testtest

good day at the range

There are numerous indoor ranges in multiple cities just none close to me. I don't want to drive 150 or more miles just to shoot in an indoor range. If there are some closer I don't know about them.
i know all too well about driving...as a former trucker, when i retired, i had racked up just a tad over 4 million miles. that was from coast to coast, south, and up as far as parts of Canada.

in later years, it was more of a regional (localized) driving.

my state has a really nice free outdoor range, that one has to obtain a pass, that lasts 5 years.

i have that pass, and been there all of 2 times. (once for the class/rules, once to shoot)

it is about a 50 minute drive from my house.

when ever i go to my club, 1.8 miles away, that's "too far" to drive nowadays, given my tiredness from all my years of driving.

so i just don't really wanna take all of 2 boxes of ammo (my max limits), drive round trip of nearly 2 hours, for a mere 20 minutes of shooting.

so yes, i understand your situation about driving.

not knowing other than you are in south Texas, all i too could find were these:

i know all too well about driving...as a former trucker, when i retired, i had racked up just a tad over 4 million miles. that was from coast to coast, south, and up as far as parts of Canada.

in later years, it was more of a regional (localized) driving.

my state has a really nice free outdoor range, that one has to obtain a pass, that lasts 5 years.

i have that pass, and been there all of 2 times. (once for the class/rules, once to shoot)

it is about a 50 minute drive from my house.

when ever i go to my club, 1.8 miles away, that's "too far" to drive nowadays, given my tiredness from all my years of driving.

so i just don't really wanna take all of 2 boxes of ammo (my max limits), drive round trip of nearly 2 hours, for a mere 20 minutes of shooting.

so yes, i understand your situation about driving.

not knowing other than you are in south Texas, all i too could find were these:

Old_Me thanks for your research. The range in Markham is 75 miles from me. It's been a few years that I regularly competed in rifle & pistol matches there. The club/range I belong to is much better and closer. I usually shoot 2-3 days a month. I would like shoot more often but medical issues won't let me. Getting older is much better than the alternative, but it still sucks.

Old_Me thanks for your research. The range in Markham is 75 miles from me. It's been a few years that I regularly competed in rifle & pistol matches there. The club/range I belong to is much better and closer. I usually shoot 2-3 days a month. I would like shoot more often but medical issues won't let me. Getting older is much better than the alternative, but it still sucks.
that's what i face.

the club i belong to is 1.8 miles from my house, but the backwall is like only 40 feet.

the range i was going to, that jacked up thier membership, is 75 feet, or the required 25 yards for the ccw test.

if i do not renew my membership there, i will at least pay the fee for the port, and the test. so about $125.00

and that place is 20 minutes from my house.

another club, indoor/outdoor ranges, has memberships for about $200 per year, but, i have to go thru Massachusetts then back into my state, where it is....30 minutes away

i'd prefer to go thru my state, but that is 1 hour drive time.

Back