testtest

Gaston Glock Dies at 94 Years Old

I was one of the first LEO's in my county to carry a Glock product for duty. For the longest time I was the butt of many jokes, oh made by mattel, made by lego, put your leftover lunch in the tupperware shipping box and so on. And now a lot of those ass busters are carrying what now ? Glocks. Now don't get me wrong I have pistols from a lot of different companies out there and love a lot of em. But I only seen 2 Glocks in 33 years of being a LEO ever having to be sent back due to difficulties and YES they work in all conditions. Trust me my duty weapons have seen the gamut of just about everything...
i had posted this picture before, but the camera i had back then, did not focus like this one.

this is my first G-17, Gen 4.

the trigger was "hard" to pull, compared to the rental i was learning on, at the range.

when i field stripped it, i could see the trigger bar was rubbing up against the "rub nubs??" of the frame. this was due to the frame as you can see, was "sunken in", at that area. i could have just as easily sent it back to Glock, but i thought, oh well, why not at least try something......??

this led me into learning on my own..."some smithing" which to this day certainly has panned out for me.
1703771279955.png

so i took a fine file and SLOWLY filed them down, i think there was like 4 nubs??

after that, the trigger was buttery smooth.

i have had this G-17 now, going on nearly 3 years, it is my back up home gun, and has now over 3,000 rounds thru it.

i had completely dissembled it, cleaned out the extractor channel/tube as well as the striker tube/channel.

i made a few changes, like the trigger connector, drop safety (for the rounded one), and the trigger springs..i had also replaced the controls like slide release and slide lock for extended ones, for easier gripping

if i recall, i got the trigger pull down to like 2 pounds.

best darned 1st gun i ever bought, and when i was buying this, i was also simultaneously buying my 1st CZ 75 B, at another LGS, so to me, and me only, both guns are my 1st....

that's MY story, and i'm sticking to it.

this "disgusting" few lines from some (most likely) anti-2A numbnut..

Man who made billions out of death and killing dies at the age of 94​

Story by Sarah Hooper • 4h

The Austrian developer of one of the world’s most famous handguns died yesterday at the age of 94.

Gaston Glock, a ‘reclusive’ engineer, formed the Glock company in 1963 in Deutsch-Wagram, nearby Vienna.

The Glock company announced his death yesterday saying that their founder ‘not only revolutionised the world of small arms in the 1980s, but also succeeded in establishing the Glock brand as the global leader in the handgun industry’.

It is unknown exactly how many people have died as a result of Glock handguns.

Glock handguns are used by police and some countries’ military forces, as well as privately.

The weapon was significantly lighter, cheaper, and more reliable than the models available when it was created.

But many gun control advocates criticised Mr Glock for popularising powerful guns that they said were easy to conceal and could hold more ammunition than other guns.

The first mass shooting believed to involve a Glock handgun was in 1991 when George Jo Hennard shot 24 people and injured 27. He fired two guns, including a Glock 17, at diners in Luby’s Cafeteria, Killeen, Texas.

The Austrian developer of one of the world’s most famous handguns died yesterday at the age of 94.

Gaston Glock, a ‘reclusive’ engineer, formed the Glock company in 1963 in Deutsch-Wagram, nearby Vienna.

The Glock company announced his death yesterday saying that their founder ‘not only revolutionised the world of small arms in the 1980s, but also succeeded in establishing the Glock brand as the global leader in the handgun industry’.

Glock handguns are used by police and some countries’ military forces, as well as privately.

The weapon was significantly lighter, cheaper, and more reliable than the models available when it was created.

But many gun control advocates criticised Mr Glock for popularising powerful guns that they said were easy to conceal and could hold more ammunition than other guns.

The first mass shooting believed to involve a Glock handgun was in 1991 when George Jo Hennard shot 24 people and injured 27. He fired two guns, including a Glock 17, at diners in Luby’s Cafeteria, Killeen, Texas.

You knew it was coming!!!!

Plus you read that on MSN, there just as bad or worse then CNN, if I watch any news, I watch FOX, but I recently subscribed to the Washington Examiner magazine, completely unbiased publication.

OK, lady. If I accept your premise that "x" number of people have lost their lives to a Glock, you must then accept mine that there are an even greater number who are still alive because of the presence of one. You will then reply that this can't be proven statistically.

Then the debate comes back to the age old argument that we can't quantify deterrence. I am not allowed to make such an argument that deterrence is a real thing. Yet your side should be free to extrapolate the existence of a firearm equating to the commission of a crime? This writer assumes the same lazy, intellectually dishonest position that is prevalent among the anti-gun fascists.

Interesting how the anti-gun crowd will use the death of a human being as another opportunity to reiterate their tired cries for gun confiscation and restriction. What a depraved and evil lot.

The irony in the Luby's incident is that it was a catalyst for concealed weapons licensing laws becoming popular. One woman who was in the restaurant with her parents testified that to comply with existing state law she had left her pistol in her car. She testified that she may have been able to stop it if armed. Hennard was armed with a Glock 17 and a Ruger P89.

Hennard was a U.S. Navy vet and former Merchant Mariner who was a racist and mysoginist. It seems he was targeting women. He killed himself.

Tha article fails to mention what might have happened if he "only" had a revolver or shotgun.

Very good article! Thanks for posting

Good links to, thanks Talyn!

Back