testtest

Gen 1 XD-9 Subcompact

What specific are you looking for?

www.xdman.com
www.pistolgear.com
https://www.opticsplanet.com

and literally hundreds more places carry parts and accessories for classic XD’s

EFK for barrels. Not sure if anyone does slides; you’d most likely have to have yours milled...and tons of places can do that.

A lot of holster makers do IWB’s for XD's, as well...Galco, for one right off the top of my head.

I’m looking for recommendations for an IWB holster (side or appendix) and light (e.g. Streamlight LTR-6?) that has a light intensity between 600 - 800 lumens. Looking for compatibility between the light holster and my XD-9 subcompact.

I’m looking for recommendations for an IWB holster (side or appendix) and light (e.g. Streamlight LTR-6?) that has a light intensity between 600 - 800 lumens. Looking for compatibility between the light holster and my XD-9 subcompact.
I really like Vedder holsters, if you are looking for a Kydex. There are plenty of other great brands out there though.

I just received a torch for my XD sucompact. It doesn’t seem to mount to the light rail. I thought the XD rail specs were 1913...anyone on this forum have practical experience with this issue. If so, I would appreciate recommendations/solutions.

If I remember correctly, there were very limited light options for the 9SC. I don’t think it’s a Picatinny rail, though.

I just received a torch for my XD sucompact. It doesn’t seem to mount to the light rail. I thought the XD rail specs were 1913...anyone on this forum have practical experience with this issue. If so, I would appreciate recommendations/solutions.
I have an Olight PL-2 Mini Valkarie, which fits XD-S Mod.2 9mm and XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact. Note. I had to use the Glock insert, because the Picatinny was too large and would not work.

I have an Olight PL-2 Mini Valkarie, which fits XD-S Mod.2 9mm and XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact. Note. I had to use the Glock insert, because the Picatinny was too large and would not work.
The Glock adapter seems like the only option as they 1913 adapter is too wide. My problem is that it appears that the rail is slightly tapered and thicker near the trigger guard. Seems evident that I will need to wet sand it for uniformity. It fits perfectly on my Sig Sauer copperhead, BCM AR-15 and AR-10 pic rails. Apparently, there are not too many original XD-9 owners...Perhaps I should brush up on my Russian and look for a Croatian blog. 😁

Last edited:
The Glock adapter seems like the only option as they 1913 adapter is too wide. My problem is that it appears that the rail is slightly tapered and thicker near the trigger guard. Seems evident that I will need to wet sand it for uniformity. It fits perfectly on my Sig Sauer copperhead, BCM AR-15 and AR-10 pic rails. Apparently, there are not too many original XD-9 owners...Perhaps I should brush up on my Russian and look for a Croatian blog. 😁
Probably less owners over there than in the US...European gun laws, and all...

The thing is, you bought the wrong platform if you want to customize it...instead of buying a small block Chevy engine, you bought a Mopar Slant Six. It's a great engine, will last a lifetime...but not much in high performance options for them.

Probably less owners over there than in the US...European gun laws, and all...

The thing is, you bought the wrong platform if you want to customize it...instead of buying a small block Chevy engine, you bought a Mopar Slant Six. It's a great engine, will last a lifetime...but not much in high performance options for them.
Agreed...just don’t want to lose my ass trading/selling it for a Glock 19. Suppose I will use my Navy/Marine Corps training and engineering ingenuity to improve on the design. “Tip of the spear” not necessarily a good thing in this case. It shoots so well, I hate to be rid of it. Perhaps my pain will be someone’s gain once I have made the mod.

Just for posterity (XD-9 subcompact owners only), here is an image indicating the problem. The adapter cants right in this image...note the gap on the left side due to the thickness of the rail. Yes, I did remove the mag and clear the weapon.

Attachments

• C5610B8E-DBB0-4798-93DB-FCECC9449223.jpeg
    C5610B8E-DBB0-4798-93DB-FCECC9449223.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 182
Just finished the wet sanding. It will pass for medium duty, working on extreme duty (XD).

Attachments

• FF95DA4B-C33E-41CB-8DC2-7C94C2ED3594.jpeg
    FF95DA4B-C33E-41CB-8DC2-7C94C2ED3594.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 251
Back