testtest

Greetings from a Democrat!

$600 for me. Why not fork out more money for something I already legally bought? Total bs but what else do I do?
What else do you do? Leave them as pistols for now. Until these proposals are passed the way they are written, an AR pistol as defined is still legal. I would NOT preemptively submit your pistols as SBRs and pay the tax stamp. No reason to do that. Just make sure they are legal now and if the laws actually change, decide what to do then.

You can cross state lines IF you let the ATF and state police (I believe) know. I don’t know all the rules surrounding SBRs, as I don’t have one. Suffice it to say that regulations in regards to SBRs are much more stringent as well as vague than they are with pistols.

If you have an AR pistol, make sure you have an ATF approved brace on it. And make sure you don’t have a vertical fore grip. As of right now, that’s pretty much all you have to worry about and you can treat the weapon like any other handgun. Register it as an SBR and you open up a whole new can of worms and you better make sure you are aware of all federal and state laws regarding NFA classified firearms.

People can do what they want. But, I’ll stick with the pistol, unless I’m forced to reclassify.
One thing to add to this. Make sure your LOP is 3.5” or less. Go more than that and you’re walking into murky waters…

What else do you do? Leave them as pistols for now. Until these proposals are passed the way they are written, an AR pistol as defined is still legal. I would NOT preemptively submit your pistols as SBRs and pay the tax stamp. No reason to do that. Just make sure they are legal now and if the laws actually change, decide what to do then.

I’m not doing anything until if and when the laws change. What I was meaning in that post was that if that time comes, I don’t feel like I have any choice unless I feel like modifying them(I don’t) or I want to sell them(I won’t) at that point I would just pay the $200. Not before. Unless I decide having a verticle foregrip is that important to me(it isn’t)

Back