testtest

Gear Up Bundle Opinions - Am I wrong?

nichord

Alpha
Wanted to see if I am in the wrong and hope this doesn't come off as bad mojo or feel like I am trying to pull something. Just purchased a new Hellcat Pro from Academy sports.
HellCat Pro Bundle
Academy had a package the included the HellCat Pro and (2) 15rd mags, eye protection, bag, and ear protection. The package is more expensive than just the HellCat Pro (HellCat Pro Pistol) at its core, so you are paying extra for the bundle that does not match the Gear Up items. These items are not the Gear Up package (3 mags and Range Bag). Other websites have the Gear Up package already included and have the same price as the Gun alone. Springfield Armory are now saying I am not eligible for the Gear Up bundle as I already have "free" stuff in my bundle that I paid extra for. I searched their website before my purchase and the bundle HCP9379BOSP-23AC does not even come up on their website, so it seems that Academy made this their number with adding extra items to the HCP9379BOSP.

My question is as I paid extra for a bundle that doesn't include the items of the Gear Up bundle. At the core of this bundle with number HCP9379BOSP-23AC (not found on the Springfield Armory website) is the HCP9379BOSP pistol that is included in the Gear Up promo. I feel as if I am being railroaded here, but wanted to get other opinions. Palmetto had the Gear Up bundle on their website as Model HCP9379BOSP-23BG and is labeled Gear Up Bundle in their description and has the matching items as the Gear Up package. Obvious that you are getting the Gear Up package with your purchase. Having paid extra for less, I am fired up to say the least. Really wanted at least one 17rd mag, but ended up with less mags and paid more. The first response email put me back as it sounded like they were like you already got free stuff, so you don't get more. I feel like I paid for other items and didn't get anything free.

My first SA pistol and in serious regrets before putting one down the tube.

Thoughts?

It's a pretty good gun, seems like an Academy issue for sure... question, what do you mean by wanting a 17 round mag? The number HCP9379BOSP-23BG come up to the Gear Up Bundle at Palmetto but comes with 4, 15 round mags. Academy's bundle number also comes with 15 rounders, where did the 17 come in? Just curious.

It's a pretty good gun, seems like an Academy issue for sure... question, what do you mean by wanting a 17 round mag? The number HCP9379BOSP-23BG come up to the Gear Up Bundle at Palmetto but comes with 4, 15 round mags. Academy's bundle number also comes with 15 rounders, where did the 17 come in? Just curious.
The Palmetto deal is valid and is the Gear Up package. Picture for them shows 4 mags but one is in the gun. The newer packages after the 17rd mag came out you get (3) 15rd and (2) 17rd mags and a gear bag with the Gear Up promo. The Academy bundle was (4) 15rd mags, eye and ear protection, and a bag and was more than the pistol alone. Not the Gear Up package thus the confusion. Basically I ended up paying more for less mags. Maybe more on Academy than Springfield. Maybe a bit on myself, but that was why I was asking. The HCP9379BOSP-23AC doesn't come up with anything on the Springfield page, so I figured it was Academy throwing some numbers on the end to show they made a bundle. Par for course for me... Just curious on others thoughts.

The problem is academy sports, i don't know how other stores are but the one here is horrible. it's like they are anti gun and sell guns. last time i tried to buy a gun there you have to talk to the manager before he signs off for you to have the gun. So the sales clerk calls the manager to come back to the area. he said he just wants to ask you a few questions. i didn't think nothing of it and he shows up and this fat sucker can barely breathe from walking back there.

He started asking me some real personal questions and i told him that's none of yer damn business. aks me what i was going to do with the gun again i said none of yer business. he then said you're not going to shoot anyone with it are you.
I told him to stick that gun in his fat ass and walked off. ain't been back since.

Latest explanation from SA says that the gun serial was part of a bundle from them that included 2 extra 15rd mags. Looks like a package for Academy with some extra free stuff that Academy is charging more for. I believe that Springfield should list all their packages on their website that contains "FREE" stuff from them so the consumer knows they should not be paying more for the package as it will not be eligible for promos. Looks like just a crap deal in the end that leaves bad mojo. I am sure once I get to the range and squeeze one off it will be happy days again. Hopefully this will leave some caution to future buyers when promos are going on. I looked and couldn't find anything that indicated it would be an issue before I purchased.

thanks for the insight
1st time i got free gear from Springfield i filled out a form online and they mailed it out, 2nd xd from LGS i got it in mail.
the 45 xd i bought at academy a few years back, was part of the promotion and all the free stuff was with the pistol box when i bought it. but academy added nothing and didnt add any costs
the one i use is in Tyler Tx and they are very pro BUY a gun. I Have purchased several from this store as well as my LGS.
i flip my LTC and fill out the form, they walk me to front of store, say have a nice day, please come back and off i go.

I don't think this has as much to do with the local Academy as it would be with the higher ups doing deals and packages. My Tulsa, OK suburb Academy is very good and very pro gun. Guys are knowledgeable and always helpful. They would not have likely known the dynamics behind whether the end product would be eligible. Springfield said select firearms and then went on to list what seems to be every model they have. Box in the kit had the right model to match. They should like re-sku the gun box to a different sku when part of a package as well.

You know when you don’t have anyone to be mad at but yourself?

This is one of those times.

1701196833364.gif

I don't think this has as much to do with the local Academy as it would be with the higher ups doing deals and packages. My Tulsa, OK suburb Academy is very good and very pro gun. Guys are knowledgeable and always helpful. They would not have likely known the dynamics behind whether the end product would be eligible. Springfield said select firearms and then went on to list what seems to be every model they have. Box in the kit had the right model to match. They should like re-sku the gun box to a different sku when part of a package as well.
i wish they had added the 1911s to the list of free stuff, i could use another free range bag :love:

I try not to get annoyed when I purchase something at full retail and it goes on sale the next day. That said, I shopped around for a gearup deal on a Hellcat Pro - found a range bag and 5 total magazines for less than what my LGS was charging for the gun and two magazines.

I try not to get annoyed when I purchase something at full retail and it goes on sale the next day. That said, I shopped around for a gearup deal on a Hellcat Pro - found a range bag and 5 total magazines for less than what my LGS was charging for the gun and two magazines.
I have had a bit more time to look at it from all angles. I value views from other perspectives as well and the comments on here help. I got a decent deal in my view either way, but ended up a bit different than I thought it would. My brother-in-law (different state) got his gun at his LGS and paid a slight bit more and walked out with gun and 5 mags (3 15rd and 2 17rd). Issue with me is bigger hands and was hoping at least one mag that was 17rd. Academy was $70 off at time so wanted to jump on it before they sold out which they did. Could have gotten the gun, bag, and 5 mags for $529 and ended up with gun and 4 15rd mags, ear cans, shooting glasses and bag for $549. If I had known up front I would have opted for the extra mag instead of ear and eye protect for $20 less. I had tested with both the 15rd and 17rd mags and felt better with the 17rd to keep my pinky from slipping off grip. Brother-in-law doesn't like the 17rd for his hands so we are going to swap mags. Problem solved and life goes on.

Either way if someone searches the forums in the future and are looking at a package gun that is not the same as the current promo, they can see that they are buying a "Promo" in Springfield's eyes even if you paid extra for the package over just the gun and will not quality for their promo event. Save the cash and buy just the gun and send off for the goods. Unless of course you are getting a good deal on the current promo that your preferred dealer has on hand.

I am thankful I am not one of the people who bought the day before a promo is announced. That really hurts! But previous searches of the forum showed they run events once or twice a year, so was waiting for it.

Wanted to see if I am in the wrong and hope this doesn't come off as bad mojo or feel like I am trying to pull something. Just purchased a new Hellcat Pro from Academy sports.
HellCat Pro Bundle
Academy had a package the included the HellCat Pro and (2) 15rd mags, eye protection, bag, and ear protection. The package is more expensive than just the HellCat Pro (HellCat Pro Pistol) at its core, so you are paying extra for the bundle that does not match the Gear Up items. These items are not the Gear Up package (3 mags and Range Bag). Other websites have the Gear Up package already included and have the same price as the Gun alone. Springfield Armory are now saying I am not eligible for the Gear Up bundle as I already have "free" stuff in my bundle that I paid extra for. I searched their website before my purchase and the bundle HCP9379BOSP-23AC does not even come up on their website, so it seems that Academy made this their number with adding extra items to the HCP9379BOSP.

My question is as I paid extra for a bundle that doesn't include the items of the Gear Up bundle. At the core of this bundle with number HCP9379BOSP-23AC (not found on the Springfield Armory website) is the HCP9379BOSP pistol that is included in the Gear Up promo. I feel as if I am being railroaded here, but wanted to get other opinions. Palmetto had the Gear Up bundle on their website as Model HCP9379BOSP-23BG and is labeled Gear Up Bundle in their description and has the matching items as the Gear Up package. Obvious that you are getting the Gear Up package with your purchase. Having paid extra for less, I am fired up to say the least. Really wanted at least one 17rd mag, but ended up with less mags and paid more. The first response email put me back as it sounded like they were like you already got free stuff, so you don't get more. I feel like I paid for other items and didn't get anything free.

Thoughts?
I bought the Hellcat Pro bundle the 1st go around last year. It came with the gun and 2 mags in the standard box ... inside a bigger box with a range bag and 3 more mags. The SA number was HCP9379BOSPGU22 but, as you can see in my SA app, SA does recognize their own bundle numbers. So you will not find any of the bundle numbers when you search their website.

It does sound more like an Academy bait & switch sneaky issue. Also, I paid the same price for the bundle as it was for just the gun at my LGS. I've never dealt with Academy and it doesn't sound like I will be either.

Lastly, I haven't seen a Hellcat Pro bundle that includes 17 round mags, just 15 rounders.

Screenshot_20231203_142855_Springfield Armory.jpg

HellCat Pro Bundle

Thoughts?

When I was at Scheels the day after Thanksgiving I noticed the the Gear Up package was $20 more than the pistol typically is ($649 vs $629). Now, I hadn’t previously been serious about buying the Gear Up package, but Scheels had a sign out advertising them for $549. So I bought one.

After all the paperwork was done I looked at the receipt and noticed “10R” at the end of the item description. So I thoroughly looked at the sign with the price and no magazine capacity was part of the advertisement. There’s a three day wait here in Colorado, so I did some research in the meantime.

The Scheels website had the Gear Up package shown with 10 and 15 round magazines, both in stock and available for pick up at my local store. So I explained the situation when I went to pick up the pistol and they swapped the package for me.

It all worked out in the end, but I’ll clarify next time before moving forward with a purchase. They still have 10 round packages at the $549 price and 15 round magazines for 15% off. I may buy another package so I have a back up Hellcat Pro.

I am sure it varies from locality as to what the LGS is purchasing. My brother-in-law bought a Hellcat Pro with Gear Up package in Kentucky and came with (1) 15rd and (1) 17rd in box. First box they pulled out for him had (2)15rd mags in box. Gear Up package had (2) 15rd and (1) 17rd mag. There is a -15 and LC package for smaller capacity mags. However it seems the newest package would include a 17rd mag and just according to old vs new stock. The -15 package shows "New" on Springfield website, so it appears they created a UPC for 15rd only mags vs 17rd. Confusing for sure. I saw that Springfield will ship Gear Up package according to jurisdiction "rules". RULES :mad:

I have one question that is slightly off topic. How even as a freelancer to SA did I not know about this app till now????? I feel that I was left in the dark about something here y’all. Not cool!!! @Bear007 thank you for accidentally letting me know about this awesome app.
There was a thread about this app a while back. Now i don't know if you sign on and look here but this is only the second or third post i've seen from you since i been here. seems like you're blaming the members here cause you didn't know about this app.

There was a thread about this app a while back. Now i don't know if you sign on and look here but this is only the second or third post i've seen from you since i been here. seems like you're blaming the members here cause you didn't know about this app.
@Belt Fed I’m just messing around and picking on my boss. I’ve been a staff member of this forum from day one. Primarily working the back end as of late. Just ask the founding members they’ll tell you.

@Belt Fed I’m just messing around and picking on my boss. I’ve been a staff member of this forum from day one. Primarily working the back end as of late. Just ask the founding members they’ll tell you.
To be honest, didn't think you were real it's been so damn long since I seen you pop up!

Back