testtest

FYI Winchester Ammo recall

Brass or aluminum?
brass, which surprised me.

to this day, i cannot ever recall any Blazer ammo i bought, being in aluminum casings.

just maybe 3 or 4 boxes, that i bought sometime last year, during the "height?" of the pandemic buying craze.

otherwise, i had bought like 1,000 rnds, from an online company, (before the panic SHTF), with no issues at all.

to this day, i cannot ever recall any Blazer ammo i bought, being in aluminum casings.

just maybe 3 or 4 boxes, that i bought sometime last year, during the "height?" of the pandemic buying craze.

otherwise, i had bought like 1,000 rnds, from an online company, (before the panic SHTF), with no issues at all.
I suppose it doesn't surprise or alarm me. Those things can obviously happen with any ammo. I don't think it happens enough to be much of a consideration, do you ?

I suppose it doesn't surprise or alarm me. Those things can obviously happen with any ammo. I don't think it happens enough to be much of a consideration, do you ?
i still buy Blazer, .45ACP, 9MM, and (.38 special, when that is available.)

given the amounts of ammo bought, over a "few" bad ones, maybe not. happens more, then, time to switch brands.
even my reloader supplier, had many issues last year, and into this year....hard primers, cracked casings (.38 specials), (that he missed and put into the boxes), and downright duds....(all his calibers)

now, i just do not buy much (other than an occasional .45 ACP) from him....

i still buy Blazer, .45ACP, 9MM, and (.38 special, when that is available.)

given the amounts of ammo bought, over a "few" bad ones, maybe not. happens more, then, time to switch brands.
even my reloader supplier, had many issues last year, and into this year....hard primers, cracked casings (.38 specials), (that he missed and put into the boxes), and downright duds....(all his calibers)

now, i just do not buy much (other than an occasional .45 ACP) from him....

I'm not suggesting a course of action for anyone, just relaying what I do and what has worked for me. I reload for .357 Mag, .44 Mag and 12 and 20 gauge. I have had one or two improperly sized casings in the .357s my dad loads and they would not fit into the cylinder, other than that, no problems.

As for other calibers, when I was very young I bought a Makarov .380. First time out with it I had bought a box of "Remanufactured" ammo. Luckily I was paying attention because a couple shots in I got a squib. I took my gun and the remaining rounds back to the store I bought the ammo from and they removed the squib and gave me a box of factory ammo and an apology. I have never once bought reloads for semi automatics again. A couple years ago I bought my first 9mm. A Walther Q5 Match. My son in law gave me a baggie full of 9mm rounds his allegedly competent friend reloaded. He claims to never have had a bad one. First mag, the first two rounds would not fire. I gave him his bag of shite back and renewed my rule about shooting reloads in semi automatics.

The recent ammo debacle has me thinking about reloading for .45 especially, but also 9mm and .40. At least if I do it myself I have a little more control over the end product. I don't think I will reload those calibers, but I do think I will stock up on the stuff I need to reload those calibers in the event of another ammo shortage.

I also don't buy factory ammo from weird brands I never heard of, steel cased ammo or anything by Fiocci.

This post contains within it the only instances of any ammo issues I have ever had over the course of 35 years. And I shoot a lot.

I'm not suggesting a course of action for anyone, just relaying what I do and what has worked for me. I reload for .357 Mag, .44 Mag and 12 and 20 gauge. I have had one or two improperly sized casings in the .357s my dad loads and they would not fit into the cylinder, other than that, no problems.

As for other calibers, when I was very young I bought a Makarov .380. First time out with it I had bought a box of "Remanufactured" ammo. Luckily I was paying attention because a couple shots in I got a squib. I took my gun and the remaining rounds back to the store I bought the ammo from and they removed the squib and gave me a box of factory ammo and an apology. I have never once bought reloads for semi automatics again. A couple years ago I bought my first 9mm. A Walther Q5 Match. My son in law gave me a baggie full of 9mm rounds his allegedly competent friend reloaded. He claims to never have had a bad one. First mag, the first two rounds would not fire. I gave him his bag of shite back and renewed my rule about shooting reloads in semi automatics.

The recent ammo debacle has me thinking about reloading for .45 especially, but also 9mm and .40. At least if I do it myself I have a little more control over the end product. I don't think I will reload those calibers, but I do think I will stock up on the stuff I need to reload those calibers in the event of another ammo shortage.

I also don't buy factory ammo from weird brands I never heard of, steel cased ammo or anything by Fiocci.

This post contains within it the only instances of any ammo issues I have ever had over the course of 35 years. And I shoot a lot.
that would be the plan i am working on, reloading for .45 ACP only...at first...then get into 9mm, later.

since i have revolvers that shoot .38 special/357 mag, and not all that often, i can buy those new.

I reload for 10mm just for the cost savings and I am VERY careful for the same reasons you don't but remain. I'm confident I can tell the difference between a squib and a full-power 10mm going off. I wouldn't do it for 9mm or .40. I'd also never use someone else's reloads, for the same reasons as you.

It just so happened that I was in Cabela's on Friday hoping to purchase the XDM-E OSP 9mm. The show cases were 80% full of all major manufacturers. Very different from my visit 2 months previous. I held it and to my dismay I did not like the grip or weight and asked to see the XDS Mod 2 9mm. I immediately fell in love. It was like this was custom made just for me. While I was waiting for my background check I purchased 3 boxes of 100 round value packs one of which was Winchester 9mm 115 grain FMJ. As I was cruising the threads minutes ago I came across this recall. my lot number SK81L12. No recall.

Sorry for the rant.

9mm, 45, 38, 22 and ample inventory of most rifle ammo. 380 ( I'm very low) was only available in bulk pack 500 and I didn't want to take the chance that my Glock 42 would like it. Prices are abit elevated but supply trumps price for me.

Back