubt that their .22LR offering can top my Walther or SW in accuracy or reliability. These results aren't merely speculation, I have tried to find a Glock I shoot well.

Shot the smallest Glock when looking for a primary EDC. Side to side, it was obvious that Sig works better for me. At the range yesterday a friend was stunned by the groups my P938 is capable of.

Wish I were the one to suggest that Glock cultists are like liberals. Yep, they certainly don't seem to be able to comprehend why you disagree with them and aren't interested in hearing your reasoning. Because, you are wrong.
I to tried the smaller G42 and G43, I didn’t care much for them either, got the 365, but the damn magazines are to hard to load for me, switched to the Ruger Max-9, and I don’t like being called a liberal just because I like and shoot Glocks, that’s the problem today, people always want to label others, mostly it’s the internet tough guys who live in mommies basement, also just because some like Glocks, doesn’t mean your in a cult, what about the Sig guys, the HK guys, are they in a cult to?

A better question is, why more people aren't like Bob?
I would be if I could figure out how to attach jumper cables to my pacemaker. As it is I just have to go listen to some Faron Young and Ray Price LPs till my mead stops spinning.
1710601174962.png

I to tried the smaller G42 and G43, I didn’t care much for them either, got the 365, but the damn magazines are to hard to load for me, switched to the Ruger Max-9, and I don’t like being called a liberal just because I like and shoot Glocks, that’s the problem today, people always want to label others, mostly it’s the internet tough guys who live in mommies basement, also just because some like Glocks, doesn’t mean your in a cult, what about the Sig guys, the HK guys, are they in a cult to?
i like many guns, but i may not buy many, just cuz i like'em. after all, as it is, i have been selling off quite a few as it is now.

there are some guns i'd rather not buy, but others do and that's ok with me. (case in point, Hi Point)

i try not to be a "gun snob" or label anyone for what they buy, and i too really do not appreciate the put downs by some, for what others buy, simply cuz it does not fit thier perception of what good gun is to a great gun, to a shite poor gun.

we all have our own tastes, and budgets.

if i can shoot my G-17 as well as one of my 1911's (and i do too) then it was a good day at the range.

"bling" is for those that are self centered and have no regard for others feelings, as they aren't as important as themselves.

but to single out 1 gun company for "most returned", leaves many unanswered questions, when those questions are NOT included in the story, or people totally ignore them, for thier own agenda.

Several factors brought Glock into prominence. They hit the market right when American LE was looking for better firepower in the drug wars. SIG was the premium pistol of the day, followed by the S&W DA/SA pistols, but SIGs were expensive and the federal agencies were among the few that could afford them. S&W had some durability issues in the time. Along comes Glock with a durable, reliable, and CHEAP alternative. Agencies feeling pressure to re-arm saw the Glock as a compelling budget alternative when facing massive buys of replacement handguns. Glock's strategy was to get Glocks into the hands of American LE, knowing that would lead to massve profits from the American civilian market. I had Glock reps trying to give me Glocks and they sold many at a loss. Glock's marketing program was unprecedented, no holds barred to shove American manufacturers aside, and U.S. compnies were caught flat footed. The Glock culture took hold and many adherents took to them with an almost religious fervor.

As a trainer I never liked Glocks because of the ergonomics and heard that complaint from many fellow instructors. They had a major safety flaw in the early days that was mostly overcome by training and increasing the trigger pull.

I have to say that Glocks are exceptionally reliable. As a factory trained armorer I rarely saw one that had failed from other than abuse or bad maintenance.

When SIG came along with the P320, the US military and many agencies jumped to SIG for the ergonomics. I am convinced that much of the safety controversey surrounding the P320 is Glock propoganda.

I owned a number of Glocks in my training business because so many of my clients carried them. I tried to like them, but could never get used to the grip. The ergonomics issues persisted. When I closed my training business during the pandemic, I sold my Glocks because I would never use them or carry them. And started acquiring more 1911's and SIGs.

I like all guns large, small, any manufacture..well maybe except for a couple. have owned many different name brands and still own some manufactures no longer in business or wasn't well known. all of them have their quirks and advantages. maybe some more than others. all of them have put out models that needed work, all of them. most have admitted it and recalled them, some won't admit their product may ne defective. I kid around sometimes but don't hold a grudge against any of them.

As we all know no matter how hard they strive to make quality and fine looking firearms like Hi Point, they will never succeed.

I like all guns large, small, any manufacture..well maybe except for a couple. have owned many different name brands and still own some manufactures no longer in business or wasn't well known. all of them have their quirks and advantages. maybe some more than others. all of them have put out models that needed work, all of them. most have admitted it and recalled them, some won't admit their product may ne defective. I kid around sometimes but don't hold a grudge against any of them.

As we all know no matter how hard they strive to make quality and fine looking firearms like Hi Point, they will never succeed.
I to like all guns, I actually do own and shoot Glock pistol’s, it was the first polymer gun I shot and liked it, but I also have Sigs, XD’s and many 1911’s, I just harass some on here with all the Glock stuff I post, I do it as just messin with other members here, but I don’t label others or accuse them of being in cults cause they like certain guns, some pick on me with Glock stuff so I pick in them with HK stuff, HK is just not for me, like I said I have owned them in the past like I owned M&P’s which also I not fond of, haven’t tried the 2.0 models yet.

Full Disclosure, I carry a Glock 19 Also, the only modification I've made to my Glock was factory steel sights.

This is one of those write a book or say nothing topics.

The first thing I have to say is that when I see a video from GFG I generally scroll right past it. That guy just doesn't click with me. But I sat down and watched this one before commenting.

The first thing I have to ask is how do you track "returns"? I have never been in a gun shop that takes returns. I've never been in a gun shop where there isn't a sign on the wall somewhere that says "All sales are final". So what exactly does he mean when he says "Return"? What database is he getting his information on "Returns" from?

Glocks and no "safety".

Pick any 5 cop shows at random and watch them.

Pay close attention to the gun handling. You will see actors throughout the entire episode with their fingers on the trigger. It's common even though there's not a reputable gun trainer anywhere that will teach you to carry a gun like that.

I would say that an overwhelming majority of gun owners in the United States buy a gun with absolutely no prior training. They know nothing about guns except what they see on TV and what they see on TV is a bunch of idiots running around with their finger on the trigger.

There's your accidental discharge with a Glock.

I was bringing my Smith & Wesson 6906 home from the gunsmiths one day when I ran into my neighbor. We got to talking and I showed him the gun which was still in the box. He picked the gun up out of the box put the barrel against his hand and pulled the trigger four or five times.

It never occurred to him to check to make sure that gun was unloaded. It never occurred to him that pointing a gun at your hand and pulling the trigger wasn't something that a smart person did.

I know that somebody's going to tell me that it was my responsibility to stop him from doing it and I don't disagree but it happened too fast. I can tell you that I never let him touch another one of my guns after that.

I absolutely agree that a Glock, or any other SFA gun, is a horrible choice for people like that.

Most of the other objections are things I don't care about. I haven't bought a gun since 2018. I don't care about micro nines or ugly guns. I don't care about "Glock Culture".

I'm not going to lie, I really wasn't a fan of plastic guns when I bought my first SFA gun (which was an M&P9 by the way) but I got used to it.

I don't really have anything to say in closing except that I think that video was just him picking a controversial topic to get hits which I'm sure makes him money.

Last edited:
I to like all guns, I actually do own and shoot Glock pistol’s, it was the first polymer gun I shot and liked it, but I also have Sigs, XD’s and many 1911’s, I just harass some on here with all the Glock stuff I post, I do it as just messin with other members here, but I don’t label others or accuse them of being in cults cause they like certain guns, some pick on me with Glock stuff so I pick in them with HK stuff, HK is just not for me, like I said I have owned them in the past like I owned M&P’s which also I not fond of, haven’t tried the 2.0 models yet.
Somebody gotta talk a little trash around here to liven the place up. :ROFLMAO:

Back