testtest

Glock

I started out carrying a CZ75B which is a TDA gun. The first shot was a double action trigger pull but it was still common sense to keep your finger off the trigger.

By the time that I switched from the TDA guns to a Safe Action pistol, in my case and M&P9, I was used to carrying a gun with out a manual safety engaged. The CZ75B can be carried in condition 1 but i never did.

I've carried a Glock for about 11 years now. Keeping my finger away from the trigger is second nature

I stated on revolvers then an M9 and an Sig 220 so while I shot the Hkock ok I never shot it as good as I did the rest I cut my teeth on.

Everything sort of popped when I took a Glock Operators Course and got a 4 star rating.

The thing with Glock is they work and the company had really set the bar as far as support AND it’s got a great training program you can find pretty much in any area of the country. The one downside is their Ioerators course while I get it’s heard to their product you have to use a Glock and it’s great trainjng for any shooter/instructor so I get it but Sig which also has excellent classes don’t require Sig only.

My take they are great guns and you can get parts and holsters at any size gun store from Cairo Egypt to Cairo IL

I might have more Glocks than other brands in semi's, but not necessarily my favorite as my s&w line continues to grow. If sig, hk or cz offered more of what I'd want then it might (that's a big might) be buying those? I don't care for single stack regardless of brand, but then again I don't super-conceal and I don't care if they know I have a gun! Their problem not mine! Glock triggers are fine for me, but options seem limited as most are the same.

Hi,

Am I really going to have to buy a Glock to see what all the fuss is about? Or is there really something to fuss about? Nah, I'll get a free rental at the range first. Some store online was selling used Glock LE trade-ins for not a lot of money, something like $370 for a G17. Is that a decent enough price?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Am I really going to have to buy a Glock to see what all the fuss is about? Or is there really something to fuss about? Nah, I'll get a free rental at the range first. Some store online was selling used Glock LE trade-ins for not a lot of money, something like $370 for a G17. Is that a decent enough price?

BassCliff
Yes, but I'd shoot one first. Some of us don't care for the grip angle. Which is a shame because I personally think they're great looking guns and no doubt a high water mark for reliability.

Hi,

BassCliff
i had joined the GSSF some time ago, i think i am on the 5 year membership. anyways, when one joins, they get a coupon (yearly) to buy a NEW Glock Blue Label (police discount) on some models.

that's how i got my G30, 45 ACP, which i carry every once in a while.

for a "few dollars more", you can get a new Glock..

but rent one first, and give it a try.

mine are all dependable, eat whatever i feed them INCLUDING reloads (which Glock says NOT to shot), and never an issue..

they are "battle guns", not pretty, but very functional, and best of all..??

they are NOT Hi Points.

You would think they would fix the ergonomics as that seems to be the chief complaint about them. That, and they will melt in the trunk of a hot car.🤪
doh,...put ventilation holes in the trunk....????

Interesting

If you do not like Glock grip texture, simply use the famous Talon applique to either roughen the texture or make it more comfortable, as Talon offers both options. Glock factory sights may be improved. TruGlo’s self-luminous sights are an option. Magpul offers reliable magazines. Faxon offers barrels and compensators.
Aside from the grip angle, I would say the worst thing about Glocks are the trigger. Now, i prefer a 1911 over any striker fired trigger, but, I think Glock has one of the worst striker fire triggers. Yes, they can be upgraded, but that's my point, it was mentioned here.

I currently have a Glock 17 that is part of my carry rotation, and I find myself carrying my full size 1911 more often, thought, if I am carrying a big gun. I find I am way more accurate with it.

I just went through a tactical training with my agency yesterday with my duty G 45. We were ringing steel at 25 yards and accuracy was fine on the drills that really focused on that.

Glocks still aren't my favorite.
Personally, I still think they are ugly, the grip angle isn't ideal, and I don't love the trigger. But they just work. And they are accurate enough for almost every situation.

If I need to make a head shot at 25 yards, I want my 1911. If I was in a more prolonged gun battle, I would probably prefer the 17 or 45 though

Hi,

BassCliff
if you had any interest at all, in joining the GSSF, whatever cost you choose, (i chose the 5 year plan at $125), i got that money back with my first Glock Blue Label purchase....

then each year (in January) you get a coupon to buy another Glock..

HOWEVER...if you do not buy a new Glock, you do not get another coupon, until you use the previous one they sent you.

right now, i have a coupon that is at least 2 years old, and expires in 2026 when my membership does.

if i were to buy a new Glock soon?

THEN, come January, i will get another coupon.

Back