testtest

Gear-up bag Bait and Switch?

Was on the fence between the Sig P365 and Springfield Hellcat (admittedly leaning more towards the Hellcat). Seeing the gear up promotion definitely made me spring for the hellcat. I mean 3 mags (considering there's no such thing as aftermarket hellcat mags, and they're not cheap) and the range bag.

Considering my current rifle bag is packed pretty full on range days with a Kel-Tec SU-16C in 5.56 and a suppressed SBR in 300 BLK and the outer pouch filled with multiple different mags so I don't mix up ammo, a seperate range bag for my pistols is definately what I needed (a Gen4 G19 and my new hellcat).

My brother ordered his hellcat 2 weeks before I did, I had to wait till the following payday... bills and stuff. He got his mags and range bag. The range bag is pretty sweet. I was kinda stoked, it was way better than I was expecting. About 2 weeks later I get my package from Springfield. I am quite surprised. Estimated 8-12 weeks for processing, but I got it in 5 weeks. Sweet. That's where I was a bit disappointed. I open it and I pull out this hideous contraption along with a letter. In the letter they explain that 'due to supply issues' they substituted the range bag with a folio, and since the MSRP for the range bag and the folio were the same, 'We're good'. IMHO they were not nearly equivalent.

The folio was much lower quality than the range bag. As far as I'm concerned the folio is only good for putting your pistol(s) into before you toss the folio into another bag. Pretty useless to me. For that I'd just use some velcro cinch straps in my rifle bag (if I had space) to strap in my pistols and toss my pistol mags in next to them.

I ended up giving my folio away to someone that didn't have anything at all for their gear. I would have been willing to wait 2-3 months for their 'supply chain' issue to resolve. It's whatever at that point. Whatever, I'll just buy a proper range bag. What really irked me was that they were still promoting the range bag knowing they wouldn't be able to fulfill it.

BTW I do love my Hellcat, still happy with it and the mags that came with it.

Does anyone else have a similar experience or feel the same?

Was on the fence between the Sig P365 and Springfield Hellcat (admittedly leaning more towards the Hellcat). Seeing the gear up promotion definitely made me spring for the hellcat. I mean 3 mags (considering there's no such thing as aftermarket hellcat mags, and they're not cheap) and the range bag.

Considering my current rifle bag is packed pretty full on range days with a Kel-Tec SU-16C in 5.56 and a suppressed SBR in 300 BLK and the outer pouch filled with multiple different mags so I don't mix up ammo, a seperate range bag for my pistols is definately what I needed (a Gen4 G19 and my new hellcat).

My brother ordered his hellcat 2 weeks before I did, I had to wait till the following payday... bills and stuff. He got his mags and range bag. The range bag is pretty sweet. I was kinda stoked, it was way better than I was expecting. About 2 weeks later I get my package from Springfield. I am quite surprised. Estimated 8-12 weeks for processing, but I got it in 5 weeks. Sweet. That's where I was a bit disappointed. I open it and I pull out this hideous contraption along with a letter. In the letter they explain that 'due to supply issues' they substituted the range bag with a folio, and since the MSRP for the range bag and the folio were the same, 'We're good'. IMHO they were not nearly equivalent.

The folio was much lower quality than the range bag. As far as I'm concerned the folio is only good for putting your pistol(s) into before you toss the folio into another bag. Pretty useless to me. For that I'd just use some velcro cinch straps in my rifle bag (if I had space) to strap in my pistols and toss my pistol mags in next to them.

I ended up giving my folio away to someone that didn't have anything at all for their gear. I would have been willing to wait 2-3 months for their 'supply chain' issue to resolve. It's whatever at that point. Whatever, I'll just buy a proper range bag. What really irked me was that they were still promoting the range bag knowing they wouldn't be able to fulfill it.

I would have just called Springfield customer service and told them how disappointed you were, they might have worked to make you happy.

I would have just called Springfield customer service and told them how disappointed you were, they might have worked to make you happy.
I agree !!
When I got my Springfield Range Officer Operator my mags looked horrible, one e-mail with a picture got me two new pre-packaged mags in two weeks.
Give them a try.

IMG_20171223_140128860.jpg

I bought a 10mm XD-m last July, I didn't know about the range bag and magazines when I bought it. I got the promo material and emailed my info. It took the whole 8 weeks I figured nothing would come of it, and I purchased a couple magazines from Greg Cote LLC. It did finally arrive, as promised. I considered it a bonus because I bought the pistol
before I knew about the prizes. gregcotellc.com/cart/springfield-armory-hellcat-c-131/springfield-hellcat-15-rd-9mm-factory-magazine-black-base-hc5915-p-2261.html
He has Hellcat magazines available, and at a pretty good price.
1666541364903.png
I bought the last of his 10mm magazines though...

We’re going to send you a Kleenex and what you receive is a tissue.
The ‘fine print‘ is always an out, but is what you receive considered a reasonable facsimile thereof?
Yes, a folio is not a range bag...or is it? A folio can do many things but a range bag is being specific - until it ain’t.

If you bring along a plastic bag on a jet and it’s considered carry-on luggage…and so forth.

That said, the Promo offered a “SA Dual Pistol bag with Crossed Cannon™️ logo“.
Basically, the disclaimer is a broad coverall; All rights reserved. Product Specs are subject to change without notice.

So, not being a recipient of this promotion, does the folio substitute hold 2 pistols?

Totally unacceptable on Springfield’s part, if they can’t keep up with demand they shouldn’t offer it period, me personally, I would have returned it and said no thanks!

My SA-35 and Operator 1911 both came in these Folio bags in the brown shipping box to the LGS.

Since I have 3 handgun range bags, the folios go right inside my other range bags.

Now, if I didnt have a good range bag, and this was going to be my range bag based on the promo, I would be disappointed

SA has been doing that a lot lately. I had a similar experience with a Saint Edge. It was supposed to come with sights and a competition trigger. No sights and a standard trigger. When I called them on it they said they were no longer installing sights and they were using whatever parts were available to fill orders. Highly disappointed...

I just got my email that my gear up items shipped after my two tone Hell Kitten purchase. Mags and this so called folio ? Not too happy after my SA-35 debacle and now the hits just keep on coming...
$40
I have 3 of them
Fits 3 guns , couple boxes of ammo , eye protection, etc ..
Make some lemonade out of the lemons

https://www.academy.com/p/tactical-performance™-marksmen-range-bag
7AE8BB5C-BF14-4214-95E0-6911226C70F4.jpeg

SA has been doing that a lot lately. I had a similar experience with a Saint Edge. It was supposed to come with sights and a competition trigger. No sights and a standard trigger. When I called them on it they said they were no longer installing sights and they were using whatever parts were available to fill orders. Highly disappointed...
I was going to post the same thing. Springfield has no problem substituting something like sights when the usual ones aren’t available. The folio is hardly an equitable swap for the range bag. You should have stuck with the P365. There’s a reason Sig doesn’t dangle gimmicks in front of you to buy a P365.

They save that for the big kahunas who buy Legions.

Back