testtest

For you bike folks....

Pikes Peak Motorcycle Lap record - 2019

Rennie completed the Hill Climb in a new outright record of 9:44.963, a record that was instantly under threat from Carlin Dunne, until his fatal accident near The Summit.
We were there in 2021 at the summit for a hike.
Summit Bus driver said a bike in the race cleared the top of the trees. They never found skid marks. Helicopter found the bike awhile later almost 1/2 mile down the slope. 😳😳😱😱

Several motorcycle accidents this past week during the Pikes Peak practice runs.

The main race is this coming Sunday (26th). There is online coverage.

Alsom several (side-car) fatalities at the Idle of Mann this year.

In my younger days I rode my motorcycles hard up to and including my last 2005 Honda GoldWing.
The last 50 thousand miles on that bike I dialed it back considerably as I enjoyed just touring.

C656406A-2341-44F8-9F42-4B5D07D5F517.jpeg

Although the video was entertaining definitely not for me.

My biking days ended when I didn't have enough feeling in one leg to know if my foot was on the peg or not. I did speed with caution and tried not to enter the crazy zone. I used to commute when it was dark and it was amazing what you see on the road at 75 mph, like ladders and furniture. I used to be way past the objects by the time my brain registered what they were. Just a little high speed slaloms on the Interstate. My greatest fear was driving in winter when the idiot car drivers had a circle cleared on their windshield and changed lanes at will. My most retained life lesson was that they are all out to get you.

Yeah, I just got in the ole hog game about a month ago. Still trying to figure out what Bikie Gang I want to join.
I got about a 45 to 50 mile round trip commute and with gas prices what they are my Tundra was killing me. The Honda Navi is new to the US, and meets my need for moderately paced speed. Msrp of 2850 and 100 plus miles mpg it was stupid not to.
776C8C6D-4FDC-4583-B7F4-45D9E0A6314D.jpeg

I was hell on wheels for my first 30 years of biking. I bought all sorts of machines, the first a '67 Honda CL350, used in 1968, didn't even have a license. A Norton 850 Commando, a Triumph 650 TR6, a '77 XLCH, an '81 KZ1000J, various play bikes and scramblers, an old DT 250 I tried to hill climb (fell down the mountain, ripping my pants) and the biggest of all a 1999 Yam Roadstar.. I looved that big girl, bumped her horsepower to 72 at the rear wheel ( a lot for this model) and rode it for 14 years, selling it in 2014. My worsening arthritis made me ride less and less, I did have a little Kawi I rode for a while but it was a torture rack so it's gone now.
Here's the Roadie, pics from the last ride on her. It was a long time project that I was stupid to let go.
Mucho money and work that you can't see in a picture. Mongo sad.

Attachments

• 1999 yam.jpg
    1999 yam.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 08 07 14 last ride 003.jpg
    08 07 14 last ride 003.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 72
Made my first haul today with the hog, incase you were wondering the storage holds at least 35 boxes of 223. Picked these up for 5 a box.
D01B3BC5-FBB1-4B81-AB22-095DEA65A980.jpeg

I even picked up a little lunch, tied the bag to the handle bars……seems legit. (Only went across the street)

7348954D-EDEA-4963-9B46-CD0F947B5B25.jpeg

Made my first haul today with the hog, incase you were wondering the storage holds at least 35 boxes of 223. Picked these up for 5 a bo

I even picked up a little lunch, tied the bag to the handle bars……seems legit. (Only went across the street)
XD that Navi is slick. Thinking often of how much longer I can go with my heavy bagger and maybe get something smaller and lighter to maneuver around town with. Honda always reliable but the Nav a bit too small for my frame!

Made my first haul today with the hog, incase you were wondering the storage holds at least 35 boxes of 223. Picked these up for 5 a box.View attachment 28386

View attachment 28387
Nice ride !
Its 105 here. I’d hate to be on a bike going home from work in rush hour/concrete/105 !😱

I was hell on wheels for my first 30 years of biking. I bought all sorts of machines, the first a '67 Honda CL350, used in 1968, didn't even have a license. A Norton 850 Commando, a Triumph 650 TR6, a '77 XLCH, an '81 KZ1000J, various play bikes and scramblers, an old DT 250 I tried to hill climb (fell down the mountain, ripping my pants) and the biggest of all a 1999 Yam Roadstar.. I looved that big girl, bumped her horsepower to 72 at the rear wheel ( a lot for this model) and rode it for 14 years, selling it in 2014. My worsening arthritis made me ride less and less, I did have a little Kawi I rode for a while but it was a torture rack so it's gone now.
Here's the Roadie, pics from the last ride on her. It was a long time project that I was stupid to let go.
Mucho money and work that you can't see in a picture. Mongo sad.
I couldn't afford to insure a car in college in the 90's, so I started riding bikes as my every day transportation. I went to law school as an adult in 2009 in the middle of the first huge gas price spike, so I resumed riding bikes. I've owned some great bikes (Honda CB750, BMW R60/S w/ Toaster Tank, Ducati 750 Sport, Buell XB12R, Harley Dyna Street Bob) and some not so great bikes (Buell Cafe Racer, Honda 400 Hawk Hondamatic). At some point in time I've found myself missing all of them, even the ones that were complete dogs.

I traded the Street Bob and XB12R in 2017 for a 2007 H-D Electra Glide Classic that the previous owner sank way too much money into customizing. I thought I would take up touring, but wasn't willing to risk $30k on buying a new touring bike. It was a good call because life has stayed too busy to ever do any real touring. I may start commuting on the Electra Glide to save some gas, but I'm really fighting the urge to trade for a new Royal Enfield Continental or Aprilia 660 Tuono.

The Electra Glide is definitely more age-appropriate, but I've always had more fun riding physically smaller bikes. I've always enjoyed pushing a midsize engine to its limit, more than having to hold back a more powerful engine. I guess I'm one of those guys who prefers to make a slow bike go fast rather than make a fast bike go slow.

WMG- My girlfriend's son had a 1200cc Buell of some sort, I had a fun ride on it one time. The thing was free revving and pulled wheelies with a twist of the wrist. I know the attraction of riding a simpler, smaller bike. If I had the disposable cabbage I'd see about a RE myself. They look comfortable for day rides and simple, somehow they appeal to the British bike bug that bit me as a kid. A new Triumph would be expensive and some of their features seem unnecessary to an old fogie like me. Riding modes, throttle by wire, ABS, slipper clutch, encoded anti-theft key, liquid cooling and there's no dealer within 50 miles. All I need is enough power and a slick gearbox. I'm sure I could herd one through the twisties at a good clip. The REs have it going on.

Back