testtest

Gun shops empty and rationing ammo

Texas Matador

Operator
Founding Member
This past weekend was the first time I've ever gone to a gun store/range and left feeling really bummed out. My local shop is nice, really nice. It's big and you walk in and usually experience sensory overload due to all of the inventory they have on hand. When I walked in this past weekend, I was greeted by a sea of empty displays. At the same time, the place was packed with people. We were all walking around in disbelief as to the vast amount of nothing to look at. In talking with the staff, they have no idea what they are going to get nor when they are going to get it. It doesn't matter which manufacturer as they all appear to be in the same boat. They gave me some tips on how to keep an eye on their inventory and score a new toy before the next guy but these shenanigans are ridiculous. I'm working on coming to grips with this potential new normal (at least for the next four years). I also learned that the range was actually capping people at one box of ammo each..assuming you didn't bring your own. Sad times. Sad times indeed. Anyone having a different experience out there?

Shelves my way are more empty than normal, but not bare (fairly comparable to the Sandy Hook era freak out)...

But ammo...that's a lot worse.

Problem is...

(screech of a soapbox being dragged out)

We are are own worst enemy, here. There would be plenty of ammo to go around, except for all those folks that are freaking out because they can't face facts.

With split control of the houses, there ain’t gonna be any federal gun control laws passed. Simple fact.

But...there’s far too many folks who are simply ignorant of this, have digested too much propaganda from one source or another, so they gotta stock up. Hoard. All the guns and boolits...and someone else sees it, and does the same thing.

And so on, ad nauseum.

Remember the great toilet paper scare? Did anyone end up wiping their tuchus with newspapers because they ran out? Did you actually use the stocks that you panic bought before there it wa back on shelves? This is the same exact thing...but it's ongoing, because everyone is buying into the panic.

So stop. Just...stop. And convince others to do the same.

Don't buy overpriced ammo—anywhere.

Shelves my way are more empty than normal, but not bare (fairly comparable to the Sandy Hook era freak out)...

Problem is...

We are are own worst enemy, here. There would be plenty of ammo to go around, except for all those folks that are freaking out because they can't face facts.

With split control of the houses, there ain’t gonna be any federal gun control laws passed. Simple fact.

But...there’s far too many folks who are simply ignorant of this, have digested too much propaganda from one source or another, so they gotta stock up. Hoard. All the guns and boolits...and someone else sees it, and does the same thing.

And so on, ad nauseum.

Remember the great toilet paper scare? Did anyone end up wiping their tuchus with newspapers because they ran out? Did you actually use the stocks that you panic bought before there it wa back on shelves? This is the same exact thing...but it's ongoing, because everyone is buying into the panic.

I agree. Stop feeding the people online selling ammo at 40 dollars a box. Supply and demand of course but common...I have yet to find any defense ammo on the shelves and I am not paying 1.50 a round right now.

Like HG says don't buy overpriced ammo unless you're such a newbie to firearms that you have no choice.

I can still pick up NOS ammo at oringinal prices in some places but that door is closing soon. When that happens I won't buy, and continue to be prudent with my use of the existing stock.

I have enough to get me through Christmas
1A1412B3-A428-4E2A-8A48-8482FD36B2B4.jpeg

Problem is...

And so on, ad nauseum.

"With split control of the houses, there ain’t gonna be any federal gun control laws passed. Simple fact."

I agree with you here Hans, if we do indeed end up having divided government. It looks like the 2 Georgia Senatorial runoffs will decide who obtains the majority in the Senate. Then there's the possibility of the issuing of executive orders, or the ATF making and or changing firearm rulings. Let's hope that it doesn't come down to that.
I also agree on your ammunition stance. I personally have a significant supply of different calibers, but could always use more. But I've decided to cut down on range time and wait until prices get back to more reasonable prices (and yes I know that it may be some time that I'll have to wait).

"With split control of the houses, there ain’t gonna be any federal gun control laws passed. Simple fact."

I agree with you here Hans, if we do indeed end up having divided government. It looks like the 2 Georgia Senatorial runoffs will decide who obtains the majority in the Senate. Then there's the possibility of the issuing of executive orders, or the ATF making and or changing firearm rulings.

The one Georgia Senate race has 20! candidates, of which the 18 likely took votes away from the Republican candidate, whereas the other race didn't. Likely, because the K. Loffler race was a replacement race.

But a divided Congress would prevent new laws from being implemented, but as BET7 says if Biden gets in office then the issuing of executive orders, or the ATF making and or changing firearm rulings is likely since the Executive Office runs fedreal govt agencies.

So, it's critical that the Republicans gets both Georgia Senate seats.

I agree with you here Hans, if we do indeed end up having divided government. It looks like the 2 Georgia Senatorial runoffs will decide who obtains the majority in the Senate. Then there's the possibility of the issuing of executive orders, or the ATF making and or changing firearm rulings. Let's hope that it doesn't come down to that.
I also agree on your ammunition stance. I personally have a significant supply of different calibers, but could always use more. But I've decided to cut down on range time and wait until prices get back to more reasonable prices (and yes I know that it may be some time that I'll have to wait).
There is only so much you can do with executive orders, gun laws need Congress to pass anything major, so with an executive orders, can’t ban so called assault weapons, can’t ban high capacity magazines, can’t ban 9mm ammo, but more then likely some of the minor stuff maybe, but when it goes in front of the Supreme Court, it more then likely will be repealed, just my opinion

The shelves at my local range have been bare for months. The only upside is that its really easy to get an available lane. The last three times I have gone to the range there have been less than 5 total shooters, and once I was alone. I'd be fine if the range/shop was just selling everything so fast that they didn't have time to stock, but I think the owner is starting to really feel the hurt from the inability to get shipments of new product. I'd always though gun-grabbers might be death of my LGS, but never expected the threat to come from gun buyers.

Back