testtest

GOA Action Item 4/27

Grifter

Custom
Founding Member
Please add your name.

So on the other thread, the one from the NRA-ILA, I think it was called " Can Biden take your rights with the stroke of the pen", some of us are apparently concerned that since it came from the NRA-ILA it's likely BS scare tactics. Then the opening sentence from the email I got from GOA today is this "Gun confiscation is now on the table in the U.S. Senate."

So when the NRA-ILA does it it's bad, but when GOA does it ??

I should have read my email more closely before typing my contact info & submitting. It mentioned the letter would be sent to all Republicans and “swing” Democrats like Joe Manchin et. al. My email/letter went to Pat Toomey and not Bob Casey, who will consider this “Common Sense Gun Controls” which is a phrase he always uses when responding to my GOA alert emails Sent to him.

So on the other thread, the one from the NRA-ILA, I think it was called " Can Biden take your rights with the stroke of the pen", some of us are apparently concerned that since it came from the NRA-ILA it's likely BS scare tactics. Then the opening sentence from the email I got from GOA today is this "Gun confiscation is now on the table in the U.S. Senate."

So when the NRA-ILA does it it's bad, but when GOA does it ??
Yea, I noticed that too Bob….🤔🤔

Link provided by GOA and sent; msg. bounced back from Dem. senators office with reply basically saying "this email address doesn't accept those concerns." Am guessing GOA doesn't have senators correct email address, may be different address than they're using or senators office is playing games?

Could be wrong, hope am, but GOA is giving me bad vibes from email info gotten from them in past.
GOA seem more interested in persons contact info than in doing what said for and doing from my perspective.
Been getting more odd spam calls, texts and emails lately since dealing with them.

Link provided by GOA and sent; msg. bounced back from Dem. senators office with reply basically saying "this email address doesn't accept those concerns." Am guessing GOA doesn't have senators correct email address, may be different address than they're using or senators office is playing games?

Could be wrong, hope am, but GOA is giving me bad vibes from email info gotten from them in past.
GOA seem more interested in persons contact info than in doing what said for and doing from my perspective.
Been getting more odd spam calls, texts and emails lately since dealing with them.
Dunno much about GOA nor why it would exclude - or more accurately, fail to include - any serving legislator in communication from its members about hot-button issues. Hopefully just a mistake...

But I want to wax philosophical on a big picture level for a moment:
The contradictory thing about activism, activists and their ilk is they all share a common trait: to actually achieve their goal with finality is to put themselves out of business. I realize that’s a bit silly when we all can safely assume that at a minimum, far-lefties would never give up their fight for GC no matter how bad they’re beaten at the polls or in the courts (to include SCOTUS). And no matter how many citizens own ‘assault rifles’.

But the point is, activism owes its existence to the controversy itself, be it 2A, BLM, whatever. Preaching more or less exclusively to the choir is suspicious. Do they truly want a logical well-thought-out convincing position that leads to a conclusion or rabble rousing based on emotional roller coaster rides for the ‘true believers’ ?

Some pointed letters to GOA could be in order to correct course.

Write, email, or call your elected representatives directly. A respectful, well written letter, email, or phone call will get more attention than these "one size fits all" petitions which are probably not even read, particularly if you are not one of their constituents. I learned this information first hand in speaking in-person directly to several of my elected representatives who represent my districts whether they are local, state, or federal. Do your homework on the facts, state your case respectfully, and it will carry a much greater impact. Our biggest advantage is that they want our votes.

I should have read my email more closely before typing my contact info & submitting. It mentioned the letter would be sent to all Republicans and “swing” Democrats like Joe Manchin et. al. My email/letter went to Pat Toomey and not Bob Casey, who will consider this “Common Sense Gun Controls” which is a phrase he always uses when responding to my GOA alert emails Sent to him.

Tell Sen. Casey that what you want is "Common Sense Gun Controls" and not what they're proposing.

Write, email, or call your elected representatives directly. A respectful, well written letter, email, or phone call will get more attention than these "one size fits all" petitions which are probably not even read, particularly if you are not one of their constituents. I learned this information first hand in speaking in-person directly to several of my elected representatives who represent my districts whether they are local, state, or federal. Do your homework on the facts, state your case respectfully, and it will carry a much greater impact. Our biggest advantage is that they want our votes.
You are dead on target ! A handwritten letter means far more than a printout of signatures from yet another activist group...
Reps actually have staff members whose job it is to track constituents’ concerns.
As you said Lock, keep it respectful. I’d add: don’t write while in a state of anger, having drunk too much (grin), or hurriedly. Make it follow logically (try an outline of points first).... set it aside at least a day, then proofread, eliminating unnecessary words, qualifiers & intensifiers. Keep it succinct. Maybe get somebody to read it before sending.
Just my 2c...

You are dead on target ! A handwritten letter means far more than a printout of signatures from yet another activist group...
Reps actually have staff members whose job it is to track constituents’ concerns.
As you said Lock, keep it respectful. I’d add: don’t write while in a state of anger, having drunk too much (grin), or hurriedly. Make it follow logically (try an outline of points first).... set it aside at least a day, then proofread, eliminating unnecessary words, qualifiers & intensifiers. Keep it succinct. Maybe get somebody to read it before sending.
Just my 2c...
Right you are sir!

Edit-Darned auto correct. Wanted sir to be sure. Sounded like Yoda, though strong with The Force I would have been.

Last edited:
Back