testtest

Forum members please complete the poll

Who has "carry insurance"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Done. US Law Shield covers me for criminal, civil, interstate, and bail for less than $200 per year. The local attorneys who would defend me are all experienced in 2A defense and have successfully litigated many local, state, and federal cases. I can't speak to those in other states but would think they are also experienced given the caliber of those in my area whom I know personally.

Well, we have had many, MANY SD shootings in Missouri. Can you point me to a single example of someone in Missouri being charged after a justified shooting?

I understand that we are not talking strictly Missouri here so I understand completely where everyone else is coming from. I only speak to my own situation. I have actually had the conversation with my lawyer about these insurance companies. He's a former prosecutor.
Correct. It is different all over depending on how liberal your area/prosecutors are. You mention "after" justified shooting. Who determines this? The police? Good like with that. Our Police department did a half ass investigation, and had thier mind made up not even knowing the situation. He had 3 sec. to decide to defend himself or become a victim of violence. I don't believe in the insurance, I'm stating more to the point that "be prepared" to defend yourself legally after the incident.

I might add look at the Coloskys (sp) in your neck ofvthe woods. They had every right and still got charged...... Granted now most dropped, and only ended up with a fine. PS: You better vote for him. Lol

Correct. It is different all over depending on how liberal your area/prosecutors are. You mention "after" justified shooting. Who determines this? The police? Good like with that. Our Police department did a half ass investigation, and had thier mind made up not even knowing the situation. He had 3 sec. to decide to defend himself or become a victim of violence. I don't believe in the insurance, I'm stating more to the point that "be prepared" to defend yourself legally after the incident.

I might add look at the Coloskys (sp) in your neck ofvthe woods. They had every right and still got charged...... Granted now most dropped, and only ended up with a fine. PS: You better vote for him. Lol
I wouldn't vote for that idiot if my life depended on it. You need to remember that happened in STL and during a re-election campaign for the most corrupt liberal the city has ever seen. I work closely with STL police and none of them thought they should be charged. Furthermore the governor is probably going to pardon them even though they were only charged with misdemeanors. By the way, prosecutors decide who gets charged not police. And we also have the 2A Preservation Act, extended Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground. No cops are going to be infringing on gun rights.

I wouldn't vote for that idiot if my life depended on it. You need to remember that happened in STL and during a re-election campaign for the most corrupt liberal the city has ever seen. I work closely with STL police and none of them thought they should be charged. Furthermore the governor is probably going to pardon them even though they were only charged with misdemeanors. By the way, prosecutors decide who gets charged not police. And we also have the 2A Preservation Act, extended Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground. No cops are going to be infringing on gun rights.
Well, your wrong and they did. Please post hear after your arrested for using your gun. Mmmmmkay

Well, your wrong and they did. Please post hear after your arrested for using your gun. Mmmmmkay
I don't mean to turn this into a debate. The question is insurance. NoI do not beleive in it (where we agree). Were we dont, is do not think your above the law or think you are in full control of a stituation when you have seconds to decide. I'm glad you got cop buddies, ya for you. Most if us don't, and using your gun ANYTIME is cause for a legal issue. Its sad but true. Its not always cut and dry that its "self-defense" in the laws eyes. Yes the prosecutor charges you, but the police charge you with the charge, prosecutor only decides to move on it or not.
It may be "self-defense" in your eyes ( as we think it is in our case, but the "law" says otherwise).
And you made my point in your last response, thank you.

Truth like the cops charge you and then prosecutors decide to take it further ? lol

Cops arrest you, they don't charge you. Prosecutors do. Period.

Wrong, cops charge you with the crime/offense. The prosecutor decides if the "charge" (that the cops imposed) fits the crime.

Truth like the cops charge you and then prosecutors decide to take it further ? lol

Cops arrest you, they don't charge you. Prosecutors do. Period.
When you get pulled over for speeding does the prosecutor "charge" you with a ticket? No the police charge you with speeding, you can fight it in court

"A criminal case usually gets started with a police arrest report. The prosecutor then decides what criminal charges to file, if any. Police officers arrest suspects, but prosecutors decide whether to file formal charges against suspects."

I always try to side on the side of caution, better to have and not need then to need and not have.

P.S. I'm enjoying the robust debate.

Back