testtest

"Grand Reopening" Event at GSIR in Hudson, NH

I handled the 940 and the A300 Patrol at Northeast Munitions in Merrimac, NH and I ultimately decided to go with the A300 Patrol.

The 940 had a better feeling smoother trigger but the A300 had other options that I preferred over the 940's trigger like the rail and aggressive grips texture on the grip and fore end. Either shotgun would be a great choice and I have to give the 940 the credit to accept a wider choice of aftermarket accessories including upgraded stocks that the A300 doesn't support.
Which is a major problem for me as I don't care for the stocks on either of them.

I prefer a standard rifle type stock on a shotgun than a pistol grip as I find myself way being way faster when shouldering and acquiring a target than I do with a pistol grip.

The geometry just aligns better for me with the rifle type stock.
Agree with you, apart from the $1,900 price tag (minor detail, right) the pistol grip isn't my favorite. Same reason I got the M1A SOCOM, not the CQB.

Agree with you, apart from the $1,900 price tag (minor detail, right) the pistol grip isn't my favorite. Same reason I got the M1A SOCOM, not the CQB.
The A300 and the 940 tactical are in the same $1000.00 price range.

I got the Tanker myself but I do eventually want to get the Socom and a Scout.

Here's my A300 Patrol.
20230818_191512.jpg

It sounds like there's definitely some good benefits to become a member there with the discounts.
Yeah, although it seems that things have changed, better stay grandfathered as the new and improved fees are getting a little bit concerning. What used to be $150 is now $199 for signup fee, and what used to be $40/month is now $50/month. Still pays for itself in my case, but it's rising a bit too quickly for my taste. Still cheaper than the SIG range, but not by much anymore...

1696097816123.png

Last edited:
Yeah. although it seems that things have changed, better stay grandfathered as the new and improved fees are getting a little bit concerning. What used to be $150 is now $199 for signup fee, and what used to be $40/month is now $50/month. Still pays for itself in my case, but it's rising a bit too quickly for my taste. Still cheaper than the SIG range, but not by much anymore...

View attachment 44394
I'd recommend you get on the wait-list for Londonderry Fish and Game. They have the most to offer without a ton of rules.

I've been a member for a few years now and it's the best club I've ever joined.

I'd recommend you get on the wait-list for Londonderry Fish and Game. They have the most to offer without a ton of rules.

I've been a member for a few years now and it's the best club I've ever joined.
Yeah, that's an idea! There's a 100 yard indoor range at the Lone Pine Club in Hollis, but they're in trouble financially and legally... Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, that's an idea! There's a 100 yard indoor range at the Lone Pine Club in Hollis, but they're in trouble financially and legally... Thanks for the tip!
No indoor range at Londonderry but we do have a bunch of outdoor ranges to practice at. We even have a 25yd and a 50yd utility range where you can run drills like running and gunning.

Tannerite is also allowed at the 50yd utility range to blow up pumpkins or other materials that won't cause dangerous shrapnel.

The 100yd, 200yd, and 400yd ranges all have steel targets hanging or you can use paper on the wood back boards.

No range officers and only 10 rules to follow for the whole club.

No indoor range at Londonderry but we do have a bunch of outdoor ranges to practice at. We even have a 25yd and a 50yd utility range where you can run drills like running and gunning.

Tannerite is also allowed at the 50yd utility range to blow up pumpkins or other materials that won't cause dangerous shrapnel.

The 100yd, 200yd, and 400yd ranges all have steel targets hanging or you can use paper on the wood back boards.

No range officers and only 10 rules to follow for the whole club.
That sound nice! The ones around here are Elmer Fudd & Co. so precisely the opposite of what you're describing :D

I like Granite State Indoor range but the price increase on the range rental rates from $20.00 to $30.00 during the week is way too expensive and the increase to $40.00 for a weekend day is definitely not worth the cost considering most people at these rental ranges shoot for less than an hour.
Thats way too high, even for Dallas Snob ranges . $20-25 rate around here

That's what I think too, but they're booming on the weekends: tons of excitable teenagers coming up from Mass that apparently have plenty of money to spend on practicing their gangsta grip and film themselves miss the target 9 times out of 10 :D The RSO flips every two minutes. I wonder if they made the rental that high to try to price these guys out and it didn't work...

There's another rental range a few miles up the road called Manchester Firing Line that only charges $20.00 for the first hour and $10.00 each additional hour.

They don't have any good deals on firearms or ammo with most firearms being sold for full MSRP and ammo is through the roof expensive there.

The range is nice though with a waterfall back stop that keeps the lead out of the air, plus a really good filtration system and well lit digital lanes.

The range officers at both rental ranges are really good and professional. They leave you alone if they see you are shooting safely but they do act quick when someone's being a tool bag.

I prefer a standard rifle type stock on a shotgun than a pistol grip as I find myself way being way faster when shouldering and acquiring a target than I do with a pistol grip.

The geometry just aligns better for me with the rifle type stock.
I am fine with either but if it’s a tac shotgun I want either a pistol grip or the SGA. SGA has a nice angle. I’m much faster with a pistol grip though.

$1900 ? Which shotgun you referring to ? Sounds like the M4. And the one I’m after is closer to $2400. I think I paid 13 or 14 for my 1301T.

$1900 ? Which shotgun you referring to ? Sounds like the M4. And the one I’m after is closer to $2400. I think I paid 13 or 14 for my 1301T.
Yeah barebones M4, it's been there for a while, everyone passing by kind of knows what it and how much it is, it'll be there for a long time. I held it and it feels awesome, but I could not sneak a $2K shotgun passed my wife as easily as the 940 😂

There's another rental range a few miles up the road called Manchester Firing Line that only charges $20.00 for the first hour and $10.00 each additional hour.

They don't have any good deals on firearms or ammo with most firearms being sold for full MSRP and ammo is through the roof expensive there.

The range is nice though with a waterfall back stop that keeps the lead out of the air, plus a really good filtration system and well lit digital lanes.

The range officers at both rental ranges are really good and professional. They leave you alone if they see you are shooting safely but they do act quick when someone's being a tool bag.
I just checked them out, and this looks pretty good, thanks for the info

Screenshot_20230930-172753.png

Yeah barebones M4, it's been there for a while, everyone passing by kind of knows what it and how much it is, it'll be there for a long time. I held it and it feels awesome, but I could not sneak a $2K shotgun passed my wife as easily as the 940 😂
My wife is totally used to and expects me to drop at least 2k on any shotgun I buy. After all the $1300-$1500 ones didn’t scratch the itch.

Back