testtest

Go Bag — 10 Items You Forgot

Yeah, i get reminded I qualify for my lifetime achievement award. Life isn't always going to be roses. 😉
8017107C-D09A-4626-A80E-4D3A47600246.jpeg

End of world realistically means the end of the game for us, at the very least for my wife. With her medical conditions there is no bugging out, not on foot at least, so it's hunker down in place, which is not terrible given our location. When med supplies run out, and are unavailable, then it's really game over. Ya, I could make say the cabin on foot in time with what could carry. If I left her behind, but that ain't happening, we been in it together for 43 years, we will face the end together.

I have GHB kits I carry in cars and they are designed to get us home.

But Shtf... nah, that's for my kid and grandkids to worry about, hopefully I have helped set them up to thrive...

I am in mass suburbia. Millions of people in N Tx. Roads would be clogged within 30 min.
You see the “ get our of town, hurricane is about to hit” line of cars in Louisiana, S Tx and Florida every few years. That would be my situation.
I’ll have enough food, water and gas for several weeks. After that, i’d try to make it out. I’ll fortify in place short term.
Really though, if end was here, it would be band with neighbors I know I can trust. Between the millions of cars and house pantries of dry goods, we would be able to secure what we needed. Or die trying.
I’m not about to support those who dont directly involve me or can help . Trusted neighbors will have to rely on each other as their will be millions in the same boat.
Work our way out to better sustainable quarters from there.

If I had time, like knew it was coming weeks ahead, then I have plenty to bug out to my country dwellings were there is sustainable water and food.
I just need a bug out bag big enough to get me to @KillerFord1977 ’s house!

10 things you need in your go bag:

Mayonnaise

Sriracha

Yarn (so you can crochet a duvet)

Etch-a-Sketch (for silent communication)

Photo of David Hasselhoff in Baywatch prime (or Pam Anderson—I don’t judge)—for motivation

Miracle Whip (if you don’t like Mayo…save the Mayo for trades, like roast iguana)

10 rounds of 7.63 Mauser (in case you run across a C96)

Vermouth (nobody actually drinks it, so it’ll be weirdly valuable)

A giant candy cane (for Christmas!)

A 1963 Plymouth Belvedere

A Mk17 “Bravo” 15MT thermonuclear device

Get all of these in your bag, you’re good to go. Guaranteed.

A "Get Home" bag doesn't necessarily mean an "end-of-the world" situation. Domestic events can interrupt normal transportation. Case in point was 9/11 when all the airlines were shut down.

I was several hundred miles away from home at a conference when that happened. Fortunately, I had my own wheels when almost everyone else there had flown in from various parts of the country.

Folks were scrambling to find transportation to get home. I made some adjustments to my own preps when traveling based on what happened then. I especially make different preps when traveling back east into that higher population part of the country.

A "Get Home" bag doesn't necessarily mean an "end-of-the world" situation. Domestic events can interrupt normal transportation. Case in point was 9/11 when all the airlines were shut down.

I was several hundred miles away from home at a conference when that happened. Fortunately, I had my own wheels when almost everyone else there had flown in from various parts of the country.

Folks were scrambling to find transportation to get home. I made some adjustments to my own preps when traveling based on what happened then. I especially make different preps when traveling back east into that higher population part of the country.

I was, literally, in the air when it happened.

Landed 6 hours from home, and grounded (Kansas City).

Killed the first couple hours in an airport bar, where I hooked up with 3 other people who were going the same way as me, and we had a plan.

One rental Suburban on my corporate AMEX later, with cash in pocket from the others…I got home at 0200 9/12.

But I get your point.

Thanks for the link, Talyn.

If something happened here like what is happening in Ukraine, I would do my best to survive and protect. But, there is no way I would start using force to take from others. How barbaric can we get?

If you , or worse, your wife and kids, were starving I guarantee you would if you had to. And frankly I don't think anyone here is talking about doing it for the fun of it.

I have enough supplies in my truck for hunting camp to get home. Always have.

Thats just called standard plans for the season and being smart.
Like don't get caught stuck in the snow driving to work in your darn dress shoes

Bug out bag for me is extended stay , SHTF , thus my previous responses.

Back