testtest

Foregrip installation question

I just got my Saint Victor AR-15 rifle and want to add a foregrip. Do I need to take the handguard off to do this? Also if its a verticle grip can it be a magpul MOE or does it need to be M-lok? sorry, new to this.
Welcome to the forum. M-lok is your best choice and no you don’t need to remove the handguard. I will say angled grips are becoming very popular instead of a vertical grip, they offer a more natural hand/wrist alignment to the grip. Magpul makes them as well.

Depending on shooting position angle is more comfortable. If you mount it where you can rest your elbow(@45 degree angle) against your torso you can get better stability. Only a suggestion or choice? Elbow down aids to down force as compared to elbow out. Tighter and more compact position, for me anyway.

Depending on shooting position angle is more comfortable. If you mount it where you can rest your elbow(@45 degree angle) against your torso you can get better stability. Only a suggestion or choice? Elbow down aids to down force as compared to elbow out. Tighter and more compact position, for me anyway.
Agreed, this is somewhat why I suggested the AFG, it promotes an elbow down position without causing an
“Over time” soar wrist from a standard FG you definitely said it better.

Agreed, this is somewhat why I suggested the AFG, it promotes an elbow down position without causing an
“Over time” soar wrist from a standard FG you definitely said it better.

I totally agree the Magpul AFG is great for elbow position and shoulder fit. It's cakewalk 5 minute install. I
I have one on my IWI Zion 15. As I fire LOTS of rounds, I added a few heat shields on both the right and left sides.

Zion_15.JPG
e

I totally agree the Magpul AFG is great for elbow position and shoulder fit. It's cakewalk 5 minute install. I
I have one on my IWI Zion 15. As I fire LOTS of rounds, I added a few heat shields on both the right and left sides.

View attachment 12165e

I have given a lot of consideration to buying one of these Zions. How do you like it?

Personally, I prefer no handguard on a carbine, butI probably would on something with a longer barrel. And I absolutely would avoid a vertical grip at all costs.

I have given a lot of consideration to buying one of these Zions. How do you like it?

Personally, I prefer no handguard on a carbine, butI probably would on something with a longer barrel. And I absolutely would avoid a vertical grip at all costs.

It feels as solid as solid can be. I have always been an admirer of Israel's military weapons going back to when I saw my first UZI back in the '70's in the Judean Desert. Their quality is second to none. The recoil is hardly noticeable, the weight is good at around 6.5 pounds. It was quick to sight in with a red dot and then never strayed. My best friend is an old Nam vet and he's stayed clear of shooting any sort of rifle because of shoulder issues. He was with me at the range and noticed how little the recoil was. I asked him if he wanted to try it. Was that a mistake! All I wound up doing was loading 30 round clips for him as he did the unleashing! The smile on his face afterward said it all. Now he's getting one. I have to agree with reviewers, it's built like a tank.

After trying both, I actually prefer a VFG.

You can easiy usybit like an AFG like a VFG, if you want.

IME a VFG kinda gets in the way. I considered one of the ones that folds up but they just don't seem that stable to me. An angled handstop wouldn't get in the way, but I fail to see the advantage unless you are putting so many rounds through it that it gets too hot to grab the hand guard.

After trying both, I actually prefer a VFG.

You can easiy usybit like an AFG like a VFG, if you want.
I tend to agree with you Hans. I like to do bench shooting at my outdoor range, and my AR rifles are equipped with bi-pods and 5 position Vertical Grips. I not only find them solid and steady, but I feel I get a better grip when trying for precision shots. Now for my AR Pistols, I prefer an angel grip for any CQB movements that might be required, which several of my pistols are potentially set up for (Which I might add, I hope I'll never have to use them as). In this set up, AFGs just feel better to me, allowing for a comfortable "C" clamp grip of the AR pistol. Just my opinion, nothing more.

I tend to agree with you Hans. I like to do bench shooting at my outdoor range, and my AR rifles are equipped with bi-pods and 5 position Vertical Grips. I not only find them solid and steady, but I feel I get a better grip when trying for precision shots. Now for my AR Pistols, I prefer an angel grip for any CQB movements that might be required, which several of my pistols are potentially set up for (Which I might add, I hope I'll never have to use them as). In this set up, AFGs just feel better to me, allowing for a comfortable "C" clamp grip of the AR pistol. Just my opinion, nothing more.
What Vertical Grip do you have?

What Vertical Grip do you have?
I have several Leapers UTG 5 position Vertical grips and when I can't find them, I've bought ATI 3 position Vertical Grips. They're not overly expensive and work for me. I have over 20 different caliber ARs, and when it comes to supplying each with scopes and Bi-pods, V-Grips, rail covers and sometimes quad rails, I try to keep things simple. I've bought them at Midway USA and Optics Planet, etc.

I have several Leapers UTG 5 position Vertical grips and when I can't find them, I've bought ATI 3 position Vertical Grips. They're not overly expensive and work for me. I have over 20 different caliber ARs, and when it comes to supplying each with scopes and Bi-pods, V-Grips, rail covers and sometimes quad rails, I try to keep things simple. I've bought them at Midway USA and Optics Planet, etc.
List of calibers for a better understanding of such? Even at 20 different cartridges that's nuts, but awesome at that!

List of calibers for a better understanding of such? Even at 20 different cartridges that's nuts, but awesome at that!
Well, I could have phrased that better. I don’t have 20 ARs all in different calibers, but several different calibers of ARs, mostly 223/5.56. They are made up of carbines & pistols (V-Grips not on pistols obviously). The point I was making was with this many plus the accessories I put on each, it makes it cost prohibitive to spend top dollar on each accessory especially For a vertical hand grip that I just need to help stabilize the platform. As I mentioned, most are 223/5.56 by different manufacturers (S&W, Bushmaster, Ruger, Springfield Armory, etc) and both in carbine & pistol format. Off the top of my head the other calibers are 50 Beowulf, 458 Socom, 450 Bushmaster, 6.8 Spc, 6.5 Grendel, 350 Legend, 224 Valkyrie, 223 Wylde, several 300 Blackout (both pistol & carbine). The cost for each all adds up, I neglected to mention additional accessories such as swapping in beefier stocks for the larger calibers, and better pistol braces for the pistols. And this is just the added costs for the AR platform not including costs for other rifles & many other handguns.

Back