testtest

Giving it a try again…….

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Going to try deer hunting this year after a long hiatus. Been sighting in my S&W 610, 10mm. Been using Hornady 155gr XTP’s. Have it hitting pretty constant at 50 yards. Haven’t been hunting in over 10 years, hopefully if all goes right, I’ll be out this fall.

Barrel is 6 1/2”
Deer hunting with a pistol is one of my favorite things in the world. Walking up to your stand at 0 dark 30 and then sitting quietly until the forest accepts you as one of it's own. Then squirrels and pretty much everything except friggin' crows pay no attention to you. Even though I don't really hunt anymore I still go out into the woods. It's my meditation.

Good luck brother and above all, be safe and enjoy yourself.

Just don’t go scouting during Duck season 😁
1631755591220.gif

Going to try deer hunting this year after a long hiatus. Been sighting in my S&W 610, 10mm. Been using Hornady 155gr XTP’s. Have it hitting pretty constant at 50 yards. Haven’t been hunting in over 10 years, hopefully if all goes right, I’ll be out this fall.
Sounds like fun just don’t shoot yourself in the beak.
I will say that Hornady has a 155 grain in .308 (A-Max) that gave me the tightest groupings in my M1A still trying to find more of those rounds.

Wow, seems like a little trend returning to hunting. I too am gonna give it another go after 6 years away.

I was sighting in my .30-30 and .308 yesterday and discovered I wiggle and wobble more than I use to. Sticking to 100 yds for now until I stop the wiggling. More time at the range is needed. Mostly finding Federal 150 gr deer loads at my LGS.

Have a great time! Like some others wrote, it's a treat just being out there and letting nature get used to your presence. I remember the ermine who got curious about me and hopped right up to my in a ground blind one year and the porcupine who absolutely didn't care that I was watching him climb a tree from a stand almost as much as I do the actual deer.

Wow, seems like a little trend returning to hunting. I too am gonna give it another go after 6 years away.

I was sighting in my .30-30 and .308 yesterday and discovered I wiggle and wobble more than I use to. Sticking to 100 yds for now until I stop the wiggling. More time at the range is needed. Mostly finding Federal 150 gr deer loads at my LGS.
Cool

Good luck. Just enjoy the time in the woods, that is the biggest most important thing. Bagging game is second to the experience.

Handgun hunting is akin to archery, it requires more stealth and patience. I have taken deer with handgun many times. It is my favorite way these days, Even though I had to drop back down tp.357 from my 44s

Good luck and have fun. I will be hunting again this year. Hopefully will have better luck as I can see much better after getting Cataract surgery. Last year daughter went out with me. She saw deer but I did not and she was sitting in same blind. :oops:

Haven't hunted for at least 5 years myself. Things just get too weird around here. I started hunting in Wyoming and will probably pick up a pronghorn tag next year. Just have a hard time hunting in my home state because of the use and abuse of the land and breaking of rules. I can hike 5 miles into the middle of nowhere only to find a bunch of idiots who've driven their 4-wheelers into the backcountry and are parked across the canyon from me. Super frustrating.

Getting low on meat, however, so I'll need to pick it up again soon.

Good luck with your hunt! I pray you are successful.

Next time I hunt will likely be with my 10mm or 44 Mag. Super light and easier to haul around than a rifle.

Back